Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bad, Bad Daisydoodle...

Ok, I'm just over a month banded. Eating regular foods finally. I go see my nutritionist in a couple of weeks and I'm sure that she will "school" me in the ways I'm suppose to be eating now.

I can't help but feel guilty with what I am eating now. Since I don't have a fill yet, I really am not feeling much restriction. I haven't had any problems eating "normal" food at all. I'm still eating smaller quantities and less frequently than pre-band....but I have to admit that I am still giving in to poor food choices sometimes.

Today at 4 pm, I had 3 chips ahoy choc chip Cookies. WHY DO I DO THIS?

It's like I am testing this darn thing. Since I'm still losing weight, I keep pushing the envelope to see what all I can get away with....

Just felt the need to confess.

Daisy, what is your total calorie intake? If you are below say 1200 or 1400 calories, then I personally don't see a problem with a couple of Cookies. Remember, this isn't a diet! Just make sure you track your calories. (no need to be obsesive about it though)

The last nutritionist I worked with said I could have baccon cheese burgers on occasion because my cholesteral is so low.

I know how you feel. I was banded on 1/24/05 and have lost 31 lbs so far. I have a tiny bit of restriction (some things get stuck) but not nearly enough. I can eat pretty much anything but do stay away from bread, sandwiches, stuff like that. I do still have my sweets but I do try to make good choices. I missed my first fill due to snow but am scheduled again for 4/15!!

Good luck you are doing great

Lauren

Daisy - For one thing, you don't have a fill so you are wide open at the time. It is almost like you were never banded. Things should get better after you get your fill. I do know a few bansters that have a sweet everyday, they just count it in their total allowed calories for that day.

...and don't beat yourself up about the Cookies...we've all done it! for every one story of "sticking to the rules" i bet there are five of us who are guilty of "testing" the band

Elizabeth

8-28-03

Queen Band Tester

Daisy,

I had some choc Easter eggs. Do you have a date for your 1st fill? Mine's in 2 weeks. I wish it was this week.

Patty

Silly Daisy, you're not a bad girl, you're just human, that's all. And three little Cookies certainly didn't cause any of us to be obese. If I could stop at three cookies I'd be thrilled with life. I was lucky cause I had good restriction before ever getting a fill, but even with good restriction I could eat 3 cookies. Teresa lost like 70 pounds with no fill, it's just that some people find it easier to give up the goodies regardless of complete restriction. Now excuse me while I go eat some more Peanut Butter M&Ms while thanking my Maker that I only eat a handful at a time these days instead of whole bags.

Peanut Butter M&m's are the devil!!!! They are so hard to find that you buy them up when you do and then eat every single one in one sitting...maybe just my experience. Daisy, everyone goes through this. I don't care if you are 300 or 100 pounds. Don't beat yourself up, it happens and the good thig is tomorrow is a new day...hopefully lacking in the peanut butter m&m's...:)

Bad, Bad Daisydoodle...

Nicole, you are so funny!

When I was at the grocry store yesterday, I got a hershey bar w/ almonds... even ate it in the line while the chasier was scanning my groceries... what a pig! Only thing I can figure is all that easter candy carbs has left me craving for more!!!!

How was the crawfish Easter Sunday?

Thanks all....I've started today with a better attitude. I guess I get disappointed in myself when I make bad choices because I really do feel lucky to have the opportunity to have my band. I mean, I look all around me at people more obese than I am who would probably jump at the chance to be a "model bandster" and here I am sneaking in foods that I know are bad for me. I'm gonna do better though. First fill is in 3 weeks. Ugh.

And Paula....the crawfish went down JUST FINE. MMMMMMM......I bet I only ate about a pound though. And no beer. :) I could still feel the sodium the next day!

Thanks for all of your support!

Hi Daisy,

Heres a hug and a handslap!!! LOL. Just kidding! Even after 21 months, I still feel bad when I indulge in something that I know is terrible and has zero nutritional value. I am working on the guilt in therapy!

The truth is if you keep testing yourself so early in the game, you will continue to do so. The next time it might be 5 Cookies to see if you can still lose weight or a big piece of pie etc... I think you get my point.

Try working on making wise choices in the beginning. When you get closer to goal and want to maintain your weight, then you can add goodies back. I dont want you think I make wise choices all the time because I absolutely dont, but eating a piece of Protein will go a longer way to keeping you full longer.

The other thing you might try is scheduling treats when you make certain daily goals. I do that a lot. If I exercise, I let myself have a frozen yogurt at Marble Slab. Or a cookie or two. This way you get to have your cake and eat it too!!! And no guilt!!!

Babs in TX

334/180

6/23/03

new goal: 170 or less....

Awwww Miss Doodle! Well I just hadddddd to take a lick of a jelly packet on the restraunt table the day after surgery so I cant get on you for just 3 cookies!!! You have earned those cookies! No worries, you will get back on track!