Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch To 5k Come Join Me!!!!

amy... thanks ... plan this week is to go 3 days a week for at least 1/2 hour ...

Disney (Minnie Marathon) is May 4th... YIKES ... 9 miles ... :regular_smile:

Losing, are you going to do the Disney Marathon? That is soo cool!! I would eventually like to do some type of marathon. I was never a distance runner. In high school track (100 years ago) I sprinted (the 100 yard dash, 220 relay), but could never do distance. I just started the c25k again this week, just finished week 1. I'm doing wed, frid, sunday, so Wed I will start week 2. Anyone else have a problem downloading week 2? Guess I'll either have to count in my head (ya right) or start week 3 and do that for two weeks. Guess I'll just see how it goes.

Wow, sorry for the long post, guess I got long winded while I was away!

Cindy

Cindy,

im scheduled to do the following:

Minnie Marathon (as in the mouse) - 9 miles ... 04 May 08 - will walk it

Chicago Marathon - 26.2 miles ... 11 (or 12) Oct 08 - will walk it

Disney Marathon - 26.2 miles ... early Jan 09 - will run/walk it

my goals for Minnie & Chicago are to simply finish... even the 9 miles right now seems so daunting cause i've been so inactive due to my plastic surgery... starting this week though... fun fun ...

Losing, you'll do fine, keep up the great work! How did your tt and Lipo go? Are you so glad that you had it done? I'm seriously thinking about having the ladies done, but we'll see.

Cindy

Hi Everyone,

Okay - I started the program today and it went well. I have been doing 1 1/2 hours of cardio 5 times a week (but no running) so I will have to get used to the running. Today was easy, but I have a feeling that it is going to get harder . . . I am hoping that my boobs will shrink as I lose weight, if you know what I mean . . .

How is everyone else doing on the running program?

Pam

Well, I have gotten off track with the 5k. I signed up to run a 5k in May, so I no longer have 9 weeks to prepare. I am running/walking 5k Monday through Friday with breaks on Saturday and Sunday. Today I finished it in 44 minutes. This is improving from 53 minutes. I am getting there, but this running is kicking my butt!!!

didnt do quite 5K yesterday... did 2.10 miles in 39:28

not too shabby for my first real day back to exercise (i was walking on t'mill, but only 1.5ish MPH, yesterday i went up to 3.5 and felt great!)

i have a 5K (Race for the Cure) the end of this month then my 15K 4May... i best get my rear in gear.

today's plan is 3 miles. tomorrow 4, rest Friday and 6 miles Saturday.

Hi. I've been lurking and watching everyone talk about the couch to 5k. Never thought I would be able to join in!

I've actually been able to do a modified version of it. Our membership to a 24 hour gym expired and we didn't get signed up for more, so I've actually been running/walking outside. I mapped out a route that I take each day. We live on the edge of town, so I get to run on country roads so no one can see me huffing and puffing along. The best part is my daughter has been going with me (she rides her bike). It's fun because it is our time. She struggles with weight, and she is only 10. It has given her so much confidence and we keep each other going.

I don't have a timer, so I just walk around the circle to warm-up, it takes me 5 minutes, then I walk/run for 3 miles. The first day I thought I would die! It has gotten so much easier. I just try to beat my time each day we go out. My best time so far was about 45 minutes.

I have always played either volleyball or softball. NEVER running. I am actually liking it. I am sitting here at work dreaming of when I can go home and go for my run. That would have never happened 6 months ago. I probably was dreaming of what I could eat and gorge on.

I like the idea of signing up for races just to keep me motivated. I'll have to check into it. My goal right now it to just be able to run the whole 3 miles.

LJM I love WDW some year it would be so much fun to be able to run the marathon. Keep us posted, how do you even begin to train for one? I've read your blog, you are a great inspiration!

i did 3 miles today ... i cant believe how out of shape i've gotten during my recovery....

i honestly dunno if i can make the 4 miles tomorrow... seriously.

Hey Losing

Just read your blog. Your pictures are AWESOME. You must be so psyched (and proud). And you WILL do the four miles tomorrow. You're doing great. Just keep focused and do the best you can. I'm on Week 3 of c25k (I skipped week 2 only because it wouldn't download on my Ipod) and you are my inspiration. Keep up the great work and let us know how it's going. I love to read everyone's progress, it's so motivational. Keeps me going.

Cindy