Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April/May plastics 08

So I went in for my consult on Friday and I didn't get good news. The plastic surgeon that we saw doesn't want to do the surgery because it is going to be VERY EXTENSIVE and he feels that it is too far away from home. He said to do it I would need, MR, the regular horizontal TT incision and then a vertical "T-incision" as well. He said I have NO elasticity left in my skin! He was a very good surgeon and feels that he could do the surgery, but the likelyhood of complications (separated incision, infection, seromas) would just make it too risky to do when we live 3 hours away. Plus he said that with them removing 10-15 pounds of fat the shock to the system could be too great for me to be that far away. So he refered me to some surgeons over here (we don't live in a big city AT ALL!) When I called the 4 that are here on Friday these were the results: 1 said they wouldn't do the surgery because it was too extensive, 1 didn't have a financing program, 1 said they didn't have financing BUT they would try to get it approved through insurance because of my back pain, and the other one didn't answer. The one that didn't answer does use CareCredit and I did get approved for that last night so that is an option. Also, my SIL lives an hour from the original surgeon that I saw so I have a call into him to see if he would do the surgery if we stayed with her for a month. She graciously said that would be just fine. SOOOOOO I still have options. Also with the ability to get financed through CareCredit, I can expand where I look for surgeons and have it done in WA and stay with my brother as well. My problem is that I am running out of time. I have to have the surgery done from the end of June through the first 2 weeks in July. Anytime after that I don't know that I would be ready to go back to work at the end of August.

How exciting!!! I see my Dr. Friday to schedule the surgery. At this time I am hoping for the week of May 20th. I am meeting my Shrinking Violets group the weekend of the 16th-19th. So there is no way to get it done prior to that and be up to the flight and the trip----so immediately following is my hope!!!

Do you have everything set up and ready to go at home??

Kat

Hi Kat, not sure exactly what to do at home. Any suggestions? The PS did say that I need a lot of pillows which I have. Other than that I do have soft diet things in the house ie. Soup, yogurt. I was told by my surgeon that you do get more restriction when you have surgery so we'll see. I think I have gained about 7 lbs since my unfill. Just an FYI. Wait until the last minute to have an unfill. I did it 2 weeks early which was a big mistake. I was PBing alot but he took me down .5ccs. So I have a little restriction but not much. I am also hungry every 2-3 hours now. Julie

Other thn having groceries bought up, laundry done, bedding changed at the last minute---those kind of things sounds like you are prepared!

Got plenty of clean, loose fitting items to wear? Maybe an appointment scheduled for a shampoo/blow out----for following, before you are able to shower and do it? Don't know how long your Dr. will have you limited. I have a friend who is a hairdresser, so we always took my Mom in for hers to be done following surgeries!! Makes you feel so much better!

Did your surgeon give you your Rx ahead of time to get filled and have on hand? Maybe make sure you have some crackers or something simple to eat when you take your pills so you don't upset your stomach.

Magazines or a couple of good sounding books on hand?

I was told to use a dining room chair next to the bed, to use to leverage up and down in the bed, back when I was banded-------what an amazing help!!!! Try it!

I cannot wait to begin prepping for this-I want it done already!!

Kat

Kat - thanks for the advice I wasn't even really thinking about getting the house ready. Well other then getting the laundry done up and the house cleaned. But I have a couple of daughters to do that stuff :) My oldest is coming home from college that weekend and then the younger is almost 18 so they will keep up with the house and suppers. The chair beside the bed is a good idea. I have a built in hairdresser, my youngest just passed her state boards yesterday, so she's my stylist.

I go 2 weeks from today - yay!

Boo I feel for you with the kids! But maybe they'll be little mommas and baby their momma :)

I go next Wed for my pre-op testing. Which is good, this weekend will fly by and then taking wed. off will make the whole week go faster.

JulieGeraci - April 21

StephC - May 1

TMarie - May 5

Boo Boo Kitty - May 6

TracyinKS - tba

Kat - MAY 20th------I got a date!!!!

I come soooooo close to having it done this coming Wed.!!!! But the only opening he had was an afternoon, and he only does FTT's in the morning, so there is plenty of recovery time....oh well!!! Then his next open date was May 6th, and that was too close to my TX trip he said. So I told him "fine then, as soon after the 19th as you can do it!" His scheduler said "the 20th!" I said "SOLD"!!

While manipulating/playing with my belly flab today he said he thinks he can make me really happy, except I am likely to have small puckers at each end of the incision. He said I have 2 opposite extremes. Lots of excess in the very front, and hanging (gross--YUCK) and then over to the hips----where I have nothing--------it is simply skin over bone...... So he said the transition might not be perfect----but he guaranteed me I will love it compared to now. I will be going to have a total unfill on the 13th---then going to Tx to meet my Shrinking Violet group, coming home on the 19th, and having surgery the 20th!!! One thing about it, my mind will be occupied!! LOL

I am SOOOOO excited!!!

Anyway--wanted to change me from a TBA to a date!!!

Kat

Boo I feel for you with the kids! But maybe they'll be little mommas and baby their momma :sad:

I go next Wed for my pre-op testing. Which is good, this weekend will fly by and then taking wed. off will make the whole week go faster.

I hope so Steph! :)

KAT!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tt1:

YAY KAT!!!! I'm so happy for you! It'll be here before you know it. My ps is the same way with the ftt in the morning only too. That was why I had to wait a little longer then I had wanted to. I guess its bc its a longer surgery and after thinking about it, I really would rather he be "fresh" for me. :)

Well I went out on a limb and told a friend at work that I was having a tt. Shes a member of the club and a real sweetheart, everytime she comes in she gets me to take a break and sit with her. She knew last fall that I had went in for my initial appt so I said just between you and me... and I'm sure she'll keep it that way. I told her I had told my "bosses" that it was female surgery and being the dumb men that they are they never bothered to ask what kind of female surgery. She said good they don't need to know.

I'm joining the group!!! am going for a consult for Tummy Tuck, breast lift and augmentation... not so bad, until i schedule for the "D" day.... Julie, how was it???

I am in my bathrobe ready to hit the surgical center in about 20 minutes. I feel really good this a.m. I took 2 Valium to help my nerves. Haven't peed much this a.m. which is the typical sign of nerves! I'll post again when I'm feeling up to it. My only fear at this point is just that my pain will be under control so wish me luck. Julie