Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All you people do is complain...

:biggrin::cursing:

Come back and talk to us once you go for a fill and go through the stress of getting stuck with a needle over 20 times before the needle finds it way into your port.

Um... k.

I would have much rather had the truth when I was getting ready to go into surgery instead of some sugar coated version by someone farting rainbows. I knew exactly what to expect, I knew that I could have X pain and Y discomfort and I was prepared. If no one ever complained about what went wrong, I definitely wouldn't have had a realistic expectation of what the surgery was going to be, and how freaked out would I have been when something hurt or didn't feel right? No thanks! I'll take the truth, even if it's not what I want to hear!

farting rainbows??? How come I never heard this before??? I LOVE this! It's my new catch phrase!

Thanks for sharing this!

And, I like reading the bitching. It helps to know that everyone else has bumps, too. If I were to read that everything was going great and that everyone experienced bliss and eternal happiness ever-after crap I'd PB!!

Life sucks *sometimes* and complaining helps to get it out there and show that you're not alone.

Lapband Talk is intended to be a support forum and this is why you will see the good, the bad, and the ugly on LBT. Band problems can and will arise for some people but they will not learn about these problems if they don't have a forum where they can talk about their symptoms and get a little feedback from the band community. This is why we are here. And there will always be newbies who will be asking those same old questions, but then we were all newbies once. Again, this is why we are here. Though you may see many posts as being largely negative in their content, I do not; there are people who run into problems, who have questions, or who just need some moral support from other banded folk.

For your information, I was banded when I was 57, and for me the entire experience was a walk in the park except for some Hair loss (but fortunately I have thick, coarse hair so even that wasn't too bad). I recovered from surgery quickly. I was one of the lower BMI folks and I met goal in under a year. Now even though I had a real easy time of it LBT sure helped me a lot. I learned a great deal from this site. And by spending my time here I kept myself away from the kitchen!

I guess my advice to the OP would be to take what is best for herself from this site and to enjoy her band journey should she opt for this tool in her fight for weight loss.

The OP has every right to voice her opinion as well. Not everyone has to agree, but have the respect not to completely crush her, as has been the case. As has been stated above, if you don't like it, then don't read it. Practice what you preach.

Oh Trixie...I beg to differ with you...yes, she has the right to post her opinion...but that's where you and I (and most everyone else) part ways in this line of thinking. We have EVERY right to crush her when her OP was designed to crush us bitching complainers! When attacked...I'm sorry...I'm just not inclined to roll over and take it up the butt! All in the name of "her rights".

If the post had been costructive...I would have gladly been constructive...but she received WAY more consideration of feelings than she gave to EVERY poster on this board.

guess i didnt scare anyone...i'm not sure if i should go to a corner and cry, or if i should start bitching and moaning

Now I'm kind of enjoying this thread. The responses are cracking me up and a good laugh burns calories!

P.S. mstrniceguy: Stop, you're scareing me!

Oh should I post, or should I just pass this by....the decisions, the decisions...

Oh wait, that's my right, I can post. I can write about anything that moves me because wait, now why? Oh yeah the Constitution says I can. Something about the freedom of speech. Crazy founding fathers what were they thinking?

Don't like it, don't read it. Very simple.

HAHAHAHA! Juli you're my hero lol

Ok, when I read this yesterday, I was NOT in a very good frame of mind, and I got ticked off, so I didn't let myself say what I wanted to say at the time. I'm in a better mood today, so I'll post now.

I've learned more about the reality of living with the band on THIS WEBSITE than my surgeon has ever told me. Don't get me wrong, I love my surgeon, but I've learned SO very much from reading about other people's experiences here.

I'm sorry that we don't candy-coat the truth, but if we did that, there would be a LOT of people out there with NO idea that this isn't the "easy way out". Sometimes, it's a bitch being banded, and that's just life. This is a place where we can come and be honest about what we're going through with others who have gone through the exact same thing.

Sorry if you perceive us as complainers, but when you're having a problem with something, and you aren't sure about what to do about it, or just want reassurance from someone who's been through it, I hope no one accuses you of being a whiner, and you get the support you need here.

Oh Trixie...I beg to differ with you...yes, she has the right to post her opinion...but that's where you and I (and most everyone else) part ways in this line of thinking. We have EVERY right to crush her when her OP was designed to crush us bitching complainers! When attacked...I'm sorry...I'm just not inclined to roll over and take it up the butt! All in the name of "her rights".

If the post had been costructive...I would have gladly been constructive...but she received WAY more consideration of feelings than she gave to EVERY poster on this board.

AMEN! I feel the same way! Say whatever you want here, but don't ever expect not to get flack if you upset someone! I don't think anyone is crushing her btw, definately calling her out on the carpet!

I HAVE ALWAYS POSTED WHATEVER I WANT, AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO.

If you don't like it, don't read it pretty damn simple.

I am sorry you feel like people complain here, maybe that is what you are drawn to, look around a bit more with your eyes open and you will see there are LOTS of great supportive posts. People come here for support, and sometimes people need to bitch to get, so what.

Wow, I am just now seeing this thread. As others have said, this is a "support" board. If everything was always sunshine and rainbows, then LBT wouldn't even need to exist. But, the reality of life is nothing is perfect. We all feel the need to communicate with others who are going through the same thing we are, who understand our feelings and can validate them. Whether we want to share our victories, get comforted when we are struggling, or learn from others knowledge and experience, LBT is the place to do this. I am glad Alex started this wonderful board so I went into the band fully Enlightened as to what may or may not happen, and so I can share my experience with others.

When attacked...I'm sorry...I'm just not inclined to roll over and take it up the butt! All in the name of "her rights".

It is one way to make friends though..lol...

SORRY I couldn't resist! :)