Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All you people do is complain...

We have so many dog lovers on here. I think we need a thread just for doggies and their pictures. Love them! Ok we could include kitties too.

i think there is one around here ... i know i've seen one.

I started a thread in the Lounge for doggie pics :sad_smile:)

Allison, I am sure you were heart broken when you lost Bogart. I do understand the small dog thing though. As I said above, our Tanker weighs about 100lbs. He lays on my husband every evening in the recliner. Head tucked under DH chin and butt hanging over the edge of the recliner. Both get so comfy they fall asleep and snore in unison.

LMAO! Apples2, you should post a picture of that!! How funny! We have a big yellow lab, Bo, and he's 100lbs, too. He was found to have severe hip displasia at 8 months old. We give him an Ecotrin 375mg and two glucosamine tablets every morning and every night. He's 4 years old now, and he does just fine most days. Sometimes you can tell his hips are bothering him, though, so he's our spoiled rotten baby boy.

LMAO! Apples2, you should post a picture of that!! How funny! We have a big yellow lab, Bo, and he's 100lbs, too. He was found to have severe hip displasia at 8 months old. We give him an Ecotrin 375mg and two glucosamine tablets every morning and every night. He's 4 years old now, and he does just fine most days. Sometimes you can tell his hips are bothering him, though, so he's our spoiled rotten baby boy.

Poor Bo. But, I can tell he has good parents that are taking care of him. I love dogs but labs are just heart-melting creatures. I will try to post a photo on the new thread for puppas. Never posted a pick b/4 so might be a challenge

BooBooKitty,

Ok, I've brought this up before in another thread but truth be told, that cute bull dog puppy is just a pic I found because I found it to be so cuuuute!!! My actual dogs are rescue dogs from Puerto Rico, Moxie a sato girl and Kiba a rescue boy from Hurricane Katrina, a rottie/shepherd mix. The sato looks more like a larger min pin. When I can get my husband to put their pics up I'll change my avatar. Because they are my babies and I love them even when they are rotten, but they are also very spoiled! Especially now that my daughters in 19 and 23 it's easier to baby the dogs! I'll have to search your dog breed on line. I'd love a bull dog but I really can't because these two are more than anyone can handle.

Second truth be told which I haven't told anyone, brandy is the name of my beagle that died a few years ago and she was my favorite dog ever except for the two I have now and she was my second dog so that's where "brandyII" comes from. I named her after that song from the 70s, that went something like "Brandy you're a fine girl what a good wife you would be". Anyway I always liked that song, plus the breeders called her family line Brandywine or something like. Okay tmi for you all, sorry. brandyII.

Sheesh! I had to google sato, because I didn't know what the heck breed of dog that was, LOL! I thought it was a new breed I'd never heard of...

Yeah, the big ones are the biggest babies, aren't they? We had a 150 lb rottie that was the biggest puss you'd ever meet. Such a SMART and sweet dog. We had to put him down when he was 10 years old due to prostate cancer. That was 10 years ago, and I still cry if I think too long about him.

You know, OP was clueless and tacless, that's for sure, but there is a lot of drama here. And I don't mean RnR drama, I mean "boo-hoo" drama. For example:

OMFG day 1 of pre-op and I'm STARVING and I don't know what to do!

Probably since you're fat and have been dieting less than 24 hours, and have ingested sustenance of some type today, you're not starving. If you really were, you'd probably be trying to eat your fingers because starvation hurts and we revert to core primal instincts in our reptilian brains to avoid it. So quit telling us you are, and more importantly -- quit telling yourself you are. It's going to be as bad as you let it.

OMFG give up rice? That's horrible!

Now to me, a building full of puppies and cash burning up completely with nothing intact is horrible, not your MAYBE innability to eat rice. And I bet that if you really took the time and put things into perspective, it wouldn't really be that horrible after all. Scary - sure. Intimidating - perhaps. But horrible? I dare say not at all. Now, is it really that horrible?

THis is the worst pain of my life what do I do?

Unless you're remarkably blessed with a pain-free life, this probably isn't the worst pain you've felt in your life. I've been through some pretty damn painful things, and when I rate them, my top 15 or so are waaaay beyond "I could get online and have enough rational thought left to post about it." So probably it's not the worst pain ever, since you're able to be here sharing it with us. And probably you should quit telling yourself it's the worst pain ever, because the more you say it the more you will believe it.

I don't think we do people much service when we validate irrational thoughts for them. And we all know there's a lot of people out there looking for those who will do just that. E.g. someone breaks up with their boyfriend, and wants to sit and cry about it for 3 weeks because life has no meaning. The worst thing you can do is say, "You're right" or "You have every right to cry" or "I would do the same thing". We say that to try and make the person feel better, but what are we really accomplishing? It's no different here. When a pre-op diet is horrible, and we say yes, it is -- I wonder how much of their drive to do it right we've just killed.

"Stinking thinking".

</rant>

I am 47 years old and only had a few pets in my life. I had Festus as kid----he was an old hound dog cross my Dad found out on the reservation---we had him the entire time I was growing up. From when I was 6ish til I was a Junior in high school. He was we figured about 13 years old. Then my Mom got herself 2 little toy poodles, but I was moving out of home by that time. I rescued a little dachsund--Bandit--just before I moved out--had him for the next 16 years. Finally had to have him put down when he had a stroke, and could not move his left side. Then I got Chelsea a few years later, she was a spaniel/dalmation cross. She was a rescue as well, one of the tons of dalmations that hit the ground when the movie was released the first time all those years ago. I had Chelsea for 17 years!!!! From a tee-tiny pup, til the very end and she was my dog! She was with me through several terrible times, she would put herself between me and my abusive EX. She took many a kick for me, and absorbed, and loved away many a tear. When she was young we were adopted by a cat. A mean tempered cantankerous kitten who only got worse with age!!! We named him Bailey and we loved him regardless! I had to have both of them put down within a short time of one another. Chelsea lost all kidney control, and eventually even control of walking on her hind legs. She hated her kennel, it meant time for the vet! She was not kennel trained!! It was not a good thing to her---but I knew the end was near so I brought it in, to have cleaned up, and she walked over and crawled in---she told me she was tired. I cried for days!

I have not got another yet.....we have been discussing it---which is a step that direction. But thinking I might wait til I am 80---then it can outlive me......losing them hurts sooo bad.

I get my fix through my kids!!! They have 7 among the 3 kids!!!!

DS has a English Bulldog, oldest DD has a pug, and a chihuahua. She had a lab, but her ex took it. Youngest DD has 3 chihuahuas, and a boxer. Youngest DD is part of a chihuahua rescue group, which is where all of them come from!!! I jhust go pet one of theirs when the urge to be covered in hair hits!!!!

Pet all your pooches for me!!!

Kat

i really miss having a basement - none in TX.

Me, too! I love basements and hate attics. I haven't been in mine since I bought the house two years ago, and then I only peeked.

You know, OP was clueless and tacless, that's for sure, but there is a lot of drama here. And I don't mean RnR drama, I mean "boo-hoo" drama. For example:

OMFG day 1 of pre-op and I'm STARVING and I don't know what to do!

Probably since you're fat and have been dieting less than 24 hours, and have ingested sustenance of some type today, you're not starving. If you really were, you'd probably be trying to eat your fingers because starvation hurts and we revert to core primal instincts in our reptilian brains to avoid it. So quit telling us you are, and more importantly -- quit telling yourself you are. It's going to be as bad as you let it.

OMFG give up rice? That's horrible!

Now to me, a building full of puppies and cash burning up completely with nothing intact is horrible, not your MAYBE innability to eat rice. And I bet that if you really took the time and put things into perspective, it wouldn't really be that horrible after all. Scary - sure. Intimidating - perhaps. But horrible? I dare say not at all. Now, is it really that horrible?

THis is the worst pain of my life what do I do?

Unless you're remarkably blessed with a pain-free life, this probably isn't the worst pain you've felt in your life. I've been through some pretty damn painful things, and when I rate them, my top 15 or so are waaaay beyond "I could get online and have enough rational thought left to post about it." So probably it's not the worst pain ever, since you're able to be here sharing it with us. And probably you should quit telling yourself it's the worst pain ever, because the more you say it the more you will believe it.

I don't think we do people much service when we validate irrational thoughts for them. And we all know there's a lot of people out there looking for those who will do just that. E.g. someone breaks up with their boyfriend, and wants to sit and cry about it for 3 weeks because life has no meaning. The worst thing you can do is say, "You're right" or "You have every right to cry" or "I would do the same thing". We say that to try and make the person feel better, but what are we really accomplishing? It's no different here. When a pre-op diet is horrible, and we say yes, it is -- I wonder how much of their drive to do it right we've just killed.

"Stinking thinking".

</rant>

I agree to a point. I think a lot of the drama is just that - drama. It's the lure of writing and drawing attention to their posts, because they're sitting on their butts and are unable to eat.

About sitting and crying for 3 weeks, I agree. We pacify people to tell them what they're feeling and thinking is okay. Who are we to say otherwise, right? But, there comes a point, you just want to slap people and ask, "How did YOUR genes survive?"

And, to expand on that, I must admit that I have to fight the urge to answer NO to questions like: Will I be okay? Am I bad? I'll be okay, right?, etc.

But, unfortunately, no would be too short of an answer and the fun would be lost.

I worked in a PCP office for over eight years. OMG, some of the people were such babies and called for an appt because they sneezed twice. We had one guy whose wife would call saying he had a cold, always waited until he got home from work ( like 3:30) and wanted to be seen that same aft. so he didn't have to miss work. He never sounded like he had a cold when he came in, no stuffiness, no cough nothing, EVERYTIME! "Hello, it's a cold. It will go away in a week, if you in fact even have anything wrong!"

I could go on and on. Then the opposite, people that were so sick and would say, "well, I hate to bother the Dr."

"No, you're sick and sound awful, please come in" these people usually had bronchitis.

I know people come on here to commiserate with people that have been through the same recent experience, but come on did they think there would be NO PAIN at all, after being cut open (even if the incisions are small). Can you not go a few weeks with less food? I thought these people had all tried every diet? then why can't you just say this is another diet for a few weeks.

We used to have so many patients at the office whine about going for bloodwork becasue they wouldn't be able to eat before!!! It's a few hours, not a few days.

And do people think that the band is a magic wand? I can't give up soda and blah, blah, blah. Soda? You'd rather be fat and have soda than be thin and drink Water or crystal light? Come on.

Rant over.