Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much fill do you have in your 10 cc band?

Hi well now I am up to 7.2 cc's since 3 days ago...very tight right now but we will see if maybe we have hit the sweet spot yet... I am now down 63 pds... Banded on Oct 11th... Still trying to figure out when teh sweet spot will come...

I have 8.7 cc's in my 10cc band. I was banded October 8, 2007. I keep fluctuating between 35 and 40 pounds lost. Had something like my 7th fill yesterday. Had either no restriction or too tight restriction. Still looking for my sweet spot.

Hi there, just curious to know how you're doing at 8.7cc because I have 8.5cc and still capable of eating lots of food, eg, normal size toasted sandwich with lots of filling, apples, etc. To be honest am not having problems with any food and now a little worried that there's something wrong with the band.

I'd like to hear from the October bandsters (or otherwise) who have a 10 cc band about how you are doing. I was banded in October with a 10cc band and just had my 3rd fill. I finally feel like I have some decent restriction and have gotten some of my hope back. I have a total of 5 cc fill. How is every body else doing?

I was banded Oct.02.07. I have a 10cc band,four fills total of 6cc,as of 06.15.08 have loss a little over 40lbs.I wish it would be more.

Hi there, just curious to know how you're doing at 8.7cc because I have 8.5cc and still capable of eating lots of food, eg, normal size toasted sandwich with lots of filling, apples, etc. To be honest am not having problems with any food and now a little worried that there's something wrong with the band.

Hi! :biggrin: Before I reached 8.7, I was pretty capable of eating just like you're describing at a similar fill level as yours. I had like 8.0 and was still able to shovel it in and I was scared because I have food issues. I had originally had 8.3 and was waaaay too tight. Unfilled down to 7.0 and felt completely wide open. Now I'm past 8.3 and it feels pretty good. I have to eat very slowly or things hurt going down. Every fill is different. 8.3 had me too tight once. Now 8.7 has me at a sweeter spot. Don't worry - there's nothing wrong with the band. As my fill doctor told me, I'm "skinny inside" which is why it takes more fill for me to feel tight enough. All the best to you.

Thanks Mrs Kimmie, that's great to know. I went to my support group meeting tonight and the nurse who runs them didn't seem too concerned but said they would do an xray at my next fill which is on Thusday just to be sure. She also said that some people just need another .1cc and they get there. It's just frustrating because I've been unrestricted for so long that it's a struggle to stay on top of the weight loss, despite my daily exercising.

I hope I'm skinny on the inside as well... nice to be skinny somewhere !! :P

I feel some restriction especialy in the morning time, and wen I dont chew long enought.I still haven't reached the r/spot. I think one more fill will do it?:tongue:

I was banded Oct.02.07. I have a 10cc band,four fills total of 6cc,as of 06.15.08 have loss a little over 40lbs.I wish it would be more.

Edited by BUG57

I was banded October 9 and had 4cc put in at my first post-op apt. after that about every 4 weeks I got 2cc. Still able to eat everything exept dry meat. Last apt they withdrew all they could get and it was only 7.5 but said there was still probably about 1.5 still in there. She added another .5 so not sure exactly how much is in there thinking about 9.1cc. I have never lost more that 8lbs at a time and I go back every 4 weeks. This last time I have lost about 5 I think. I feel restriction AFTER I have eaten too much. It isn't telling me when to stop and I so I eat more. There are times I get so upset cause the scales are not moving but then I have to think how far I have come instead of how far I have to go. I try different recipes to keep it interesting but a lot of them are really bad. Oh well guess I will keep on eating my turkey. Haven't really drank Protein Shakes cause I would rather eat my Protein than drink it. Don't know if I even have a sweet spot, at least haven't found it yet.

Well after going up to 7.2 I ate some french onion Soup and waited a week before calling my doctor telling him it was either too tight or something was stuck...sure enough cheese was stuck I think...anyway I am back down to 6.5 cc's..I was scared so I asked him to take some out...but I lost 7 pds this month so far... I am going back in another week to get a fill again..since he took some out I lost my good restriction so I think my sweet spot is around 7.5-8cc's to be able enjoy food and eat comfortably... How much weight have you lost total...if you are losing 4 pds a month..

I have lost 57 pounds so far. It just seems like it is coming off so slow. I know I didn't put it on over night and the slower it comes off the better chance I have of keeping it off but it is still hard. I go Wednesday for a fill and I am hoping it will cut the cravings down. I don't have a lot of will power, if I did I wouldn't have needed the band. I am very glad I have it. Only wish I would have done it sooner.

It's been slow going up until my last fill about a month ago, now at 6cc. Up until then I could eat quite a bit and had only lost 30lbs. Now I'm down 40 and feel like I'm at a good spot.

Well after going up to 7.2 I ate some french onion Soup and waited a week before calling my doctor telling him it was either too tight or something was stuck...sure enough cheese was stuck I think...anyway I am back down to 6.5 cc's..I was scared so I asked him to take some out...but I lost 7 pds this month so far... I am going back in another week to get a fill again..since he took some out I lost my good restriction so I think my sweet spot is around 7.5-8cc's to be able enjoy food and eat comfortably... How much weight have you lost total...if you are losing 4 pds a month..

Man, luv that french onion soup with lots of cheese!! I have 6cc in my band, I feel some restriction with certain food. I get my fills from Kathie Gongales in St. Petersburg, FL. In Oct. is my 1st anniversary

hoping to return to Tijuana to be checked by Dr. Lopez Corvala one

lasted time. Bug57

It's been slow going up until my last fill about a month ago, now at 6cc. Up until then I could eat quite a bit and had only lost 30lbs. Now I'm down 40 and feel like I'm at a good spot.

David B, I'm from Spring Hill FL.and I get my fills in St. petersburg.

Where do you get your fills?

Bug57

I have lost 57 pounds so far. It just seems like it is coming off so slow. I know I didn't put it on over night and the slower it comes off the better chance I have of keeping it off but it is still hard. I go Wednesday for a fill and I am hoping it will cut the cravings down. I don't have a lot of will power, if I did I wouldn't have needed the band. I am very glad I have it. Only wish I would have done it sooner.

Its been slowwww going for me too! But I'm still hopeful.

Bug57

WOW! I feel like a super-WIMP! I only have 2.0cc in my 10cc band. I tried 2.1 and I think it was just too much. I had really bad heartburn all the time and could hardly keep anything down. Yesterday had that 0.1cc removed and I feel great. I was able to eat a small, normal lunch today and haven't had any problems so far.

WOW! I feel like a super-WIMP! I only have 2.0cc in my 10cc band. I tried 2.1 and I think it was just too much. I had really bad heartburn all the time and could hardly keep anything down. Yesterday had that 0.1cc removed and I feel great. I was able to eat a small, normal lunch today and haven't had any problems so far.

WOW! congratulation with only 2cc in a 10cc LB. I have 6cc in my 10cc LB and feel only some restrication.I think your very luckly.

Bug57