Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much fill do you have in your 10 cc band?

I'd like to hear from the October bandsters (or otherwise) who have a 10 cc band about how you are doing. I was banded in October with a 10cc band and just had my 3rd fill. I finally feel like I have some decent restriction and have gotten some of my hope back. I have a total of 5 cc fill. How is every body else doing?

Banded 11Feb 08, won't see my Dr until 7 April. Lost 41 lbs. Other than seeing my Dr and asking him, can you find out the size (cc) my band is? My Dr was Chris Eagon Barnes Hosp St. Louis Mo. I have read some people have 4, 8 10 cc bands. I don't think my band has anything in it now.

I was banded the end of Oct and have a 10cc band. My 3rd fill on March 24th put me up to 6.5ccs and I feel good restriction. How long that will last - who knows.

Just had my third fill last Friday the 21st. I now have 8cc's in my band. My first fill was 4 then 2.4 then 1.6. I had good restriction with each fill then after losing 20 pounds or so I would need another. I had lost 60 lbs when I got this third fill. Hope I am good for at least another twenty. You would think by now I would be reprogrammed to just eat less. I am doing ok with food choices but just have absolutely no control on portions without the band being tight. I hope maybe I will have aquired enough muscle mass here soon to be able to burn off more than I eat without having to be so restricted. I really hate having to eat the same (easy to swallow) foods all the time. And MAN WHAT I would not give to be able to eat just ONE cheeseburger, just one!:sneaky:

Banded 10-03-07, left 4cc's in. Just had my 4th (or 5th not sure) fill to 9cc's. I have had basically no restriction beyond 1 week so I am hoping this fill works and helps me control my eating. I'm getting my Portion Control down pretty good now, but the stress eating, especially at night, is what really does me in. Did ok when I did have some restriciton, was able to stop when I felt rsistance, but like I said restriction only lasted about a week. My Dr does the fills without fluero and has never missed the port. Yesterday (my last fill) she withdrew my Fluid so she could be sure how much I had, then refilled me. Here's hoping it works. :)

Hello, I was banded Oct. 22, 07 with a 10cc band. I have had um a bunch of fills and the doctor told me that I started off with 3 from the hospital. I am up to 6 as of this past Wed. He only gives me .5 at each visit. I am not eating much and I am feeling alot of restriction now. For Breakfast around 9:30 I had a yogurt and now for lunch I am trying to eat two tablespoons of tilapia which is not happening at all. I get alot of slimmy spit very often..what is it? I haven't lost much I started at 219 and I am at 207. I totally hate the band and feel I should have just gone with the gastric bypass.

alamess you probably need more fill. My doctor gave me a ton more than .5 per fill... I would have gone insane... I bet you will like it more once you have restriction

I was banded Oct 12th....I have lost about 47pds...I have had 3 fills and am at 4.0 I get .05 cc's every time... I get amazed to see bandsters with 8.0 and 9 cc's in a 10cc band...wow

My fills are only 0.5 each time and I feel restriction for about a week. I lose about 4 lbs and then nothing til my next fill. Its very frustrating.

It sounds like you are just getting to the edge of the restriction. I have had to get a fill about every 20 pounds I lose, but im getting a lot more fill each time... maybe your doctor could give you a more vigorous fill. Does your doctor use flouro or do they just go off of what you tell them?

My doctor goes off how much I say I eat and how long it takes me to get hungry again after eating.

dustout, I am generally satisfied for 3-4 hours which is pretty good since I use to eat about every 1 1/2 hours before lap band. How long are you staying satisfied before getting hungry again?

trapped inside, The most I've had with the band was about 5 hours. But for the most time I'm usually around 4.

Right now I'm only about 2 hours of satisfaction. I need a fill horribly band but my doctor is booked up for TWO more weeks. It's awful. So hungry right now. I've always gotten in the moment I needed a fill, but not this time. I guess everyone is needing fills lately... Its been too long between fills and too much weight lost. I can't believe I just said too much weight lost! haha! I'd say that I _LOVE_ the band, but hate got to the doctor for getting fills... but I need them.

I've also heard that as you lose more weight you start needing fills less and less since there's only so much fat around the upper stomach, so maybe things will get better for you there too. Do you have the A.P. (advanced performance) lapband? That's what I have...

Edited by dustout

dustout, never heard of the advanced performance band. My doctor told me I could come back in six weeks for another fill but she's booked out for 8weeks. Grrr. Good luck!

Hiya. I was banded in Belgium on 8th oct 07 with a 10cc band, No Fluid put in at time of surgery. I had my 4th fill about 9days ago and had restriction yesterday for the first time, but its going away again now. I have lost a total of 10lb since oct and I am getting really really fed up with this waiting.