Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

Jason, put the soda in the fridge (not the freezer) and let it get really cold and then mix it with some juice and it won't taste so bad, cause it is awful. It makes for a fairly unpleasant afternoon, but I was so excited it went by pretty fast.

Stock up on sugar free frozen popsicles and Jello, they went down much better then broth (still can't stand the thought of it).

thanks di4au! i got some sugar free popsicles but not jello. i will get some. on the jello can i eat it in solid state our liquid?

Dr. Miles is doing my surgery. I got my date faster because of hubby leaving. Also, I got everything done while I was doing my 6 month diet. I can't wait till the 8... What do I need to stock up on? Any ideas would be great.... Thanks so much you guys...

Also, what is the best kind of juice to get to go with that nasty stuff. I have been hearing you guys talk about different stuff so I was just wandering what is the best?

thanks di4au! i got some sugar free popsicles but not Jello. i will get some. on the jello can i eat it in solid state our liquid?

Jello is fine, anything that melts as soon as you put it in your mouth is fine, like popsicles too. And those things count toward your liquids.< /p>

Also, what is the best kind of juice to get to go with that nasty stuff. I have been hearing you guys talk about different stuff so I was just wandering what is the best?

I bought every kind of sugar free juice I could find, not only for that, but for after surgery as well. Just make sure it's diet or sugar free and NOT citrus.

Dr. Miles is doing my surgery. I got my date faster because of hubby leaving. Also, I got everything done while I was doing my 6 month diet. I can't wait till the 8... What do I need to stock up on? Any ideas would be great.... Thanks so much you guys...

That is awesome! I pray everything goes well for you. I'm on day 4 of my 14 days with the CPAP. So far so good, but does anyone have any advise on how I can keep the nose mask from bruising my face? I have it as loose as I can get it but I still hurt up by my eye.

That is awesome! I pray everything goes well for you. I'm on day 4 of my 14 days with the CPAP. So far so good, but does anyone have any advise on how I can keep the nose mask from bruising my face? I have it as loose as I can get it but I still hurt up by my eye.

it sounds like you need a different mask. i tried 3 mask before i got the one that fits right. the place where you got yours should have done the same. my sister runs a office where i get my sleep apna stuff at. so i get the best there is. and what bc/bs dosent pay they eat it. so im in good shape there. but im hoping to stop using it in the future, cause i hate it.

by the way i tried out tea with splenda this morning not bad at all. and wife likes it to. and im drinking some chicken broth mixed with the broth from chicken noodle Soup. i figured it will go farther if i mixed the two togather, and its not bad. well i got alittle under 4 hours until i have to take the fleet. so im going to run to Walmart and get a few things i forgot to get. like gas-x and so on. i will check in later.:rolleyes:

Oh Jason! Good luck with the fleet. I think I am going to check into a different mask. I look like I have been in a fight when I wake up in the mornings! We will be praying for you ~ good luck~!!

thanks nmydash and alabamagirl!

well i took the fleet like they told me to. 3 tbsp. and i mixed it with some cranberry juice (nsa) like di told me to do. and it was still nasty. im sorry for anyone that has to drink that stuff. i hate to see what it taste like with out the juice. but i will have to say it hasnt been that bad since i took it. but it is working.

i have been trying to drink all that i can also. so far i have drunk 3 16oz glasses of tea with splenda,24oz of broth and chicken noodle Soup broth togather, and about 3 20oz bottles of Water. oh and one popsiclie (nsa) fat free. trying to decide if i want some chicken noodle soup broth our some Jello for dinner. lol

yes alabamagirl go and try some more mask. that might help.

and i got my surgery time. i got to be there at 9am. i wish it was earlier, but i will take it. just means it will be late when i get home. at least i get to take my son to school and my daughter to my moms before i go.

thanks nmydash and alabamagirl!

well i took the fleet like they told me to. 3 tbsp. and i mixed it with some cranberry juice (nsa) like di told me to do. and it was still nasty. im sorry for anyone that has to drink that stuff. i hate to see what it taste like with out the juice. but i will have to say it hasnt been that bad since i took it. but it is working.

i have been trying to drink all that i can also. so far i have drunk 3 16oz glasses of tea with splenda,24oz of broth and chicken noodle Soup broth togather, and about 3 20oz bottles of Water. oh and one popsiclie (nsa) fat free. trying to decide if i want some chicken noodle soup broth our some Jello for dinner. lol

yes alabamagirl go and try some more mask. that might help.

and i got my surgery time. i got to be there at 9am. i wish it was earlier, but i will take it. just means it will be late when i get home. at least i get to take my son to school and my daughter to my moms before i go.

You've probably left home by now, but I'll have you on my mind today, Jason. Let us know how you're doing when you feel up to it. I'll go say my prayers now!

Awesome Jason! Please post and keep us up to date when you get home. I'm excited to see how you do! We will keep you in our prayers! And thank you for the advise!

I hope everything went well Jason. I was praying for you.

Praise the Lord, thank you Jesus-I have a Date!!!!!! Its October 7th. I am-I am very elated!

I hope everything went well Jason. I was praying for you.

Praise the Lord, thank you Jesus-I have a Date!!!!!! Its October 7th. I am-I am very elated!

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! Congrats! That is not too far away either! You better keep us posted!!!:thumbup: