Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

Thanks for posting pictures of trike. Interesting! How expensive is it, if you don't mind my asking?

This specific model about $900-1100 depending on where you got it BUT I got mine used for $600 so its in perfect shape and I am very pleased with it!!

Hey Jason that would be AWESOME we have a trail just down the road that goes to GA!!! We've been riding thru the neighborhood like everyday since I got it...zach needs a bigger bike though. hes riding my old one.

Here's some pics if I can get them to attach!

i will have to pick up one more bike. but us 4 can go for a ride. i see when kims ready and get back to you.

Time to post everything that has gone one for the last couple of weeks. I posted a little about it a couple of weeks ago but pulled it cause i didn't want to scare anyone. I've had 4 fills before today and with the first three there was no restriction. I was thinking it was possible that I had a leak and Lisa was worried about it too. Last Thursday, they filled the band up and was unable to pull any of the Fluid back out. They haven't been able to pull any of the fluid back out during any of my fills. In fact, they had a hard time getting the first one in. I had tight restriction when they filled the band up so then i knew it wasn't leaking. Last Thursday I was able to get liquids down but that was all and had a trip planned for the weekend so Dr. Miles put me on a liquid diet until today. I went into surgery this morning and he started at the port sight to see if there was a leak. He got in there and found near the port that I had scar tissue collapsing the tubing. He cut it out and took the fluid out of my band(10cc) and put 8 back in. Everything is working as it should now :( I'm taking the rest of the week off and I'm only having to take Tylenol for the pain right now. I'll probably be pretty sore tomorrow but that's ok...i have peace of mind now. I want to thank all you guys on this board. I don't know what I would do without you. And a special thanks to Shawna for letting me bend her ear and the support she's given me through this whole ordeal. I'm glad I went through Dr. Miles and his staff to get this done. They have been good to me through this whole process. Veronica is the best!

Debbut i hate that you had to go thru that but thankfully it was just scar tissue and they were able to fix it without you losing the band...Best of luck to you for a full and fast recovery!!!

Hey everyone, I haven't posted in a long while since like July sometime but I need to find the time to catch up with everyone. I haven't had the need to get a fill or anything in 2 months as I still have restriction. I have still only lost 73 pounds, wishing it was more but I have lost 4x to 2x since surgery and some of my 2x is getting big so that makes me happy. Anyway I have been so busy with work, kids, boy scouts and etc.... hopefully I can get back on the wagon soon.

This is answered prayer. I didn't know you but I have been praying that everything would go well for you. Thank goodness for a good team. Shawna is my angel too. When I am worried I can ask her anything and she always has a cheerful helpful answer. My anxiety about everything is so much better now since I went to support group. I am doing fine on my journey and hope it continues. Everyone is so helpful and I appreciate that so much.

I am so happy that you are back on track!

Edited by LollyMoe
added a word

Hey Everyone: Today is weigh day for me and I'm down 30.4 pounds in seven weeks! I've never lost this much weight in such a short period of time. I joined the YMCA yesterday and plan to take some of the Water exercise classes and maybe work on some of the machines. My orthopedic physician won't let me on a treadmill but there are others I can use. I am a happy camper today!!!

I have a good simple recipe that one of my church ladies gave me and it's delicious. You might like to try it.

Microwave Quick Chicken:

Put a whole chicken in a pyrex dish, sprinkle lemon pepper on it. Add paparika all over chicken and cover dish with Saran Wrap. Make sure it's tight. Microwave it for 30 minutes. Very tender and moist.

Tonight I am going to try this with just chicken breasts. Don't see why it wouldn't work both ways. Let me know if you try it.

Edited by LollyMoe
add a word

its good to see everyones doing good and debut i have been praying for you and am glad everything is ok now

Everyone is doing so well!! Keep up the great work everyone!!!!

lollymoe what ymca did u join

Busdriver: I joined the Gadsden one-$46 a month for a senior couple. I am going to try to go at least twice a week in the beginning. Maybe more as my legs improve. I will never be a exercise nut!

1) My legs have flared up again with cellulitis, gosh darn it. That means Kelflex and legs up high. No exercise right now. I guess I'll be seeing my PCP on Monday. This always happen on late friday evening! Thank goodness I've got some meds here right now.

2) I got my first fill on 9/23 (4cc) and for a week I felt restriction but now I could eat the dog...if I had one. I am trying very hard to maintain so that I don't go off the deep end with food. However, it's hard between lunch & supper. I have been eating a peeled apple around 3 pm as Ashley said but I could eat three apples if I wanted. I don't know what to do exactly....just hang tough I guess until I go back for a fill on the 21st.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Edited by LollyMoe
added a word

1) My legs have flared up again with cellulitis, gosh darn it. That means Kelflex and legs up high. No exercise right now. I guess I'll be seeing my PCP on Monday. This always happen on late friday evening! Thank goodness I've got some meds here right now.

2) I got my first fill on 9/23 (4cc) and for a week I felt restriction but now I could eat the dog...if I had one. I am trying very hard to maintain so that I don't go off the deep end with food. However, it's hard between lunch & supper. I have been eating a peeled apple around 3 pm as Ashley said but I could eat three apples if I wanted. I don't know what to do exactly....just hang tough I guess until I go back for a fill on the 21st.

Anyone got any suggestions?

I hate that you have cellulitis. Good thing you've got antibiotics on hand to go ahead and start. You must get that from time to time but hopefully this weight loss will help improve blood flow to those legs and you'll quit getting this so frequently!

As for having awesome restriction and then NONE...I think we've all been there unfortunately. This is the part where you have to remember that the band it just the tool and its not going to take care of everything...so pull out some willpower...YOU CAn do it!!!!! Focus on things that are better for you when you are putting extra food in your mouth....something called Negative foods. Negative foods are foods that have very little calories in them but takes your body a lot more calories to burn them.....like brocoli do a google search and you'll be able to find a list. Good luck!!! You'll get thru this and hey call the doc if you need a fill sooner!

Thanks Kaninag. You're right about the legs. I am looking forward to more exercise and less cellulitis. I have been having problems with them off & on for about a year now. My PCP says when I've lost between 45-50 pounds, he would like for me to start walking some each day but in the meantime, I'm going to the YMCA to do Water aerobatics. I have some other problems with my legs too. Some days they won't hold me up. They will buckle for no reason. We aren't sure why...maybe just the weight.

As for the food problem. I'm not eating anything that I can't have normally. It's just that I want more than I should have in one serving. I'm using a small plate, a small fork, eating mostly grilled chicken or fish, with a approved veggie. I've yet to have anything that isn't good for me and I truly don't want it. It's just I'm getting hungry too soon after eating. About every two hours. I can't figure out if it's "head hunger" or true hunger.

Today, I plan to go back and pick up some Matrix shakes. They seem to hold me longer than food does.

I do appreciate your quick response. When I posted last night right before going to bed, I knew someone would have a message for me this morning. Thanks again.

Edited by LollyMoe
added words

Have you tried the famous Peanut Butter shake? It is awesome.