Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

alabamagirl, glad your up and and around. just take it easy, not everyone can go tot Walmart the next day like i did. lol

just make sure you take care of yourself util you get better. and take the pain relief liquid. its there to help you out, i took it some.

i been not feeling to good today. i feel almost to tight. when i drink it hurts some then it goes away. so im not sure whats going on.if it stays this way sunday i will call the doc monday.

on another note if my scales are correct my birthday suite weight is now 358. which is great. since when i started it was 400. i cant wait until the next support group meeting for i can use that scale.< /p>

went to my grqandmothers today and everyone there was like wow how much have you lost. you look great. i was happy. well im going to go for now. i think i might go tot the gym and lift some Iron.< /p>

i been not feeling to good today. i feel almost to tight. when i drink it hurts some then it goes away. so im not sure whats going on.if it stays this way sunday i will call the doc monday.

Sounds like your fill kicked in! CHEW CHEW CHEW :biggrin::cool2::biggrin:

Hope you feel better. Still seein ya today?!

Sounds like your fill kicked in! CHEW CHEW CHEW :biggrin::cool2::biggrin:

Hope you feel better. Still seein ya today?!

i was told by a few people that it sometimes takes a week are so for it to kick in. so im guessing thats what it is.

and trust me i been chewing until its almost liquid.:biggrin:

and yea we will see you guys today. kim called into work so shes going also. got to go wash the truck now, its very dirty.

I tell you what Jason, Friday was my best day so far. I know I have had to have walked at least 3 miles. We took our girls to the churches Fall Festival and we have a HUGE parking lot, so we walked that whole thing about 4 times! Needless to say, I was VERY sore! I weighted myself this morning on my scales and if they are correct, I'm down 15 lbs. already. I started at 247 and as of today i'm 232. We will see tomorrow though, that is when I get my staples out and boy am I ready! I feel really good this morning, so I am going to try and help the hubby with some housework. Oh don't worry, I have been taking the pain meds, but only when I think I really have needed them. I will talk to you guys here in a bit!

Hugs!

April

JASON- I hope that youre not getting discouraged. Seeing you get sick today made me worry! DONT WORRY it will get better. Just a month or so ago everytime I would eat I would throw up and I was to the point to where I wanted this thing out but you learn over time what you can and cant eat!! Keep your head up you and Kim both LOOK GREAT!!

Hi everyone, just checking in with my fellow Alabamians...I'm glad everyone is doing ok. Jason I'm sorry you're having problems with your fill, I go for mine on Wensday so I'm a little nervous...I remember all too well how I felt after first being banded and I hope I won't feel that way after this fill...I really need this fill though, so I can be a little uncomfortable if it means that I will feel some restriction. I have been able to eat anything, bread has been problem but I am still able to eat it...Despite being able to eat like before I have still kept off the 23 pounds I lost on liquids and have lost a couple more for a total of 26. I'm excited about that but don't really feel like I have lost any...I imagine that one day I will look at the scale and it will all be back...:blush:

Is anyone else going in Wensday?

alabamagirl, glad ou are doing great. dont worry about the staples they will be out before you know it. doesnt hurt at all. looking forward to seeing you at the post band support group meetings now.

kaninag, yes its sucked last night. not sure what it was that got stuck but it finally was over about 8 pm. i had to stop one time on the way to get the kids and throw up again. that was the worst one i have ever had. and the first time i threw up salvia. i didnt eat anything until this morning and it went down fine. and dont worry im not going to give up, i got to much riding on this band and im going to make it work. and thanks for thinking about me.

me and kim both had a great time sunday and she said we need to come up and hang out one night with you two. and i think a xmas party would be fun. need to set a date and work on it. you look great sunday also. i can tell you have lost alot. keep up the work and zachs going to have to watch out. lol

and zachs new car is nice. i really like it.

snowflake, yes my first fill wasnt that great at all. but it get better with time. it look like you are doing good yourself. keep up the good work and i hope your fill goes good for you. let us know how it goes.

Hey everyone,

I've been lurking around for awhile and I have a question that maybe someone can answer. I went to my PCP yesterday (2nd visit -6 month weight loss) and he was telling me that another patient came in and had him write a letter that documented his weight for the past three years and he didn't have to do the 6 month supervised diet. The insurance he had was Blue Cross Blue Shield but it's different from mine. I have PEEHIP. He also goes to Dr. Miles or Schmidt. My first visit to Dr. Miles is Nov. 18. Just wondering if anyone has heard if there have been changes in the requirements.

Anyone close to Cleveland?

Deb

Hey everyone,

I've been lurking around for awhile and I have a question that maybe someone can answer. I went to my PCP yesterday (2nd visit -6 month weight loss) and he was telling me that another patient came in and had him write a letter that documented his weight for the past three years and he didn't have to do the 6 month supervised diet. The insurance he had was Blue Cross Blue Shield but it's different from mine. I have PEEHIP. He also goes to Dr. Miles or Schmidt. My first visit to Dr. Miles is Nov. 18. Just wondering if anyone has heard if there have been changes in the requirements.

Deb

im not sure how that would workout. but with me i had to do both. i had to do the 6 month weight program and show 3 years of my weight. and i have bc/bs of alabama.

you can call bc/bs and they will let you know if they been any changes to it. the number is on the back of your card.

sorry if this didnt help you out.

jason r

Hey everyone,

Deb

I have heard of ppl doing this. The ppl that I know that were able to do this had federal bcbs...that may be why. MOST insurance companies require the whole diet, weight documents, etc. It really just depends on the individual insurance company and if you call they can tell you everything. Or if you search around their website you can find written policies on wt loss surgery. Sometimes what they tell you over the phone is different. Good luck to ya!!

Hey everyone,

Deb

I was like Jason, I had to submit the 3 year print out along with the 6 month diet supervision. It all depends on what coverage BCBS offers you (your plan) as to what they want. It's a process...that's for sure! Good Luck!! :biggrin:

Thanks for the replies. I'll check with the insurance company. I don't mind the 6 month supervised diet--what's 6 more months? Just thought I'd ask and see if anyone else had heard anything.

Deb

Hi everyone, I did go for my first fill today, It was a good experience. My appt was at 2:15 but I got there at a few mins till 2 and I was out by 2:30. Lisa did my fill and it was a pretty weird feeling :smile2:...lol. She had a little bit of a hard time getting the needle in the right place but besides that it went well. I'm definately going to be bruised tommorrow. She gave me 4 cc's in my 9 cc band and I was a little suprised but happy since I have had no restriction. So I guess now I really feel like I have a band...lol :tongue2: Any words of advice for a first fill?

Hi everyone, I did go for my first fill today, It was a good experience. My appt was at 2:15 but I got there at a few mins till 2 and I was out by 2:30. Lisa did my fill and it was a pretty weird feeling :tongue2:...lol. She had a little bit of a hard time getting the needle in the right place but besides that it went well. I'm definately going to be bruised tommorrow. She gave me 4 cc's in my 9 cc band and I was a little suprised but happy since I have had no restriction. So I guess now I really feel like I have a band...lol :wink5: Any words of advice for a first fill?

WOW, 4cc in the first fill...pretty aggressive. But hopefully for you that means having to go back less for fills!!

My advice is to remember to go SLOW-your fill may not kick in right away but when it does take it easy! Everyone is different and you have to find what works for you. I was telling someone the other day that I sometimes when I start eating sometimes I have problems but if I wait about 10-15 min then I can eat no probs.....strange. So its like if we go somewhere I'll take a couple of bites take the rest and eat it when we get home....but anyhow I would def avoid breads and pastas until you heal from this fill!

GOOD LUCK TO YA!!!!:smile2: