Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recipes - Violet Style!

Here is a recipe I got today from my lapband doctor's office. I haven't tried it, but it sure sounds good.

Turkey-Broccoli salad with Grapes

1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar

2 T. olive oil

2 tsp. sugar

1 12 -oz. package shredded broccoli (broccoli slaw mix)

1 pound cooked turkey breast shredded

1 1/2 cups seedless red grapes, halved

1 cup coarsely shredded carrot

1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted

1. For vinaigrette: In a screw-top jar, combine vinegar, oil, sugar, and 1/8 tsp. salt. Cover and shake well. Set aside

2. In a very large bowl, combine shredded broccoli, turkey, grapes and carrot. Add dressing: toss to coat. Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 24 hours. Sprinkle with almonds and 1/8 tsp. black pepper just before serving.

That DOES sound good! I love that broccoli slaw.

thanks for the artichoke parmesean chicken recipe. I have already cooked it twice.

I did add half a cup off those fried onions that come in the can for the last 5 minutes of the bake time.

BLUEBERRY BUCKLE (like a blueberry coffee cake)

1/3 c. butter

1 c. sugar

1 egg

2 c. flour

2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 cup milk

2 cups blueberries

Cream butter and sugar..add egg

combine flour, baking powder and salt

add flour mixture to butter/sugar mixture, alternately with milk. Fold in the 2 cups of blueberries.

Topping:

1/2 cup sugar

1/3 cup flour

1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Mix the 3 well and then add 1/4 cup butter and work until crumbly.

Sprinkle topping on mixture and bake in a greased 9" square pan or 11" x 7" oblong pan

375 degrees for 45-50 minutes

Baked chicken Fajitas Recipe

This is easy and healthy.

35 min | 15 min prep

SERVES 6 , 12 fajitas

This is very family friendly as well and healthy for all bansters. I just do not eat the tortillas!

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips

1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained

1 medium onion, cut into thin strips

1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips

1 medium red pepper, cut into thin strips

2 tablespoons canola oil

2 teaspoons chili powder

2 teaspoons ground cumin

1/4 teaspoon salt

12 flour tortillas, warm

In a 13x9x2-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray, combine the chicken, tomatoes, onion and peppers.

Combine the oil, chili powder, cumin and salt. Drizzle over chicken mixture, toss to coat.

Bake, uncovered, at 400°F for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.

Spoon onto tortillas; fold in sides.

Sounds wonderful, Nikki! Thanks!

Nikki

That sounds good, I bet that would be good cooked in a pan on the grill too.

Hey did ya all know if it goes in the oven you can cook it on the grill? I never turn my oven on in the summer.

OK... Here you go Terry

Zuccini Pancakes

1 Large Zuccini (about 4 cups shredded)

2 eggs or 1 container egg beater

1/4 cup flour

salt and pepper

Grate zuccini, it is very wet and best if you get most Water out, I put in a strainer with a pot of water on top to push water out. After 10 mins, i put paper towels under the pot to get water off the top layers, let set another 5-10 mins and should be ready to go.

Add egg, salt and pepper, and flour. Mix it all up. It should look like it is all coated but will not clump like cookie dough. (that is what I expected when i made it first time)

Heat frying pan on MED, you can either use oil of any kind or butter, (best with butter) once that is hot, spoon mixture into pan, about the size of smaller pancakes and make sure it is not too thick, flatten with spoon.

They are done when they are brown, they do take a while to cook and the first batch seems to take forever while the pan seasons or something, not sure why.

You almost can't over cook them, unless you turn up too high and burn the outside.

My gram taught us to love them with a little sour cream on them.

You can also do the same thing with grated potatos. More people have hear of Potato Pancakes

Cream of chicken Gnocchi Soup

3 T butter or margarine

1 pound chicken tenders, cubed

2 T flour

2 stalks celery, diced small

4 tsp. chicken base mixed into 4 cups water

16 oz. dry gnocchi dumplings

1 sprig fresh thyme or 1 tsp. dried

1 bay leaf

1 tsp. onion powder

1 T parsley flakes

3/4 cup heavy cream (can use half and half)

salt and pepper to taste

1. Heat the butter in pressure cooker on high or "brown" until melted.

2. Coat chicken thigh cubes with flour on all sides before adding them and the celery to the cooker, sauteing for 2-3 minutes until chicken is lightly browned.

3. Cover with remaining ingredients, except for heavy cream.

4. Securely lock on the pressure cooker's lid, set the cooker to high and cook for 6 minutes.

5. Perform a quick release to release the cooker's pressure. Safely remove lid and slowly stir in the heavy cream. Salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.

For firmer, more pasta-like gnocchi, add them with the heavy cream after the pressure cooking process. Switch the cooker to high or "brown" with lid off and boil for 3-4 minuts until gnocchi begin to float. (I use fresh gnocchi and put it in last.)

This is my go to Soup for chilly Fall days..

Brown 2# lean ground beef... drain fat.

Add 1 box 26 oz. beef stock

1 large can Tomato Soup plus 1 large can water

2 T. brown sugar

Add any veggies you want. To be really easy, I add a large can of Veg-all., but you can add potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, whatever you want.

I also add 1/2 head cabbage chopped

Salt and pepper to taste

Throw in assorted herbs and spices

I put in:

1/4 cup dried parsley

1 tsp. basil

1 tsp. margoram

1/4 cup dried onion flakes

1 tsp. bay leaf

I just go by whatever smells good.. lol

I put this to boil and then reduce to simmer for about an hour. I'm sure you could do the same in the crockpot on low.

I don't know who originally posted this... Terri?... but it's "mmmmmmammy" good! :tongue2:

I took the time to calculate the nutritional value on dailyplate.com and it amounts to 200 calories per 2 cup serving...and 22g Protein, 3g of fat and 19g carbohydrate and 4g of fiber! And what a great way to get a wide variety of veggies and micronutrients! Getting enuf veggies is always my challenge. I eat salads but need more variety.

I'll post my recipe just in case anyone wants it.

CROCK POT VEGGIE BEEF Soup

1.5 # lean stew meat

1 qt (32 oz) beef broth (I used Swanson's)

1 sm can organic Tomato sauce

3 cloves garlic - chopped

seasoned garlic salt to taste(I use Garlic Dude Dust)

black pepper to taste

1 can chopped tomatoes (I use Rotel 'cause we like it spicy)

1 zucchini cut into bite size pieces

1 yellow squash cut into pieces

1 crown broccoli cut into pieces

1/3 crown cauliflower cut into pieces

1 can Green Giant niblets corn

1 small bag baby carrots

1 sweet onion, chopped

I trim the stew meat of all visible fat and gristle. If I have time I brown it in oil..otherwise I just throw it in the pot.

I just mix all this stuff together in a 4-5 qt. crock pot and cook on low all day (10 hours). I think you can get the same result by cooking on high for 4-5 hours.

These are for Cookies called--

OVERNIGHT MACAROONS

4 cups oats

2 cups brown sugar

1-cup oil

2 eggs

1 tsp salt

1 tsp almond extract

Combine rolled oats, brown sugar, and oil in large mixing bowl, mix well. Cover and let stand overnight.

In the morning blend eggs, salt and extract into oat mixture. Let stand 5 minutes.

Drop batter from teaspoon 2” apart onto baking sheet. Bake in slow oven at 325 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool then remove.

Don't know why they are called 'macaroons'?

Also, they don't look like average cookie dough, I have a small cookie scoop that I use, and put some in it, then put it on the sheet, but make sure that you leave enough room because they spread alot!! Also, wait til they are coolish before taking off cookie sheet.

We had this tonight and it is sooooooooo good!! And only 113 calories per serving!

Spinach cheese Souffle

This is a beautiful way to eat your veggies and still satisfy the need for protein!

I've added cooked, chopped turkey bacon to this also, and any variety of cheese I happen to have on hand. For a brunch, lunch, or light dinner it's perfect served with a fresh fruit salad and whole wheat English muffins for the family.

Vegetable cooking spray

2 tablespoons butter

1/2 cup minced onion

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 teaspoon Splenda

One 10 ounce pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry

6 eggs

1 1/2 cups cottage cheese

3/4 cup milk

1 tablespoon flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg

Pinch cayenne pepper

1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese

3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray and set aside.

In a frying pan over medium heat melt butter and saute the onion, garlic, and Splenda until golden and soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in spinach and heat through.

In a large bowl beat together the eggs, cottage cheese, milk, flour, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and cayenne. Stir in the onion-spinach mixture and the parmesan and cheddar cheeses. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until just set in the middle. Makes 8 servings.

Per Serving: Calories 113; Protein 11 g; Fat 6 g; Carbs 4; Sugar 1g; Sodium 303 mg

recipefooterlinda.jpg

Copyright © BE, Inc. 2008 - Susan Maria Leach. All rights reserved.

Spaghetti Squash Italian

There's a lot of ways to eat Spaghetti Squash that I like, but I kind of made this one up combining several recipes lately.. and it's my new fav, though I'd share. It's a combination of my granny's lasagna recipe (i love her cottage cheese part, but I don't like lasagna noodles, so I've always just eaten the cottage cheese out) and some normal recipes you find on the net for the squash.

-1 Spagh Squash

-Garlic Salt

-S&P

-EVOO

-1 onion

-2x cans of Tomato sauce

-8oz Cottage Cheese

-1 egg

-1/2c ground parmesian cheese

-oregeno, basil, parsley

-1/2lb of italian sausage meat or ground beef (could use 1lb, I just use 1/2lb to cut on calories)

----

-Cut squash in half, gut it, drizzle cut side with EVOO, sprinkle garlic salt & papper on it. Bake face-down on a foil lined baking sheet. About 1 hour @ 450 degrees.

-Let it cool then pull the strands out and put into a bowl

-Meanwhile brown meat & onion. Reduce heat and add tomato sauce, garlic salt, oregeno, basil and parsley to taste. Simmer 15m.

-Mix cottage cheese, egg, and paremisan cheese in a bowl.

-Mix the squash into the sauce on the stove until well incorperated.

-In lightly sprayed 8x11 baking dish, spread the tomato/squash mix onto the bottom, then layer top with the cottage cheese mix. (Optional: add sprinkled mozzerella to the top)

Baked 350 degrees for 30-45m until top is set.

NUM NUM NUM :wub: