Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The new exercise equipment....

Dave:

How's the trykke going? I'm gonna have to get my gall bladder out soon, but as soon as I'm done saving for that copay ($500) I'll start saving for trykke. Still hoping to get a trykke by June when the Cape Cod Canal is a great place to exercise. Wish me luck!

Sue

Dave:

How's the trykke going? I'm gonna have to get my gall bladder out soon, but as soon as I'm done saving for that copay ($500) I'll start saving for trykke. Still hoping to get a trykke by June when the Cape Cod Canal is a great place to exercise. Wish me luck!

Sue

Sue, Its going real good. I have been averaging 10 miles each time i take it out. And the nice part is it seems to be toning the areas I lost the most weight in. I still cant go up a big incline, but am learning the smaller ones pretty good. Good luck with the surgery and you will love the trikke when you get one....Dave

That look's amazing and scary! I'm not very good on a bike. I lived on one as a kid but as an adult not so good. :lol:

That look's amazing and scary! I'm not very good on a bike. I lived on one as a kid but as an adult not so good. :lol:

Its not as hard as it seems. And the exagerated leaning isnt necessary unless you are trying to break speed records...LOL

But, what a great way to get in your cardio, upper amd lower body all at one time

Dave:

Mine should be here on Thursday. I went with one of the competitors products and they don't have the air tires available right now. I'll order the air tires in May. So, keeping my fingers crossed for no "America's Funniest Video's" this upcoming weekend.

Thanks for letting me know about trykkes. I'll let you know how I make out if both of my arms aren't broken.

Sue

Dave:

I got my trikke today. Love, love, love it. Got a helmet, didn't dump it at all. It's kind of hard to get started, but I just kept pushing kind of like a scooter to get it started. Too funny, I'm 48 years old and I've never used a scooter, but there I was riding my trike! Exercised about a half an hour and worked up a pretty good sweat. I'm sure the kids in my neighborhood thought I was whacked. But two of them were following me asking all sorts of questions.

Thanks for recommending the trikke. I look forward to finding alot of cool places to ride it. Folds pretty good for putting in the trunk too.

Thanks again.

Sue

Let's see if I can attach the picture right. Please feel free to resize it if it doesn't.

This is the most fun I've had in a long time. In fact, it's so much fun I forget that it's exercise until I feel my aching muscles later. Don't forget to get a helmet before you try riding if you get one. No way could I have done this when I was 324 pounds. Love my band, love my trikke.

Thanks Dave for bringing it up on the site.

post-222983-13813136965093_thumb.jpg

WAY TO GO, SUE!! YOU ROCK!!! :rolleyes2:

I was so disappointed tho. :tongue2: I thought it was a trike, as in, 3-wheeled cycle! I want one of those. Don't trust myself on a 2-wheeler! :thumbup:

I live in the mountains so unless the Trikke comes with a motor that kicks in to go uphill, no way can I have one of these! The flattest thing around here is my gravel driveway! :scared2:

Sue - I LOVE the Pic.

Like Heartfire - I have a mile long driveway, but it's all gravel. The rest of our property is all terrain * though we have some quads, DH STILL won't let me get on anything w/2 wheels. I'm a klutz as of late.

Thanks for sharing!!!!

Heartfire & Luluc:

Unfortunately you need level ground to make it work, or downhill - oooohhhhh scary! I'm in New England, so there isn't alot of totally flat land here either. But I've been on the lookout and I think I know of a few places to try once I recover from gallbladder surgery. I can hardly wait.

I hope you both find an exercise that's as much fun as this.

Take care.

Sue

thats it, after seeing your picture I'm getting one.

I live in vancouver, bc and even with the rain, that would be so great here, I'll let you know how it goes.

donnabarney:

I should have mentioned that it cannot be used in the rain. You wouldn't be able to apply the brakes if the tires are wet. So, be careful. It's worth it to get just for the days without rain though.

Let me know how much you love it after you get yours.

Take care.

Sue

Edited by Sue Magoo
spelling error fixed

Sue, been gone for a while with work, but way to go. I got back yesterday and the first thing i did when I got home was jump on the Trikke for a quick ride. I have a blast, just like it seems you are too. And you are rught. It doesnt seem like exercise till your muscles start talking back to you.

Sue, a descent pair of gloves will help if you suffer from the death grip syndrome that most people start with. I think i had claw marks in the grips when I started:biggrin::):biggrin: