Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share your NSV's!!!!!!!!!!

i bought new shoes today because the other ones my feet were sliding around in. why did i have to lose it there first? lol:lol:

lost 19 pounds as of today!

Ok, this may sounds silly, but I have short legs, so have to have the carseat way up, and my belly always scraped the steering wheel, and now it doesn't!!!!!!!!!

I'm wearing a pair of size 24 jeans today that I haven't been able to wear in more than six months because they were too tight on my big ol' gut. My size 28 jeans are too baggy to wear anymore. I have some size 20 and size 18 jeans in a box -- I'm looking forward to putting those on again!

I'm wearing a pair of size 24 jeans today that I haven't been able to wear in more than six months because they were too tight on my big ol' gut. My size 28 jeans are too baggy to wear anymore. I have some size 20 and size 18 jeans in a box -- I'm looking forward to putting those on again!

Believe me, it won't be very long! Don't wait too long to keep trying those smaller sizes on - you will bypass a whole size if you do!! I was about a 22/24 just before surgery and I can fit some size 18's right now. Not the Wal-Mart 18 yet, but very close!

Congrats on all the size changes VV's!!

All of my clothes are falling off of me! I have one pair of pants that I just cannot wear anymore and all the others are really baggy but not falling down yet. Before surgery, I wore a pair of jeans that were size 30 :wink_smile: only one pair because I refused to buy that size ever again. Anyway, they are out of the question now.

Last week, I was trying to find a pair that would fit and tried some 26s. They were about 1-2 inches from buttoning. I threw them on the floor because I was in a hurry to get to work. DH must have picked them up and washed them. Today I put on jeans, thinking they were my size 28s that fit nicely, maybe even a little big, and they were tight. I was like, crap why are these tight. I finally looked and they are the 26s that wouldn't fit! LOL They are just a tad bit tight, but not unbearably so.

First NSV for clothes for me. I couldn't find a bra this morning, so I finally picked up that bra that never fit me even when I bought it, but I was going to lose weight so it would fit...I bought it two years ago. It fits! I never thought I could wear it, but it was so cool I wanted it anyway. TMI, but it's zebra striped with a long pink bow down the middle and lace trim around the edges. It isn't even tight around the strap. Last time I tried to wear it I couldn't get it snapped and that is with all my excess fluff draped around the edges completely covering the straps on the side. It isn't even tight on the sides now. It's on the second hook!!!!!!

Hey ready steady welcomeback to the world of wearing bras that don't always look like suspension bridges!!!!!

I too am finding that my bras are on the smallest settting, and will soon need some new ones HOW FUN Maybe i should try some polka dots or cheetah printLOL

You Go Girl

Amanda

My best NSV lately is that my 7 year old daughter can now hug me around my middle and her hands can clasp behind me. She likes showing people our new trick. I have two daughters and they are both thrilled for me.

I finally cleaned out my closet this past weekend. I got rid of all the size 26 jeans/pants. Gave them to charity. I can comfortably wear 24's and some are loose, and I can get in, with a little squeeze, size 22! Yipee! :lol:

New NSV for me!

First off -- nobody has commented on my weight loss. Granted, I saw my parents a month ago and I had only lost maybe 15 lbs then. So I figured that either it wasn't noticeable, they're not paying attention or they didn't want to say anything because I've lost weight before and put it all back on plus more. I saw my brothers last week; no comment there either but OK, they're my brothers.

My co-workers, well, I see them every day so maybe they wouldn't notice. My DH, obviously I keep him informed already of my loss.

However, today I saw my co-worker's husband for the first time in several months. After making small talk, he said, "Did you lose weight?" I cracked up because my co-worker exclaimed, "That's rude! You don't ask people that!" But I just said, "It's fine, and yes I have." Woo hoo, somebody noticed! Not that I'm doing it for anybody but me, but it was nice to hear! :thumbup:

Your stories are inspirational, heartwarming and great to read!

For me - this week I threw away my 'fat bras' - you know the kind with shoulder pads that have gel, 5 hooks and enough underwire to 'mcgiver' an explosive device! Now, I'm still big, but for the first time in a LONG time, I can comfortably wear a bra without spillage (the girls or the underarms), a bra that won't set off a metal detector.