Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Want My Band Removed Now!!!!!

I called my doc and he wants to see me asap mainly because im really depressed and have had the runs since surgury.

Thats a good idea, get in and see him. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE just keep an open mind, Im not trying to change your mind my dear but please keep an open mind and hold in there for a little longer. I am at week 3 1/2 and I feel great. I can eat about anything and my energy level is great. At week one I was kicking myself in the ass for ever doing it, now I love it.

I know you want it out and thats probably what will happen, but just know that we all hated our band that first little while and now we love them. Its darkest right before the dawn.

Keep us posted.

Change is very difficult for everyone. food is our comfort, friend, our drug and the root of all our problems. Giving up the way we used to eat is so hard. We can still eat just not the same way. Haven't you ever changed jobs and it just feels so awkward at first but over time it starts to feel like home. You need to allow yourself that time. Try to remember why you chose the surgery in the first place. Food can kill us if we allow it to. I had my surgery 2 months ago and have never regretted it once. I have not had a fill yet so believe me I have had difficult days. Living on 900 calories a day is not easy but I made up my mind that this was the only answer left to me. I went from no exercise to 5 days a week for at least 65 mins a day. I feel so much better. 30 lbs later I know that in less than a year I will be at my goal.....to be healthy, happy, not a burden to my family, and actually like what I see in the mirror. Please give yourself a chance. You may want to talk to a therapist. It is normal to grieve the loss of food but you will eat again very soon. Godspeed.

I felt competely crazy after my band as well. Just as I do after getting my first fill which was today. I am not sure it's working and it's a very difficult process. It's a big emotional journey. I was dying for food and have been eating things that aren't great now. However, I am eating much better than I did before. I have lost 20lbs in 6 weeks which would have taken me 8 weeks being a workout queen and on a super strict diet. So my point is it's a journey. It's not always perfect. I am emotional eater and I love food and I always will. Just gotta find a healthy balance. Give yourself time!! Soon you will be saying I love my band. Also find someone who you can talk to. It's easier if you have a buddy!!

I mourned my loss of normal food (my version of normal food, at least) at first. I am a guy, for crying out loud! It is considered manly to brag about how much food a guy can consume (at least here, in the US). I've had a sh*tty couple of weeks with work and there have been times when I have wanted to pig out and drink Coca-Cola till the freakin' cows come home. Thank God that my band has helped keep me from doing so! I didn't have to feel ashamed of myself afterwards. I don't know what new coping mechanisms I'm going to rely on, yet. I'm happy but not happy all at the same time. I'm going through what is known as "bandster hell". Do you know the difference between what I'm going through now and what I gave into in the past? I'm going to get through all of it this time. I AM! I KNOW it beyond any benefit of doubt! I have lost weight and feel soooo much better. I sleep better, I move better. I hate that I have lost one of my best friends... food... but I would hate it much worse if I were to just go on getting fatter until I was nearly immobile and die, in embarrassment, from this dreaded affliction!

If you want support, we're here to give it to you. We'll stand by you through thick and thin. We'll lift you up when the world has gone to sh*t around you. We will give you strength when you need it most. We are the world of fat. We are the world of the unseen and frowned upon. We are the reality of fat in the USA and Europe and Asia and anywhere else in the world. We're all either encountering or been through the same sh*t that you're going through. We, more than any skinny b*tch who has never had a weight problem in his or her life, know what pain you feel each and every day that you look in the mirror. We know how good you feel when you shovel nine bazillion calories into your pie-hole to quench the pain. We know how desperate and ashamed you feel afterwards. We know how unfair it seems that there are people who can eat anything that they want and never gain an ounce. We know how painful it is to gain weight on the scale even though we're watching and counting every bite that is going into our mouths. We are YOU, sweetheart! We are YOU! Please let us help you.. and you to help us. Together we CAN and WILL make a difference!

If, however, you're bound and determined to have the band removed despite anything we say... go ahead and do it. Feel free. You're grown. You have don't have to answer to a freakin' nanny or a teacher or all of us fat *sses! You do, however, just like all of us, have to live with the consequences of overeating. I was 375 freaking' pounds for cryin' out loud. I was a cow! Not a calf, but a freakin' COW! These wonderful people here helped me to make a very difficult terrifying decision to face my demons and accept help via the band. I will never forget them for all they have done to make my life more liveable. I owe my incredible surgeon my life! While I have only lost just over 40 pounds, I already feel like a new person. I couldn't have done it without ALL of them... good experiences and bad. My lapband buddy, gilliebean, with whom I exchange private messages has been the godsend for whom I prayed!

I only wish you well, with or without the band. Ultimately, you make the decision that's best for you... but please... plan for the worst and hope for the best. In the end, that's all any of us, as human beings, can really do.

Goodness! You just had it put in! Give yourself time to adjust! I'm sure you thought about having the surgery for a long time. I would suggest if after having the band in for as long as you thought about having the sugery, then you might want to have it taken it out.

But I'm sure by then you will be very happy and adjusted to it!

Give yourself a break. It's an adjustment period right now.

I think lots of people go through that What the hell have I done to myself stage- I did. You will be amazed at how much your perspective changes once you get to eat food again- Talk to your Dr- perhaps he is flexible like mine was and will let you go up a step if you are getting down the liquids fine- You will never know until you try- Please get the help you need- you did this to be healthier, not to risk possibly hurting yourself, let us know how it goes! I will keep you in my prayers.

Hey everyone,

I had my band placed in 2/27/08 just 7 days ago and i'm going crazy!! I decided that after 7 days, I want my band removed. I'm 22 and have my whole life to look foward to and enjoy. The band is not worth all this stress I've put up with, I want to go back to living a normal life :thumbup:. I mad a big mistake in getting it done in the first place. Has this happened to anyone eles. Please don't respond if your comment is to try to get me to change my mind. Thanks but my mind is set. All of us in this forum have or had weight issuse and now how it feels to have someone who is skiny and healthy "TRY" to show sympathy when in realaty don't konw what your really going thru. :w00t::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

Hi there, can you please tell me how much you weigh and exactly why did you get the band inserted in the first place? What were your insentives for having the surgery? Were you co-erced into getting the band or was it your own decision? Also do you think you have had adequate time to adjust to your being banded or are you simply upset because you feel that you will not be able to eat real food like everyone else because if this is the case boy! you must really be addicted to your food, sorry I mean you no disrespect I am just simply trying to understand your frame of mind, my being a psychologist and all.

I mourned my loss of normal food (my version of normal food, at least) at first. I am a guy, for crying out loud! It is considered manly to brag about how much food a guy can consume (at least here, in the US). I've had a sh*tty couple of weeks with work and there have been times when I have wanted to pig out and drink Coca-Cola till the freakin' cows come home. Thank God that my band has helped keep me from doing so! I didn't have to feel ashamed of myself afterwards. I don't know what new coping mechanisms I'm going to rely on, yet. I'm happy but not happy all at the same time. I'm going through what is known as "bandster hell". Do you know the difference between what I'm going through now and what I gave into in the past? I'm going to get through all of it this time. I AM! I KNOW it beyond any benefit of doubt! I have lost weight and feel soooo much better. I sleep better, I move better. I hate that I have lost one of my best friends... food... but I would hate it much worse if I were to just go on getting fatter until I was nearly immobile and die, in embarrassment, from this dreaded affliction!

If you want support, we're here to give it to you. We'll stand by you through thick and thin. We'll lift you up when the world has gone to sh*t around you. We will give you strength when you need it most. We are the world of fat. We are the world of the unseen and frowned upon. We are the reality of fat in the USA and Europe and Asia and anywhere else in the world. We're all either encountering or been through the same sh*t that you're going through. We, more than any skinny b*tch who has never had a weight problem in his or her life, know what pain you feel each and every day that you look in the mirror. We know how good you feel when you shovel nine bazillion calories into your pie-hole to quench the pain. We know how desperate and ashamed you feel afterwards. We know how unfair it seems that there are people who can eat anything that they want and never gain an ounce. We know how painful it is to gain weight on the scale even though we're watching and counting every bite that is going into our mouths. We are YOU, sweetheart! We are YOU! Please let us help you.. and you to help us. Together we CAN and WILL make a difference!

If, however, you're bound and determined to have the band removed despite anything we say... go ahead and do it. Feel free. You're grown. You have don't have to answer to a freakin' nanny or a teacher or all of us fat *sses! You do, however, just like all of us, have to live with the consequences of overeating. I was 375 freaking' pounds for cryin' out loud. I was a cow! Not a calf, but a freakin' COW! These wonderful people here helped me to make a very difficult terrifying decision to face my demons and accept help via the band. I will never forget them for all they have done to make my life more liveable. I owe my incredible surgeon my life! While I have only lost just over 40 pounds, I already feel like a new person. I couldn't have done it without ALL of them... good experiences and bad. My lapband buddy, gilliebean, with whom I exchange private messages has been the godsend for whom I prayed!

I only wish you well, with or without the band. Ultimately, you make the decision that's best for you... but please... plan for the worst and hope for the best. In the end, that's all any of us, as human beings, can really do.

Dear Westcoastfatguy. GOD BLESS YOU you truly are an inspiration to us all, your message truly moved me. Congratulations on your astounding weightloss keep up the great work, Peta (Australia)

A good reason for insurance companies to make this so difficult.

I can't believe you'd have surgery without thinking it through FIRST.

Yazmin, many of us have been where you are. Making the decision to get the band, and then getting it, is huge, life changing, a learning process, and not always the easiest thing to live with at first. I felt not so great the first few weeks and I was so sick of liquids and then mushies. I, too, thought I would have to give up what I like. Honestly, there have been some things that I have had to cut out of my food repetoire. But many of them were the foods that weren't that good for me anyway. I get to eat what I like to eat, but in much smaller amounts. Food is so much better when it is savored and not gobbled. Talk to your doctor NOW. There might be other physical things, like imbalances in chemistry as suggested above, that are making you crash. It's only been 4 months for me, but the changes I have made are so good. Not always easy, but good. If you feel you have to have the band removed, then do it. But you really should give it a few months. Get through the bandster hell part, learn to work with it, give yourself a fair chance. You might be surprised. Good luck.

Thats a good idea, get in and see him. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE just keep an open mind, Im not trying to change your mind my dear but please keep an open mind and hold in there for a little longer. I am at week 3 1/2 and I feel great. I can eat about anything and my energy level is great. At week one I was kicking myself in the ass for ever doing it, now I love it.

I know you want it out and thats probably what will happen, but just know that we all hated our band that first little while and now we love them. Its darkest right before the dawn.

Keep us posted.

No~We didn t ALL hate our bands.I was scared to death something would happen and I d lose mine.I Loved it before I even had it.

I am not going to try to get you to change your mind. However, I think your feelings are similar to what most bandsters feel after surgery. After my surgery, I felt incredibly aweful for a month. I couldn't sleep on my side and every time I rolled over it felt like my guts were being ripped out. I had horrible pains in my shoulder. Plus, it seemed like the surgery made me gain weight even though I wasn't eating much. I spent $15,000 total out of pocket. I felt like I wasted my money and butchered my body for no reason, as I wasn't even losing weight.

Then I healed and my stomach and shoulder felt totally normal. I didnt lose weight initially because I fought the band. I ate too many calories and didn't listen to my body's cues I was full. IE I would order a huge restaurant meal, be full after eating a quarter of it, wait and then eat some more. Then I realized what the band is there for. It's to help you manage your eating if you want to manage your eating. I've lost 27 pounds in 6 mos. It's not a huge weight loss, but it is slow and steady. I went from size 26 jeans to almost a size 18. I am seriously excited for when I reach size 16, cuz that will put me into the "normal" sizes again.

I just wanted to tell you that we all go thru what you are feeling. If you want to remove your band, go for it. If you take it easy and wait for your body to heal, you can seriously change your life with the band. I think it was the best $15,000 I have ever spent. I'm going to my reunion in the summer as a normal sized woman, not a plus sized woman. I won't be skinny, but I will look good. Follow your heart, but know that feeling crappy after surgery is normal.:w00t:

Hey everyone,

I had my band placed in 2/27/08 just 7 days ago and i'm going crazy!! I decided that after 7 days, I want my band removed. I'm 22 and have my whole life to look foward to and enjoy. The band is not worth all this stress I've put up with, I want to go back to living a normal life :thumbup:. I mad a big mistake in getting it done in the first place. Has this happened to anyone eles. Please don't respond if your comment is to try to get me to change my mind. Thanks but my mind is set. All of us in this forum have or had weight issuse and now how it feels to have someone who is skiny and healthy "TRY" to show sympathy when in realaty don't konw what your really going thru. :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

Westcoastfatguy, what you said totally hit the nail on the head. You are so right!!:thumbup: