Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

God, Cathy, how absolutely HORRIBLE.

Just hang in there - you're in all of our thoughts.

Well I've been really depressed . My brother-in-law was in a head on collision Friday and has been in Morristown Hospital in ICU and had two surgeries since then and is scheduled for two more this week . That's just to put him back together . My sister , his wife , died June 17 of last year and I'm his only family he has around here , his family lives up by the Canadain border. I came home today to get some rest and will go back tomorrow in time for his next surgery. I'm just thankful he's alive . The woman that hit him died . I just had to tell someone. I hope you don't mind me dumping this on all you .

Cathy I'm so sorry. Being an old ER nurse I feel your struggle. What I've learned from having a very sick husband in the past is that its still important to take care of yourself. This is a vulnerable time for you. We are all struggling with something and certainly this is a good place to put your worries as we all know how we normally cope. Which is how we ended up here in the first place. I will put him in my prayers. Take care

sharon

Hiya all,

I just found this thread, I was banded in Mexico 3/25 by Dr.Ortiz, had a great experience with his clinic, had my 1st fill 5/1 and am down 25lbs so far from the preop diet, started out in tight 16's and an now in loose 12's, almost ready to try sz 10, I live in Seattle as a travel nurse with my 2 traveling dogs, I think that the banding was one of the smartest decisions I have ever made.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Cathy, you and your brother-n-law are in our thoughts and prayers. Although your his support system right now don't forget to keep your own strength up. We are here for you and keep us posted.

Hi Shamrocks!

Tarrnyn - welcome to the group. What wonderful success!

Cathy - OMG, what a horrible year. I hope your brother in law gets better. It is wonderful that you are a support system for him. I think this is a great way to get your feelings out there. The shamrocks have a great support system. Sharon said a wonderful thing. I can speak from my own personal experience as well. Please take care of yourself. It is all too easy to forget yourself with all the things you are doing now. Remember, if you get worn out, who will be there for him? I will keep you and your brother in law in my thoughts and prayers.

Diva! I am with you! I am fairly certain I have gained about 4 pounds. I dread the visit with the doctor's scale tomorrow. The one good thing is that I am hoping that he will give me a fill. I'm guessing the gaining weight will definitely swing that decision to my favor.

UGH! I only feel like I have restriction when I eat steak or chicken. Although today I ate a hard boiled egg and I got a little chest pain. I'll be honest, I think I didn't chew it enough. I really want that post surgery feeling...... not even being hungry, or just being happy sipping something or taking a small bite. I guess patience is the word for me today. I just need to be a little more patient.

(((Cathy))) so sorry to hear about your Brother in Law. Please know that I will keep you both in my prayers. It must be so hard for his family being so far away too. Hugs!

Tomorrow I am going to check out the local CURVES center in town. It's on ly 30 minutes and I have heard it's not very expensive. I guess I can use some of the money I am saving by not eating as much and spend it on firming and toning. I'm also thiking about joining Weight Watchers to have the accountability and structure they offer.

It is wonderful to have restriction. I'm still getting used to going VERY slow and chew, chew, chewing. A few slimes and you learn really quick to chew and take it slow. So, so, so ready to lose some more weight!

Christine

Busy--I'm with you! But it does sound good that you are walking and losing. I think I heard that the gut is the last to go. I did finally get myself out for a 2.10 walk today and that felt better. Good luck to you.

mylay--I'm a low carber. Right now -- I'm keeping it below 30g but I have to say after reading posts from people for YEARS that different people need different amounts of carbs. Some people really do better when they stay low and other people really need more to lose. I think you will have to experiment. I also really look for night Snacks even though I know I shouldn't. The sugar-free freezer pops are helping a LOT. Some nights I have gotten into some popcorn and that really is bad for me.

Texgirl---my heart is out to you. I am wondering if there is something about this point in our post-op that can cause a stall. Let's just try to wait this out.

Cathy, I am so sorry to hear about your tragedy! Take care of yourself and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Breads are the only thing that give me any restriction. I can eat all the meat, vegetables, etc. that I want. I've started making sure I have a piece of whole wheat bread with my meals so that my band will tell me to stop. Apparently I have a very smart scale. This morning I woke up quite pissy with diet and exercise and not losing. I got on the scale and it said I was down another 25 pounds - 48 from my starting weight. yeah, that was was 25 lbs over night. I checked 3 times and it stayed at 189 each time. I picked the scale up, shook it around and got back on and it was back to 212. Anyway, it was seriously nice to see 189 on my scale so that was a great start to the morning even if it was way wrong!

mscathyl--

OH MY!!! I'm SO sorry to hear this! What a tragedy. I guess we get tend to get caught up in our little dramas everyday (like not losing fast enough). It's things like this that really remind us of just how heartbreaking life can get. Please keep us posted on your brother-in-law and how YOU are doing too.

Cathy, I am so sorry to hear about your tragedy! Take care of yourself and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Breads are the only thing that give me any restriction. I can eat all the meat, vegetables, etc. that I want. I've started making sure I have a piece of whole wheat bread with my meals so that my band will tell me to stop. Apparently I have a very smart scale. This morning I woke up quite pissy with diet and exercise and not losing. I got on the scale and it said I was down another 25 pounds - 48 from my starting weight. yeah, that was was 25 lbs over night. I checked 3 times and it stayed at 189 each time. I picked the scale up, shook it around and got back on and it was back to 212. Anyway, it was seriously nice to see 189 on my scale so that was a great start to the morning even if it was way wrong!

Texgirl, that is so funny to think your scales know when you need an ego boost!! Do you think your scales will talk to my scales about giving me a little extra support??? Hey, 212 is wonderful but I know you want more... :)

Lynn I am also going to a wedding and wanted a new outfit so I went looking today and the store I went to only carry up to 3x clothes last summer I was in a 4x -5x well today I bought a 2x shirt and matching skirt. My friend said it looked nice on me. WOOO HOOOO

A lot of the shirts I have been wearing is falling off my shoulders didnt think I wanted to wear that to the wedding.