Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Nice to have you back, Jennifer - congratulations on your progress!

And Christine, I'm happy you're still with us, and now Restriction-enhanced!

Greetings!

I'm back and in a better mood today. I've have GOT to keep remembering the next minute is a new minute.

Fenton: I guess that was a lesson! Bummer to be so stuffed you can't sleep. Oh, and HOLY COW 6 inches off your belt....that is a NSV to celebrate!

Scrappy: Good for you going whole hearted into this process! I mostly can stop myself when I should.....but then there are the other times......it is the reason I was banded!

Christine: Good news that your doctor was aggressive about the fill. Maybe I should tell my doctor I could eat 2 slices of pizza with no problem!

Well, I am hoping to get some walking in tonight. I won't be able to get that in for the next couple of days.

Bye for now!

I'm really getting nervous about everyone getting a fill. I don't have an appointment until MAY 27th (!!!) and he didn't indicate ANY plan for a fill at that time. I have the AP 10cc band so I expect it will take a few fills before I feel anything. I'm hunger and I'm eating more. I haven't lost in the last 2 weeks. I'm even thinking of putting myself on Liquid Protein for a few days just to make sure I don't gain. I do have to admit that I'm not getting much exercise so that doesn't help either.

I had my sgy on 03/05/08. I am going in for my 2nd fill tomorrow! :)

Yay! The scale finally budged today. 3 lbs down from yesterday to my lowest weight yet. Patience finally paid off

I'm really getting nervous about everyone getting a fill. I don't have an appointment until MAY 27th (!!!) and he didn't indicate ANY plan for a fill at that time. I have the AP 10cc band so I expect it will take a few fills before I feel anything. I'm hunger and I'm eating more. I haven't lost in the last 2 weeks. I'm even thinking of putting myself on liquid Protein for a few days just to make sure I don't gain. I do have to admit that I'm not getting much exercise so that doesn't help either.

Don't sweat, I am scheduled for 5/30, and assume I am getting a fill. I feel I have NO restriction and can eat anything that gets in my path. I am trying to keep up the walking and I have lost in my legs, butt, and boobs, my gut is not going though. When I try to do core exercises I feel something flipping inside..is that normal??

Can someone tell me how many carbs we should restrict ourselfs to,I don't know why i'm stuck losing the same 3-4 lbs.I am doing the exercise

and the Water thing probably eating about 2 cups at dinner but ok for the rest of the time.I have been able to eat whatever I want nothing gets stuck.I am having my second fill on the 13th how that gives me some restriction.Sometimes I have a snack about 2 hours before bed is that where my problem is I have always been a snacker at night.Any advice would be great

Im not sure if this is related to the band or the fill I just got but I seem to be making more saliva lately. I find myself swallowing more. I've heard of sliming but don't think this is it because it's not just when I eat. I think I will post a question on the main board. :confused2:

I keep losing the same three or four pounds too. At my lowest I'm at 25 lbs down. I've had 3 fills and I'm at 2cc in a 4 cc band. I notice a little bit of restriction when eating bread but nothings gotten stuck. I just take it slow. Anyway, I'm extremely frustrated. I haven't had a diet coke or Mexican food in 2 months and I exercise at least 30 minutes (usually an hour) every day! I'm so ready to get past this point and I just don't know what I'm doing wrong! I'm always so scared that this just isn't going to work for me.

As far as carbs go I have heard anything from 100gms and more. It is like everything else. Each DR has their own desired guidelines. I keep mine below 100, at least I try. And right now my calorie count seems to hold around 800-900 even though I know I could take in more calories. I have weight watchers so imbedded in my brain that I follow some of those portion sizes and can eyeball portions well. So finally all my attempts with weight watchers is helping me with the band journey.

Hi Everyone, I've been reading here, just haven't had much to say the last few days, so that's my reason for not being here. I'm still on track but finding it harder to eat the right foods, but I'm down another 3 lbs this week for a total of 22 lbs lost since surgery and a grand total of 42 lbs since January, so I can't complain. I'm shooting to lose another 8 lbs by end of May before we leave on our vacation June 1 and I'm on track for that.

Fenton, congrats on the 6" loss in pants size, that is an awesome NSV.

I'm looking forward to my 2nd fill on May 23 and hoping for more restriction as I seem to be able to eat probably a cup or more of food right now which is more than I've been able to eat in the past. I just make myself stop eating and so far so good. I do think I have a little restriction since my first fill on April 25, but know that I need more.

Everyone keep up the good work, I know it's hard, but we can do it.

Well I've been really depressed . My brother-in-law was in a head on collision Friday and has been in Morristown Hospital in ICU and had two surgeries since then and is scheduled for two more this week . That's just to put him back together . My sister , his wife , died June 17 of last year and I'm his only family he has around here , his family lives up by the Canadain border. I came home today to get some rest and will go back tomorrow in time for his next surgery. I'm just thankful he's alive . The woman that hit him died . I just had to tell someone. I hope you don't mind me dumping this on all you .

I think this is a good place to "dump" our feeling. and see no reason why we can't. we all have up and downs and need support.

So sorry to hear about your brother. Hope all is fine after all of his surgeries. Prayers are with you.

Keep yourself rested.. It sounds like his recovery will be a long road.

Cathy, this is the place to Celebrate your victories, lament your slips, vent your frustrations, spill your guts, get encouragement to push on through, tell somebody what's hurting you. Otherwise, what's the point of this place? Most of us aren't here just because we're fat, had the same surgery, and need some one to talk to. We're here for support because crap happens and that crap and our responses to it affect us and our weight. That's the only reason I'm here - for the support - otherwise I'd just write about my LB experience in a private journal. We come here to get and give support, so if that's what you need; take all that you need.

I'm sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. This has got to be difficult for him, but fortunately he has you to help him through this. It sounds as though you all have suffered quite a bit in the last twelve months. Hold on and keep the faith. I pray that he has a full recovery and that you all come out on the other side stronger, closer, and happier.

Now to all of you that are struggling with the same three or four pounds. Be grateful dudes cuz I have gained 4 pounds. It has been sitting here on my bones for a week now. If one more person tells me that muscle weighs more than fat I will scream. I have barely lifted anything since surgery (except a spoon and fork) I will try to walk at least a mile everyday and I do make sure that I get my Protein in, but I don’t think I’m doing enough to have built any muscle mass. On the bright side though, my body seems to be shrinking. Today I put on a pair of size 24 pants. Last year I was buying 32s and 28s. Yesterday I work a blouse set that I have not been able to wear for a quite some time (over a year)! So, I’m gaining weight but getting smaller? That makes no sense at all….

well DIVA - Any change is a positive change. consider your new found wardrobe to be a NSV. I to am getting into clothes I have not worn in about a year. and some I am putting on get worn that day and then go to the goodwill pile after washing.

I am shopping this weekend for a dress for a wedding next weekend and have no idea what to get.... I know it will be a size or 2 smaller. Even clothes I am still wearing are too big in some areas and do not look good, but my budget cannot allow me to buy for each little change. I have bought new shoes and a new purse. They don't have much effect with weight loss :lol:

It is a feeling we are all getting used to dealing with and one that is a big lift to our self esteem and alson encouragement for our progress to continue. :lol: