Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Well I started mushies today . I had an egg and some baby carrots . My dietician said no Soup , cream of wheat , oatmeal , potatoes or salad for the next two weeks . I know every Dr. is different but my seems to be really strick.

Congrats on the jeans Harley! I also put some on today for the first time.. They were only a tad loose, but I'll take it!:wink: I was over them quickly though- I felt like when I sat down they were cutting me off.. So back to the lounge pants:)

Busy, I have the same issue with my bra.. I just went out and got a loose fitting sports bra. I felt like the under wires in my regular bra were giving to much pressure to a sensitive area. I also used 2 extra pieces of gauze over the incision for "padding".. It just made me feel better:) Best of luck!

:angry: Kerri

well I am on day 2 of Clear Liquids and I thought my head was ready to blow. I have had the worst headache but it is finally starting to go away. I have one day left of clear liquids and then I am off to surgery on the 26th I have to be there at 8:30am so I am starting to get a little nervous but after reading this site I am feeling better after reading this site. I am now just getting things together to take with me to the hospital. I figure I will wear their gown (why pack more than needed?) also the clothes that I wear there I will wear home. I will pack up my breathing gadget that they gave me and maybe a crossword puzzle. any other suggestions out there?

I'm pretty lucky, I can't believe how tiny my incisions are....the only one close to my bra line is in the middle, so nothing rubs.....mine seem to be a little lower than some....my main incision is about at my waist.....

I'm really impressed with my surgeons lines.....maybe she should have gone in to plastics!

well I am on day 2 of clear liquids and I thought my head was ready to blow. I have had the worst headache but it is finally starting to go away. I have one day left of clear liquids and then I am off to surgery on the 26th I have to be there at 8:30am so I am starting to get a little nervous but after reading this site I am feeling better after reading this site. I am now just getting things together to take with me to the hospital. I figure I will wear their gown (why pack more than needed?) also the clothes that I wear there I will wear home. I will pack up my breathing gadget that they gave me and maybe a crossword puzzle. any other suggestions out there?

lip balm (carmex, vaseline, chapstick)

hand cream (can't sleep unless my hands and feet are not dry)

leave the bra @ home!!!:)

Hi All,

Well I finished a full day at work with nobody the wiser. I did have few minutes around mid afternoon that I felt kind of like I might be sick, but it passed. I think more than anything it is those awful Protein shakes. I just can't hardly stand the taste. I should probably have bought some flavor besides vanilla.

As for what to take to the hospital, I suppose it depends on if you will be staying overnight. I didn't so all I took was myself in comfy clothes and flip flops and thats the way I went home.

As for the incisions. Mine do not seem to be anywhere close to the bra area so no problems there. None of mine had bandages. They used superglue and said to let in naturally slough off. No shower for two days but that was not that big a deal. I think most of mine are less than an inch in size except for the main one and it is maybe 1.5 to 2. My incisions look pretty good it's the bruises around a couple of them that look bad.

I am still having problems getting in all the liquids. I kept stuff by me all day and sipped every few minutes until nearly noon and I just couldn't handle anymore for awhile. I'm sitting here now trying to get down another god awful shake. I don't know if I'll be able to stand this for another 9 days.

T

Glad to hear you survived your first day back to work, T!!!

Mine is tomorrow.....I'm a little worried, I work retail and I'm on my feet and on the go most of the day. Fortunately, I have the world's greatest

co-workers and I know they'll take up the slack if I need to sit down for a bit.

I have on a sort of sport bra, it is all stretchy, but does have fasteners. it hits just above my one incision so it is not bothered. I have more issue with my pants. only wearing loose fitting sweats right now, but they hit 2 of the lrger incisions. I wear the pants low under my belly, just like when I was pregnant. since not going anywhere figure it does the trick. haven't had a bra on for 5 days,since surgery, but figure the gals need some sort of support lol

and with the gas, the fewer things touching my belly the better I feel, so naked would be best!!!!! :)

Day one of clear liquids, what a nightmare! I have such a headache and I am so hungry. I am so thankful that I only have one more day of clear liquids before surgery. I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am on wednesday the 26th.:)

Charity some of us had to do liquids for two weeks pre surgery. Trust me, you can do this.

It's the post surgery liquids that are kicking my butt.

Thank you for the encouragement TexsT, I know liquids for a week wasn't that bad but clear liquids I could of done without.

I think the best thing about the liquid diet is that you lose a heckuva lot of weight on it. Other than that, it's all pretty awful.

Luckily, it's only temporary!

I'm fascinated by cathyl's nutritionist saying that since she's on mushies she can't have Soup and various other things. Many of those things are kind of carby, but Soup? If you've been having soup for some time, to have it suddenly become disallowed is weird! I suppose if they're trying to knock out cream Soups, that might make sense.

Personally, I'm on mushies (although I've had two cheaty days with solid food), but I'm about to add some oatmeal or something - I've GOT to increase my fiber!!!

special K how long did it take you to eat the cream of wheat. I made it one day and seems my dr wants me to eat that really slow so If i ate like i think im suppose to that would take me 2 hours. Im still really confused at how fast i should be drinking or eating.

I think it took me about 30+ minutes to eat it, and it was getting cold and getting thicker by the end making it less appetizing. I can definitely see that putting things on that candle warming plate that was suggested to me in advance to keep it warm to eat it is a good idea. I hate to admit it but I must have been wolfing my food down before it had a chance to get cold in the past!