Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Hey Andrew, welcome. Nice to see a fellow Houstonian in the mix.

Well today is my bandiversary and to be honest I didn't even remember until I logged on to check the posts. DUH!! I'm down to 238lbs. That's 59 pounds lost forever. Pretty good considering that the band has only worked for me since October. Congrats to everyone and their success. I agree, we need more pictures. My family and I are planning to take our annual trip to take pictures in the bluebonnets and I promise to post some before and nows as soon as I get them.

Funny thing... even though I didn't remember, I seemed to feel the need for a small makeover. I went to the salon today and got a new haircut and a pedicure... maybe my subconcious remembered even though I didn't. Even my toes are skinnier ~ tee hee.

Well today is my bandiversary and to be honest I didn't even remember until I logged on to check the posts. DUH!! I'm down to 238lbs. That's 59 pounds lost forever. Pretty good considering that the band has only worked for me since October. Congrats to everyone and their success. I agree, we need more pictures. My family and I are planning to take our annual trip to take pictures in the bluebonnets and I promise to post some before and nows as soon as I get them.

Funny thing... even though I didn't remember, I seemed to feel the need for a small makeover. I went to the salon today and got a new haircut and a pedicure... maybe my subconcious remembered even though I didn't. Even my toes are skinnier ~ tee hee.

Verry cool, I live in league city just south of Houston. I went from wearing a size 14 shoe to having to slim down to a 13 to 13½

BEFORE PHOTOS

before pictures pictures by Andew6 - Photobucket

Some after Photos in here:

CORVETTE pictures by Andew6 - Photobucket

Welcome Andrew.

Nice car. Ya and nice progress pictures too.

I don't have veins sticking out, but I do love seeing the muscle definition.

Welcome Andrew.

Nice car. Ya and nice progress pictures too.

I don't have veins sticking out, but I do love seeing the muscle definition.

I mainly see the veins in my hands, arms and calves. Muscle deffinition though in my arms and legs and chest is great. Gut still won't go away.

Today is my bandaversary.. Hard to belive that at this time last year I was waiting for my surgeon to talk with me right before surgery.

Still have a few more pounds to lose, but I am soooo happy to be where I am at.

Welcome, andrew and great pics, before and after, also the car is classy..

congratulations Carrie...I'm lookin for those before pictures...but ya know how we all hate getting our pictures takin....

slow and steady....I'm with you!!!:tt2:

Today is my bandaversary.. Hard to belive that at this time last year I was waiting for my surgeon to talk with me right before surgery.

Still have a few more pounds to lose, but I am soooo happy to be where I am at.

Welcome, andrew and great pics, before and after, also the car is classy..

Happy anniversary Lynn....we are so much better of than we were this time last year...

sharon:)

thanks everyone great to see everyone doing well with the band. I just started getting back into some kind of workout/exercise routine so should hopefully see some more muscle gain and fat loss.

Anyone else finding it weird to see your veins just poking out everywhere? lol

Welcome , Fenton needs a male companion on line, we sometimes get all crazy....and take it out on him....NO...we don't have veins poking out everywhere...unless their varicose....that's a guy thing....

You look great...congratulations on your accomplishment...you are young and made a good decision that took some of the rest of us years to get to....or didn't have the option back then...

Welcome , Fenton needs a male companion on line, we sometimes get all crazy....and take it out on him....NO...we don't have veins poking out everywhere...unless their varicose....that's a guy thing....

You look great...congratulations on your accomplishment...you are young and made a good decision that took some of the rest of us years to get to....or didn't have the option back then...

appreciate it. I was 190lbs when I moved to Texas and discovered "mexican food" and college. I ballooned up big time. I tried dieting excercise etc... but always ended up gaining more back. I guess I just have a hell of a sweet tooth sometimes.

Another accomplishment I'm sure some may have already reached but is a very satisfying one is when you walk your thighs don't touch. That is pretty cool. I did my 3 mile walk and realized I had a lot more of a stride b/c of it not touching.

Congrats on the bandiversaries.

I LOVE corvettes Andrew. When I get rich, I'm buying a '68 vette. I have it all picked out!

Congrats potatie on the 120 pounds. That is truly amazing!

I'm buying my wii this weekend and I can't wait. I love playing with that thing. I'm hoping that and a renewed dedication to proper diet will move things along.

I'm loving my appropriately sized clothes. I have only one more size smaller in my closet. After that, well goodness I'll just have to buy some!

Hi everyone, well my 1 year bandiversary was yesterday. When I get home tonite I'll see if I can get my husband to download my current picture so I can post my before and current picture for you all to see. I still have 30 to 40 more lbs to go, but I'm wanting to share my new look with you all on my 1 year anniversary.

On another note, my DH was banded on St. Patricks Day, a few days ago. He's been struggling getting down his Protein drink and other fluids, he's had bad gas pains and blames not getting his liquids down on the gas. I think he's feeling a little better today and he told me he's doing better on his fluids and getting in his Protein Drink. I am glad he's finally banded and know that I'll make my goal now that he's following on my heels.

:ohmy:

Congrats on the bandiversaries.

I LOVE corvettes Andrew. When I get rich, I'm buying a '68 vette. I have it all picked out!

Congrats potatie on the 120 pounds. That is truly amazing!

I'm buying my wii this weekend and I can't wait. I love playing with that thing. I'm hoping that and a renewed dedication to proper diet will move things along.

I'm loving my appropriately sized clothes. I have only one more size smaller in my closet. After that, well goodness I'll just have to buy some!

My corvette is a '68. and as far as being rich you don't need to be that right now. You can pick up a decent one for under 15k on ebay right now. Economy as well as corvette market has gone to crap. That helps folks like me pick up cars we've always loved for a very good price.

Hi everyone, well my 1 year bandiversary was yesterday. When I get home tonite I'll see if I can get my husband to download my current picture so I can post my before and current picture for you all to see. I still have 30 to 40 more lbs to go, but I'm wanting to share my new look with you all on my 1 year anniversary.

On another note, my DH was banded on St. Patricks Day, a few days ago. He's been struggling getting down his Protein drink and other fluids, he's had bad gas pains and blames not getting his liquids down on the gas. I think he's feeling a little better today and he told me he's doing better on his fluids and getting in his Protein Drink. I am glad he's finally banded and know that I'll make my goal now that he's following on my heels.

:ohmy:

You need to get that man to walking around to release come of that C02 or he'll have referred pain for a week. More walking you do the more ummm farting burping and absorbing you do. GasX did not work for me.

Kathy, you look amazing! I am so proud of you girl! Can't wait to see you again.

And welcome Andrew, you have stumbled on a fabulous group of people here. Stick around, you will have a blast! Fenton finally has a bit of testosterone around to balance us out, I bet he will be stoked, lol.

Congrats everyone for a great first year!!!

I got a fill today. Half a cc. I thought earlier it would be good, now I feel tight. This makes me nervous. I am on liquids for a few days, so hopefully it will work out. I have been overfilled once. It was no fun.

I have not lost much weight since the holidays. I think we all gravitate back to our pre-band mind set for a little bit. I have got to go back to the band basics. Eat slower, small bites, smaller portions. I need to exercise!!!

Have a great weekend.