Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

surgery in July still no weight loss

I had my surgery in July and I still have not loss a pound I have had 3 fills and i can eat straight threw them meaning the day i get my fill I'm surpose to fast for 10-14 days I do it for maybe a day or 2 then its back to eating can some please give me some advice on controlling my hunger:sad:

You're supposed to "fast" for 10 to 14 days after a fill? Weight loss can be slow until we get good restriction and you might need more fills to get there ( I've had six fills). Until you get good restriction, you need to count calories and track your Protein ( like being on weight watchers). Be sure you get at least 60 to 80 gms of Protein a day. Eat protein first and add green veggies, reduce, reduce, reduce your carbs. The carbs make you hungrier sooner and you'll be looking for another snack sooner.

I don't think it's possible that your Dr wants you to fast for 10 to 14 days. Please check the instructions with the office.

Hi Tytrice, You will gets lots of help if you spend more time here. It sounds like you Dr isn't educating you on how to work the band. If you can't get it from him, try else where. And get a fill somewhere. You are wasting the opportunity to have your band work for you.

I think you need to talk to your doctor and clarify this - make sure you understood correctly. I have never heard of anyone being told to fast for 14 days after a fill (or to fast for 14 days ever). The whole point of the band is to eat real food. That is how the band is designed to work most effectively- with real, solid food. You would naturally be pretty hungry trying to fast for that long and then probably feel like a failure when you can't. (I'm supposed to go on Clear Liquids for 3 days after a fill and I can't make it that long) Please find out from your doctor if maybe you misunderstood something.