Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Colorado Chick!

Congrats on your nearing surgery!

I am a slow loser. It has been 5 months since my surgery and 32 pounds have come off. BUt I do not feel like a failure because everyone is different! I LOVE MY BAND! I have lost 52 pounds total (20 pre-surgery) and I would never go back. It may be harder for some than others but the main goal is that the weight is coming off! I follow the rules and exercise very frequently. I can now enjoy riding road and mountain bikes and doing spin classes at the gym. Just that in itself is a victory! I wish for everyone that they lose at a higher weight, but it doesnt always happen that way. I WILL get to my goal, it may just be a bit longer. Good luck on your surgery. We will see you on the band side and hope that you lose at your satisfactory weight, but if not we are all here for those rough times when you may feel discouraged.

Melissa

Hi!

I am about 7 months out and have lost almost 70 pounds. I didn't really lose anything for the first three months. Then I finally got good restriction and have now been losing about ten pounds a month. I only lost 7 pounds in February, got another fill, and am back up to 10 for the month of March. My weight loss doesn't show any signs of slowing down yet (except for that TOM), so I'm hoping to continue losing until I get close to goal.

Hope this helps!

Are you guys following any special diet after your surgery? I am on day 4 of my liquid low-carb diet and the funny thing is I have gained 2.5 lbs since the first day of the diet. I have only had low carb Protein Drinks and Soup - carefully measuring so I stay under my 50 carb per day limit! Instead of a guy magnet I must be a pound magnet! LOL

Only a few more days until surgery - I am going to try my hardest to make it work for me!

My doc likes us to be on the South Beach diet. That seems to work when I stick to it to a "t". I count calories too bc he wants us to be aware of what we are eating... It is not hard if you follow the rules!

Melissa

One more day until surgery! Time has really flown by! I am a little nervous today.

Hi all,

My weight loss goal is 150 pounds. So far -- it's almost been a year -- I've lost almost 90 pounds. I'm maybe not losing as fast as some, but I'm pleased with my loss so far. As long as I keep eating right and exercising regularly, I'm confident I can reach my goal. I've given myself a time line of 2 years to get to my goal weight.

Bec

I started with 180 to lose and am down by 130+. Weight came off faster at first (2-4 lbs a week), now it has slowed to 1-2 pounds a week. I feel fabulous-I love wearing "normal" clothes and life seems so much easier. A year from now you will be writing this same note to a frightened newbie!:biggrin2:

I haven't posted on here in awhile and thought I would update. :) I have done fairly well since my April 4 banding. I am down over 60 pounds since my top recorded weight of 280. I have been at a stall for some weeks. This is a self induced stall as I am not doing what I should be doing! I had surgery on my neck three weeks ago and are still under restrictions for working out except for walking. I am still not walking. I get home from work and it is dark and cold out! I have not been eating well either. I don't know if I am emotionally eating from the stress of surgery but I suspect that is the case. I need to get my brain and my butt back in gear! Yesterday I ate way to much salt and am paying the price with some swelling this morning. Why am I doing this to myself?

I am down to 208 this morning!! I can hardly believe it! It has been a very long time since I was in the low 200's. I am hopeful that I can be under 200 by January.

This thread is so motivating! I can see the worry from you pre surgery that I have since I need to lose about 150 and how much you've lost already which is alot! So awesome :cursing:

This thread is so motivating! I can see the worry from you pre surgery that I have since I need to lose about 150 and how much you've lost already which is alot! So awesome :mellow:

I am happy that I motivated you! I just reread my first post and well I kinda re-motivated myself! hahahaha

It has been an interesting ride this lap band of mine. :wub:

I am so happy that I have my band. I really do feel so much better. I have a lot of energy and look loads better. I still have a long way to go but I have the rest of my life to get there! I didnt get this way overnight so I have to just tell myself to chill out! I get so impatient for weight loss. I want it ALL and I want it NOW! lol If I think about it I can really say that I am a goof ball.

You will do well! I am cheering for you! Just rock your band!!:whatchutalkingabout

The last two days I have been reeling good band restriction. Last week I was fighting hunger every two hours! The good news is the scale said 206 this morning!! Yeah!

I hope my band can make up its mind if it is restricted or not! lol I have a doctors appointment on the 11th and cannot decide if I need a fill or not! :thumbup:

Yesterday was a great day. I had so much energy! I could not believe it! I actually jogged from the door at Target to my car far out in the parking lot. Now I know it is not far but for me it was a marathon! lol After I came home from the store I took my doggies on a walk. I would have walked more but my husband was cold. I need to get him warmer clothes so he can keep up with me!! :tongue: My scale was my friend again this morning. My weight is still 206 bit it went from 206.9 to 206.1. I will take any kind of loss! I am so happy that I have my band. She really is my BFF. :sad_smile:

I finally posted some pictures in my album. My before pic makes me sick! I cannot believe I was that big! I have a long way to go to be in a healthy wight range but have come far from the beginning.

I have just now lost over 100 lbs 5 mo out! You can do it!