Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scheduled with Dr Aceves. Right choice?

My husband and I are both scheduled with Dr aceves in April 2008. We haven't read anything bad about him so far. I do keep seeing Dr. Ortiz and Rumbaut's name pop up all over. I hope I am making the right choice. Aceves was cheaper than Rumbaut and closer to the border. Those 2 factors are what persuaded our decision to go to Aceves but I want to make sure he has a good reputation. This is scary stuff to me, I hope we made the right decision!

Yes, he has a very good reputation. He is not my surgeon, but I have heard only good things about him. Excellent choice.

Thanks for the reassurance. Looks like you've lost a lot of weight in a short period of time. Congratulations, it's very encouraging!

You will be pleased with Dr. Aceves.

I had my surgery in June of 06 and have lost 167lbs.

I am going March 10th with my cousin and a co-worker who both are being banded by him.Also my mom,another cousin,and 2 friends have been banded by Dr.A.

All with no problems!

GOOD LUCK to the both of you!

Congratulations on your success! I tried to click on your picture to make it bigger but I don't know how. I LOVE the before and after pics. How do I see yours better? Sounds like Aceves comes highly recommended if you've referred that many people. I'm felling better already! The pics and stories are so inspirational, I can't wait to be one of them!

I was banded by Dr Aceves 2 years ago and it was easily the best medical experience of my life. I had my daughter banded by him 6 months later. I have lost some 130 Lbs so far and my daugher has a new lease on life as well. I think you have made one of the best decisions you could possibly make. If you want to discuss it in person please feel free to contact me.

My husband and I are both scheduled with Dr aceves in April 2008. We haven't read anything bad about him so far. I do keep seeing Dr. Ortiz and Rumbaut's name pop up all over. I hope I am making the right choice. Aceves was cheaper than Rumbaut and closer to the border. Those 2 factors are what persuaded our decision to go to Aceves but I want to make sure he has a good reputation. This is scary stuff to me, I hope we made the right decision!

I was scared when I started this journey myself, the "research journey" have you read the thread on: "How to search for Mexican Doctors" if you read and followed that advise you will feel at ease with your decision, but just make sure you do your research.

It's time consuming and confusing. But I feel so much better with my decision after I did my research myself, I didn't go by what someone else said, I made sure I did my research, and I have said before I am so glad I did. Dr. A. does have a excellent reputation. Good luck, hope to hear from you after surgery.:w00t:

hey I had a band by dr. aveces and It is perfect. I am also a ARNP with a surgical background so everything I witnessed was exactly as in the US. They are a great team always availbale to help with questions etc.. email me if you have further questions. Gaby remembers me Carolinecogen@gmail.com

He did mine----and it was a totally wonderful experience! I have and would recommend him highly.

Good Luck!

Kat

I'm also going with DR. ACEVES. My surgery is this Friday. 3/7/08. My aunt went with him and had a great experience. She had is done about 8 months ago and she looks great.

Hope all goes well for you! email me and let me know tamryno@msn.com (I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate my way around this forum.) I'll be thinking about you on Friday!! Tammy