Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 7th

I had all my day before stuff done and now im so excited! didn't think i would need that sleeping pill the doc gave me, but now i'm starting to think i will be too excited to sleep.

funny thing happened while getting tests done at the hospital though. the nurse (male) first had me put the gown on w/ the opening in the front, i got to leave my pants on, then for the next test he said to put the gown on w/ the opening in the back. so i started to, and he was like, "no, wait til i leave the room" it was hilarious.

well i'm going to go have my "last supper" lol then sushi of course before going to bed!

Well, how are you so far, I just "woke" up from a sleepless night..... I am excited..... I hope to see ya there........

:crying:

the sleeping pill helped until about 2 when i woke up and couldnt get back to sleep right away. i felt drowzy as hell, but couldnt sleep. but i guess finally my body gave up and i heard the alarm.

now, i'm still drowzy (thats why cant take sleeping pills in the real world) but for what i need to do today, that should be ok. I'm not a morning person either way, but i do miss my coffee, i miss even the smell. but we arent suppossed to have anything.

i need to get dressed and pack everything back in my bag for our little trek back to the hospital. i just heard they have wireless internet there. yay!

Feeling a little sore and HATING the gas. My surgery center gave me this pain pump kinda thing that has a numbing agent in it that I hand over my neck and is implanted in my surgical site (kinda like an IV). I am suppossed to take it out in 5 days, but it is really a nuisance. I hate the thing. Anyway, I don't feel much like eating but I am trying to get enough liquid in to avoid dehydration. DH wasn't able to get his surgery. The surgeon was worried about his sleep apnea so my husband had a sleep study done and is on a cpap for treatment and then he should be a go for next week. How is everyone else doing?

I was banded Friday as well. Not really interested in the shakes or much of anything else. Have to make a real effort to drink, but drink I will so as not to become dehydrated. Not feeling too badly, a little sore and have a little gas. To be expected, I guess. Hope this day is better! Am still very tired, though.

Hi all March bandsters, Wow, what an amazing experience.

I was banded on friday, and I am home and feeling great on sunday. I met so many people at Hospital Almater, were awesome., wow... Sergio, my first nurse, christopher my 2nd nurse, and of course DR.ACEVES.,awesome surgeon and so professional, but yet so down to earth... Wow., I have never been treated so good, I wanted to stay... ha.lol, but I have kids.... I have so much more to say and I will later right now I need to relax more.

I plan going to work in the morning. OH, and I must say hi! to a few people that I met while I was there , they were having the surgery "lapband: Hi., Cindy, Kathy, Karen, Haily, Barbara, Shirly, did we have fun or what girls, felt like a slumber party ha:lol:.... oh, don't pop those balloons "stomachs":tt2: I gave you.... So, glad you all were there to share this new beginning... with me.and me with you...

Good luck all of you. I can't wait to hear from you...........

Saturday was no fun at all. pains from the gas and a sore throat from the tube, and damn breathing exercises- breathing exercises with a sore throat equals coughing which hurt like hell. i gave up on the breathing execises, but throat seemed so dry and i gave myself a panic attack, felt like i couldnt breath, the nurse came in, gave me a pain pill and held my hand, then i just broke down, like a baby, i just wanted to go home. after i had a nap i was fine.

back home today, i see pizza and left over jack in the box (everyone's habits need to change). the staff from the kitchen at the hospital gave us the recipe for the chicken broth, it was really good! so i came home and made that. everyone else is having a delicious chicken Soup and i am having delicious broth.

work is going to be a bit challenging, since i dont want anyone to know. i am going to take my broth in a cup and warm up and when its time for lunch, i'm still going to order like usual than stir it around on my plate. thats the plan so far anyway. eventually i can let the chef in on my secret somewhat and he'll make my lunch.

Hope everyone else is doing well! For those i didnt get to drop in on saturday, i hope you understand after reading the above.

Congrats to those that are on their way eff 3/7/08!!! I was also banded on Fri by Dr. Spiegel here in Houston. It was easy as pie. Woke up from surgery and immediately felt the gas in my left shoulder. Sitting up slightly in recovery helped immediately. Got to my room around 1:15, then to Radiology for my test. Upon return to my room I was ready to get up and walk that gas out! Nurse seem surprised that I willingly was ready prior to the hour that I was to rest. Got home Sat (worse day-soreness/gas-wise). Walked as often as possible. Slept on & off in between walking. Same for Sunday--couldn't resist a quarter size piece of chicken breast. Chewed it like crazy & ejoyed w/some chicken broth w/no problem. Returned to work on Monday! Am also not interested in sharing with the whole office. Only a handful of people know. No one has questioned why I'm drinking a slim fast for lunch yet. Also, I've noticed an increase of energy and am lovin' it!!! :thumbup: Good luck all & keep in touch! I'd love to share our success!!!

One day at a time and so far, so good! It has not been as difficult as I had imagined! Went out for a walk this afternoon. Fresh air felt good! I will be going back to work tomorrow! That may be a little harder as I have been taking a nap every afternoon since Friday! Oh, well, we'll see what happens. Getting better at the shakes and Water, etc. Looking forward to adding a few things on Saturday. Any 3/7 bandsters from Massachusetts?

Well, how are you so far, I just "woke" up from a sleepless night..... I am excited..... I hope to see ya there........

:thumbup:

Banded 3/7/08. Wow you guys sound like you did just great! I had to stay the night at the hospital due to nausea - I had a real hard time with the surgery itself. Then I had dry heaves, oh boy. The gas was not a problem, just all the meds used. I was discharged on Sat. and now I am fine. Since leaving the hospital I have only used Tylenol every now and then.

I have a question: One of my incisions (the big one), feels like it may have "popped". The incisions are covered with tape and the others have apparent dried blood. The one I'm sorta worried about appears skin colored aboved the actual cut, then blood, and yes clear stuff, but dry now. I don't want to be hysterical - but wondered If I should just let it heal or call the doc. Thanks everyone. We are on our way!

KW

Banded 3/7/08

I too was banded on 3/7/08 in Augusta GA with Dr. Blaney.

I have spent so much time researching, reading and practicing for this deal and I'm glad it's finally done. And it's a good thing that I spent so much time researching - otherwise I'd be scared out of my mind and regretting what I had done to myself.

I spent the night in the hospital - worst sleep I ever got. It wasn't so much the pain as the pain meds (morphine was kinda tripin' me out) and the nurses giggling in the hall at 2am and the aids coming to check my vitals every hour.

I was VERY happy to be home on sat. afternoon. Had a good long nap followed by a fitful night of rest. woke up a couple times but not bad.

Sun. was a good day, I was still on Clear Liquids despite the dr. advice to be on full liquids.< /span>

Mon was BAD. Lots of gas, port area pain, nausea, diarrhea and a lot of general discomfort.

Tues (today) was very good. I got off the pain meds (just Tylenol now) and I was even up for a vet appt. (w/ assistance from my caregiver) and a ride to the grocery store (by myself, looking for some baby food to mix up the Soup routine). I'm still experiencing the gas and diarrhea and have just 1 more day of sick time b4 I’m 'supposed' to go back to work. However, if I’m not at least 90% confident that I can go, I’m not going to push myself.

Yeah shrinking shamrocks! We rock!!

:thumbup:

Banded 3/7/08. Wow you guys sound like you did just great! I had to stay the night at the hospital due to nausea - I had a real hard time with the surgery itself. Then I had dry heaves, oh boy. The gas was not a problem, just all the meds used. I was discharged on Sat. and now I am fine. Since leaving the hospital I have only used Tylenol every now and then.

I have a question: One of my incisions (the big one), feels like it may have "popped". The incisions are covered with tape and the others have apparent dried blood. The one I'm sorta worried about appears skin colored aboved the actual cut, then blood, and yes clear stuff, but dry now. I don't want to be hysterical - but wondered If I should just let it heal or call the doc. Thanks everyone. We are on our way!

KW

Banded 3/7/08

Hi, congrats!!! Oh! I had a great time, it was not as bad as I thought.. after surgery I went to my room, and was ready for a shower and I went walking through the hospital and I met so many woman that had there surgery the same day, and others getting ready for surgery. I really had the easiest recovery, I feel blessed and very lucky I was in such good hands, the staff at Almater Hospital in Mexicali, Mexico they treated me "us" like royality, they put us in the Hosptial Suites with "Plasma tv" leather couch, refrig, etc.. HUGE room fit for a queen and all of the staff was sooo nice and was there when you needed them and even when you didn't they would check on you, even the Dr Aceves made it a point to come and see how I was doing., I met all the Dr's on the team..

I did have fun with it though too.... I felt like a teenager again, walking around in my pj's to all the other girls rooms... I made silly balloons with there names on them, and put a BIG smiley face on it, this was our OLD stomachs!!!!!:cool2: Tried not to make everyone laugh, cause it would make our stomachs tense..., heee. my friend came with me and she is a class clown.....

Ok, as far as the big scar at the top, yea the big one is the sorest one, and it takes more time to heal, as far as it popping I assume you feel the "bump" or it looks a little "bulgy" that's normal, that is supposed to be your port, but you can shower and use a clean washcloth and pat it only, with Water and antibacterial soap but dont' soak in the Water or don't let the water soak your tape, it sounds same as mine, but I am not a Dr., so if you feel like you need to call go ahead., but it sounds just like mine...

You sound like your doing great, keep up the good work.,,

I have lost 7.8 lbs since my surgery friday 3/7/08, I just need to figure out how to change it on my ticker.....

Have a blessed day!:huh2:

Saturday was no fun at all. pains from the gas and a sore throat from the tube, and damn breathing exercises- breathing exercises with a sore throat equals coughing which hurt like hell. i gave up on the breathing execises, but throat seemed so dry and i gave myself a panic attack, felt like i couldnt breath, the nurse came in, gave me a pain pill and held my hand, then i just broke down, like a baby, i just wanted to go home. after i had a nap i was fine.

back home today, i see pizza and left over jack in the box (everyone's habits need to change). the staff from the kitchen at the hospital gave us the recipe for the chicken broth, it was really good! so i came home and made that. everyone else is having a delicious chicken Soup and i am having delicious broth.

work is going to be a bit challenging, since i dont want anyone to know. i am going to take my broth in a cup and warm up and when its time for lunch, i'm still going to order like usual than stir it around on my plate. thats the plan so far anyway. eventually i can let the chef in on my secret somewhat and he'll make my lunch.

Hope everyone else is doing well! For those i didnt get to drop in on saturday, i hope you understand after reading the above.

Hi, girl I was there looking for you, I had my surgery same day. I had such a great time.... I gave everyone a balloon... Where were u? How are you doing? I have lost 7.8 lbs.. and feeling wonderful...

Went back to work today. Did fine until 2 p.m. - I would have come home if things were different today. Oh well, I survived. Looking forward to a shake this evening and let's see...Jello!! Saturday I get to add pudding and yogurt among a few other things. Hope other 3/7's are doing great! I do have quite a burning feeling where I think the port is though and some pain in my left shoulder. Nothing some ibuprofen and tylenol can't fix!

Went back to work today. Did fine until 2 p.m. - I would have come home if things were different today. Oh well, I survived. Looking forward to a shake this evening and let's see...Jello!! Saturday I get to add pudding and yogurt among a few other things. Hope other 3/7's are doing great! I do have quite a burning feeling where I think the port is though and some pain in my left shoulder. Nothing some ibuprofen and tylenol can't fix!

Sapphire,

Please check with your doc about the ibprofen. Mine says none because it irritates the stomach. Just looking out for ya!