Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my band yesterday! YAhooo!

Had my surgery yesterday. Doctor said it went well. Boy do I hate that sleepy feeling you have when you are post-op and trying to wake up and nodding off and then trying to wake up. To me that was the worst part. I had surgery start at 9:30 and at 3:00 pm I was released. I stayed overnight in a motel since home is 3 hours away from the hospital. Was even able to sleep on my side/belly last night. Had some pain meds yesterday but none since then. Today I drove home and just got home a few minutes ago. Feeling pretty good-have some gurgling and the baby hiccups and burps from the gas but surprisingly none of the gas pains from the surgery.

Today I was celebrating my band surgery with a huge steak and eggs Breakfast and couldn't seem to get much of it down......just joking!!!!!!!

Today I don't have any appetite so I have just been taking in some juices/gatorade and for lunch I will try some chicken broth. Just trying to be sure to take in enough fluids for the healing process and not really worrying if I am hungry or not--not trying to force those thoughts of hunger to start just yet-wanting to take it nice and slow and not rush any food (liquid) things just yet. I am trying to just take sips every now and then so that I have liquids in me or flowing thru me constantly.

For minor pains, my neck is sore a touch--don't know if that is from surgey or from sleeping ackward last night. Also I had Ace bandages around my legs since the anti-embolism socks looked like anklets on me and the nurses thought the aces would be better. When I took them off today, I noticed my legs were sore some-it seemed they were a touch tight and caused me the soreness. But I would rather them too tight then too loose otherwise they would not accomplish there purpose.

So I guess I will be on here alot for the next litle bit till I can start doing some other work.

Still wondering if I really have a band in me or did they just pretend to put one in.....lol.

T

wrap the ace wraps snug, not tight, you do not want them to restrict the blood flow either. Start at the ankle and wrap upwards.

There are valves in your veins so it makes a difference which way you go. Good luck I hope you have a easy road of recovery in front you. Take care of yourself. (Beth)

Congratulations on getting your band. It sounds as if your doing really good. Glad you had no problems and I hope your recovery is quick for you! keep us posted on your recovery and weight loss!

Yeeaahhhh Big T... you may want to change your screen name - not gonna be 'BigT' much longer! (LOL)

Hi T

Congratulations on your new band...

Its the beginning of a new life for you..so rest up and take care of yourself :)

Still wondering if I really have a band in me or did they just pretend to put one in.....lol

LOL!!!! I wondered the same thing after my surgery!!!

Sounds like you're doing really well. Glad to hear it! It gets better everyday, so just hang in there and take good care of yourself. Congratulations and welcome to bandland!!!!

Hey Big T

Glad to hear that everything went well. Sounds like you have a winning or should I say losing attitutde right from the start.

Keep us posted, remember to drink lots of small sips of Water and such.

Looking forawrds to lots of updates from you.

Welcome to band land

Congrats Tony!

I saw Dr. Pleatman yesterday for my fill. Everything went well. I asked him about how you were doing, he just smiled.. especially when I said that I knew he couldnt tell me anything because of the privacy laws. I got the impression that all went well.

I definately liked him and plan on having him do my aftercare/fills/followup.

let me know how you are doing!

Pati

Congrads to you, it's great to hear that you are doing so well, much better than me I was on pain meds for 3 days. You have a great veiw on all of this, please keep us posted..

Tara

just wondering... are you a 'girl' T or a 'boy' T? :) (I have no idea, thats why Im asking)