Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 month post-op progress

Including your pre-op diet, how much have you lost since starting this journey?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Including your pre-op diet, how much have you lost since starting this journey?

• I've gained :(
    • Zero, nothing, de nada :(
    • 1-10lb
    • 11-20lb
    • 21-30lb
    • 31-40lb
    • 41-50lb
    • 51-60lb
    • 71-80lb
    • 81lb or more

I am hoping the 2nd time is the charm for me. I go in today. I am eatting my last of my solids right now My fill is at 1:30 so I am eatting now cause only Water 3 hours before

What do you all eat the 2 days after a fill?

What do you all eat the 2 days after a fill?
After a fill I typically have three 4-8oz Protein drinks a day and one or two 4 oz servings of Soup (Ginger Cashew Carrot from Pacific Foods is my new fave) and one or two servings of Special K iced tea w/protein.

I drink chocolate (EAS) but only with added sugarfree DaVinci syrup: peppermint, hazelnut, coconut, caramel, orange, raspberry, chocolate. Sometimes I add berries or canned peaches.

My favorite new vanilla Protein Drink is to mix it with 4 oz soymilk then add 4 oz sugarfree oregon chai concentrate. I also like to make fruit smoothies with added vanilla Protein, or just add some of the Da Vinci Syrup (hazelnut, cinnamon, raspberry, caramel).

Not the most interesting "meals", but it's only two days...

Good luck on your fill - hope it's a good one for you :-)

I Celebrate my two month fromsurgery date on Valentine day and from my home I have lost 34 lbs. (this included one week liquid diet from dec 7th) I took picture of myself and put it in my scrapbook and compare my picture from 2 months ago. It was nicest valentine gift to myself.

:)

I've lost around 35 lbs, but really the majority was during the 7 day pre op, and the 2 weeks post op. I've probably lost 10 since that point. So definately moving slow, but I know it's partly due to me. I'm trying to modify my eating habits, and I'm trying new things, and some days I'm just plain scared of eating something and having it come back up, so I'll eat foods I know are safe, like a Soup that might be higher calories. It's a work in progress, and I'll get it down soon! I'm back on track with Protein drinks, so that's helping.

No restriction from fill #1, and just had fill #2 on Monday, and am on soft foods till Thursday, so no idea yet if I have much restriction. I'm at a 4.5 in a 10 cc band, so I'm betting not much. I hope fill #3 gets me closer. Lord knows if I had will power out the wazoo, I wouldnt have gotten to this weight in the first place!

It is good to see the poll though, as it shows me that I'm right along side of other banded folks!

Best wishes to everyone!

Tina

hi all how we doin! since my last post i have weighed yet again and im down to 236 thats 58 pounds lost so far im excited. my second fill is still doing ok so im not going to aske for another fill yet when i got to my appt on the 4th of march. hope things are well with the rest of ya:thumbup:

Man I just had my 2nd fill yesterday. he put another 3.5 cc in for a total of 8.5cc in a 10cc band. I can feel the restriction today. I sure hope it stays restricted. I have to say I love my Dr. he is the best! He really cares how I feel. and I love the fact he is so agressive with his fills.

I had my 2nd fill yesterday. I'm feeling it, but thats ok. I've lost 25 lbs including pre-op, so 15 since surgery on 12/17/07. Its been a long slow road. I started exercising about a month ago otherwise I don't think that last 5 lbs would have come off at all. I could still eat just about anything and quite a bit of it.

I'm not really frustrated but am sort of amused at my pre-band conception about how this would all work. Funny, I thought I'd get the band, wouldn't be hungry, and the weight would magically fall off. Huh. I read all the posts about eating being a head issue, thought, oh I get that, but I'll change my habits. Yeah right. I still catch myself grazing. I still crave chocolate and Cookies. Those things go down just fine band or no band.

The bright side is I AM down 25 lbs and not UP 25 lbs, so in that sense its a good thing! Just wish it was FASTER!!!!! LOL. (See I lost control there for a minute.) I know in my head that this in going to take time, but in my heart I just want to wake up skinny. Sigh...

congrats to all who is doing well!!! keep it up! whether you lose fast or slow at least its a loss and not a gain!!!!

THAT IS WHAT I KEEP TELLING MYSELF! At least I am not gaining. but when you bounce up and down in 10lb incriments it is really annoying.

ButI do have to say my legs looked normal (no swelling) this morning!

I was so excited about that. My legs are a big issue for me. I have terrible swelling in them some times where socks leave marks on my ankles. I just hope they can finally not be swolen...permanitly. (sorry I cant spell)

You sound just like me. I am so glad we all are in this together. I lost less than I wanted to this last month, but I know I need to exercise more. I haven't been exercising very much. I am considering Curves, I plan on going next week and checking it out. I got my 1st fill yesterday, so I am on liquids, good thing for the jump start on eating less. I don't like getting into the soft foods for the next two days, but that means Wednesday back on regular food. Good Luck all.

I've lost 45 lbs since I started the journey. 30 lbs are since surgery and I would say I lost 15 lbs in the first two weeks post op. So far I have no regrets and I love being able to fit into clothes I have not been able to wear in three years!

I finally tracked down the Dec forum. Hello all.

I had my surgery on Dec 1st. I have lost about 45lbs (15 from pre-surgery - but it all counts!). I went in to have a fill last week and discovered I didn't really need to. I'm still losing 2 lbs a week. I've had restriction since they put the band in. Apparently, I have thick stomach lining and may not need many fills. Finally, my body doing something right :)

I've been very happy with the band so far but find myself eating more than I should. Old habits die hard. I'm going to work on slowing down and taking lots less to start with and taking more if I'm still hungry rather than taking medium amounts and trusting myself to stop when I'm full. It's all an adjustment but I keep reminding myself that I need to change these bad habits for life, not just until I lose the weight.

Live Every Day Like it's On Purpose!

Karen

weight.png

I had my surgery December 20, 2007 and so far I have only lost 19 lbs. I know its my fault I'm losing slowly. I have an extremely busy schedule and I have a hard time eating enough Protein and the right things. I also don't have time for enough exercise. Soon my schedule will lighten up some and I will be rejoining the gym and getting more exercise. I'm doing my best to change my lifestyle so I won't battle the bulge forever. Some of you are doing a really good job in dropping the pounds.

Starting weight- 193

Current weight- 174

Goal weight- 125

4 cc in band

I too am finding it hard to control my eatting. I honestly have to force myself NOT te eat the whole box of girl scout Cookies. I ended up giving them away last night. Something that is extremely difficult for me to do. Even now, I am thinking about saving one box of thin mints incase I want them later. It is a total mind game for me right now. I have 2 fills and it is still not enough restriction. I want to be so restricted that I cant eat bread and I am forced to chew things slowly.

I sure hope it happens soon.

I am more restricted now then just with the first fill. but not enough.