Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 month post-op progress

Including your pre-op diet, how much have you lost since starting this journey?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Including your pre-op diet, how much have you lost since starting this journey?

• I've gained :(
    • Zero, nothing, de nada :(
    • 1-10lb
    • 11-20lb
    • 21-30lb
    • 31-40lb
    • 41-50lb
    • 51-60lb
    • 71-80lb
    • 81lb or more

way to go ladies!!!, you are all doing great.

I am officially 2 months post op. and I had my first fill today. 2cc. I am still in total shock, it was just like everyone said, no pain. The Doc. had to exchange the needle, I guess my port is deep deep down, I was ask to relax then exhale and push out my tummy. thats it done.

As I'm sitting here, I keep shaking my head, I am still tripping out on what just happened. I must be loca!!

I didn't eat all day and was hoping to stop somewhere to eat after my appt. but was told only liquids.

and guess want I'm not hungry. It actually feels like when I first had surgery.

I did lose another 7 Pd's, which is great but I was starting to eat a little more food, so hopefully this fill will put an end to the hunger that was slowly returning.

I do enjoy my food, so I hope I can eat normally with no side effects. I will go with the flow and see what happens

does anyone drink from "sports" bottles (water)? When I had my orientation before the surgery the nurse told me that you get too much air when you drink from Water bottles with spouts- she said only drink from the ones with open mouths. I kinda miss the sport top so I wondered if anyone else has had good or bad experiences with this?

And, how do you post a new question? I had to post this on another thread because I don't know how to create a new one.... Thanks!

Lin

banded 12/20/07

3-1-08- lost 53 pounds

I was told the same thing. And I really like drinking straight from the bottle anyway, you really do get less air. We don't need the extra air for sure. Same with straws but I don't think you get as much air in the straws.

Others - I am finally able to eat a little more after my first fill. I felt the same as everyone and didn't want to eat more. But this last week I hardly ate anything and worried my body would think I was starving and not lose weight. I lost a couple of lbs, so that's good. I ate more today but not too much, got really full.

I also started Curves to do some strength exercises, only went on Friday to get started. I like it, have to get my heart rate down though cause it was too high.

Good Luck All.

check this out ladies, I went to a post-op lapband class today and it was very informative. First thing I found out was although I am losing weight, I am eating to much at one time. I was told to eat only 3 or 4 ozs of food and right now I eat way more than that. I need to start measuring my food or somehow estimate a portion size. I could sure use any suggestions.

I was also weighed on a Tanita Body Compostion Analyzer, this is what it told me about my body

*WEIGHT 247.5

*BMI 41.2

*BMR 7589 kj (?)

1814k cal (calories needed to maintaim current weight) I need to reduce my calories by at least 500 to lose weight

FAT % 49.5 (on my!)

FAT MASS 122.5 (half my weight is fat!)

FFM 125.01 lb

TBW 91.51 lb

DESIRABLE RANGE

FAT% 23-34%

FAT MASS 37.5 TO 64.51 lb

Wow, that's good to know. I read most things need to be fist size. Protein first slowly to get you full, vegetables second they are good for you, and carbs last and the smallest portion is what I am doing. I have been getting my food stuck about once a week, so that surely makes me eat less. I have to jump up and down in the bathroom and hope I'm not doing any damage. Then I have to eat liquidy foods for a day. So as you can see I am eating less. My question is if I am staying under 1000 calories why don't I lose quicker, I am being patient but it is going slow. I am exercising more, Curves, and walking. Curves 3 times a week. I am hoping I will see some lower numbers soon. I got a exercise ball also, I use it when watching TV because I feel the pounds adding on when I just sit.

Ladies we can do it.

I was told if I eat less then 1000 calories your body will stop losing weight. it will go into starvation mode.

That is what I was told.