Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 month post-op progress

Including your pre-op diet, how much have you lost since starting this journey?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Including your pre-op diet, how much have you lost since starting this journey?

• I've gained :(
    • Zero, nothing, de nada :(
    • 1-10lb
    • 11-20lb
    • 21-30lb
    • 31-40lb
    • 41-50lb
    • 51-60lb
    • 71-80lb
    • 81lb or more

Hi everyone

It's been over 2 months since our op for most of us, so I was wondering how the group was going. I am one of the "slow losers" but in many ways, I am working to make it happen that way, so not too worried at this point. So are you a tortoise or a hare?

From my highest at home, I have lost 34 pounds. From the doctors scale, I have lost 30. And I have 4 more days until 2 months out. So I think that is a good thing.

I was in the office the other day and there was several women discussing that they weren't losing fast, and asked what I was doing. None of them exercised. I am exercising 5 days at least for 45 minutes. I think that is the big difference.

I lost 45 lbs . . . BUT that includes 14 lbs pre-op which I started Nov 19, 2007. Maybe the person who lost over 80 started their pre-op early? If NOT . . .HOW DID YOU DO IT? :wink_smile:

It was me - remember my pre-op diet lasted 10 months. I had to lose weight to even have surgery.

I'm very happy with the way things are goin so far. I've lost almost 45 lbs. I've set up a mini goal to get down to 200lbs by St. Patty's Day...so that is about another 17 lbs.

Congrats to everyone! Whether you've lost 10lb or 50lb, just think of this: All of us have been successful! Can you imagine having lost ANY amount of weight over the period December 2006 to February 2007? If you're anything like me, that time of year is a guaranteed GAIN for me, so even though I'm at the low end of the weight loss scale, I'm thrilled with what I've achieved so far.

hello all february 12 was my 2 months post op and i was down 50 pounds and im excited for the great success i have been having looks like everyone else is doing great too!!! my mini goal is to be down another 5 to 10 pounds by the end of the month i will let ya know how im doing.

It was me - remember my pre-op diet lasted 10 months. I had to lose weight to even have surgery.

Ah the mind is a terrible thing to lose Sghatl! I do remember now . . . but I have a 30 second memory . . . and you are doing GREAT! Everyone is . . . Yea US!

i AM GOING ON A CRUSE IN LATE NOVEMBER!!!!!

I am so ready to be smaller for this cruse...it is my first!

I am ready for this!

Any cruse tips let me know!

Oh Cerrin . . . how FUN! I don't really have any advice - because I've only done a small weekend cruise like 10 years ago .. . I'm going to Alaska in May and am really excited . . . I'm crocheting hats and scarves now for me and my friend so we can be out watching the glaciers :wub: Where are you going, and for how long? You will LOVE it!

I'm down about 50pounds..

4th July coming soon, meeting family which I havent seen about year. We going to Las Vegas... so I'll be able to show off my new self =)

I want to be down atleast 30 more pounds before seeing them. That only 6 pounds a month??? I can do that.. lol

Oh Cerrin . . . how FUN! I don't really have any advice - because I've only done a small weekend cruise like 10 years ago .. . I'm going to Alaska in May and am really excited . . . I'm crocheting hats and scarves now for me and my friend so we can be out watching the glaciers :thumbup: Where are you going, and for how long? You will LOVE it!

It is a 7 day cruse to the southern caribbean we are going in november just a bunch of friends. I am so excited. but I wont have a clue about what I will need. ack!

OH Alaska my parents were up there last summer they love it. They drove their 5th wheel up there it is super expensive though.

I'm down about 50pounds..

4th July coming soon, meeting family which I havent seen about year. We going to Las Vegas... so I'll be able to show off my new self =)

I want to be down atleast 30 more pounds before seeing them. That only 6 pounds a month??? I can do that.. lol

Of course you can do it Ant! You've been doing wonderfully anyway . . . 6 lbs a month for you should be NO PROBLEM . . . and if you are a couple lbs shy of your goal . . .just stand outside in an asphalt parking lot for 10 minutes in Vegas in July . . . you'll melt away with no problem! Great job! Keep it up.

(I remember walking across a parking lot there once, and the bottoms of my sandals were melting and sticking to the ground .. . ughhhhh).

I'm still hovering about 268-270....go in for my third fill on the 3rd. I can still eat about 1-2c of food. I hope the third time is the charm.