Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Hi everyone I haven't posted in awhile . Well I haven't heard from Dr. Hoffman's office about a seminar either. Should I call or just wait?

I had left side pain from the gas they used to blow up the cavity for at least three weeks. The only relief was time.

Take the medicine tonight to sleep, I am sure you will be able to drive tomorrow.

Hi everyone I haven't posted in awhile . Well I haven't heard from Dr. Hoffman's office about a seminar either. Should I call or just wait?

How long have you been waiting for a seminar, they had one October 16 I think it was. Maybe you better call if you have been waiting for a while, you might have fallen off the list for some reason.

Bugs, just make sure you are calling the right office. It is not Hoffman's office that calls you, it is the bariatrics clinic. 859-1168.

One more question. Does anyone have gurgling where their band is? I THINK I had some hunger today. Or my stomach was upset from the Protein bullet drink. :eek:

Linda, You should be off the Protein Drinks by now. I guess your stomach might be growling if you are not eating food yet.

I did not call Val about walking tomorrow. I have a sore throat, I would consider walking though if the weather is good.

Judy because I am eating such little amounts of food my directions say to have 4 oz Protein supplement 3x a day. I am still on pureed. On Tuesday and for the next four weeks when I am on soft the instructions say Protein supplements continue to be mandatory and ideally you should consume 20 gms of prtein a day from supplement. So I continue to supplement. Although I am trying to eat high protein food like eggs and tuna I am still only eating 1 1/2 cups of food a day.

Is there a way to contact the dietician between visits? I want to ask when I can add my metamucil to the diet.

Take care of yourself and stay out of this miserable weather! I too have a little cold and am sucking on Coldezze to try and keep it at bay.

Judy because I am eating such little amounts of food my directions say to have 4 oz Protein supplement 3x a day. I am still on pureed. On Tuesday and for the next four weeks when I am on soft the instructions say Protein supplements continue to be mandatory and ideally you should consume 20 gms of prtein a day from supplement. So I continue to supplement. Although I am trying to eat high protein food like eggs and tuna I am still only eating 1 1/2 cups of food a day.

Is there a way to contact the dietician between visits? I want to ask when I can add my metamucil to the diet.

Take care of yourself and stay out of this miserable weather! I too have a little cold and am sucking on Coldezze to try and keep it at bay.

The dieticians were hard to reach, you can try the clinic number and leave a message I guess. I know they had me on Fiber right from the beginning, but I do not want to advise you. There may be a reason they are having you wait. I was using fiber in my Protein Shakes. I still use it because there never seems to be enough room for vegetables after the protein, even now.

Take care, talk to you soon.

Judy, what kind of fiber? The metamucil turns to jelly in your glass if you don't drink it right away so I understand when they said not yet on that. I also have ground flaxseed which I guess I could add to my oatmeal and maybe cottage cheese. I am amazed I am not hungry yet.

Judy, what kind of fiber? The metamucil turns to jelly in your glass if you don't drink it right away so I understand when they said not yet on that. I also have ground flaxseed which I guess I could add to my oatmeal and maybe cottage cheese. I am amazed I am not hungry yet.

Benefiber, it is clear and does not gel. I thought it is what they told us to get on the list, but I can not remember for sure.

i get that linda if i drink too fast

Not that I'm surprised; but I was never told when to come off of soft foods. I did a week of puree, a week of soft, then moved to normal. Though, I do still eat mostly soft food and puree in my mouth anyway. But still--what's up with leaving that part out? I just figured it was a week of soft then to normal, you know?

I'm thinking that I haven't been losing as much of my weight as I thought I would. Granted, my exercise has been minimal but I'm still doing it. I bet the fill on next Tuesday will be much needed. It's funny how my nervousness about weighing in has not and probably will never diminish.

Bloom I am on soft till my six week checkup. one week of puree and then 4 weeks of soft. I am ready for different eating. I go to more "real" foods tomorrow.

To whoever asked about the seminar, I was at BGH and I heard that they invited to many to the next seminar and were calling some to ask them to reschedule. I wouldn't want to be on either end of that phone call!

I have having a very bad day and food is my comfort. If I wasn't so darn scared of the pain and consequences I would be eating something forbidden. As is I ate a little more than I should. If this was my old life I would be overeating or at least eating something non healthy for dinner. So I guess thank you band. Also I hate not being able to drink after I eat.

You guys must be tired of hearing me complain! Really bad timing with getting the band and a crisis at home. Sigh. I wish I was one of those people who couldn't eat when upset or stressed. I would be so skinny! LOL

Not that I'm surprised; but I was never told when to come off of soft foods. I did a week of puree, a week of soft, then moved to normal. Though, I do still eat mostly soft food and puree in my mouth anyway. But still--what's up with leaving that part out? I just figured it was a week of soft then to normal, you know?

I'm thinking that I haven't been losing as much of my weight as I thought I would. Granted, my exercise has been minimal but I'm still doing it. I bet the fill on next Tuesday will be much needed. It's funny how my nervousness about weighing in has not and probably will never diminish.

I was on a week of liquid, a week of pureed and a week of soft. Then I went on to regular food, although most of it was soft for about a month, but it was by choice, I was afraid to eat really firm foods. Yes, the weight loss is slower for me too. But you figure to lose one pound you have to burn 3000 extra calories. I am only spending 3 hours a week on exercise. I am probably losing one a week or so from the reduced eating, but he said that I have to exercise more if I want to lose faster. I am working on it, but slowly!!!

Dont you think it is really good timing? You are getting better while dealing with your crisis. Think about what you would gain if you did not have the band. This is better, right?