Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

bought a pedometer back in the fall, trying to do those 10,000 steps. do u guys realize how far 10.000 steps are holy crap! anyway, i'll check it out and maybe get a spare in case i lose mine too....lol..

got upgraded to pureed food fri. didn't think puree'd Soup would be soooo goood and edies sf ice cream and yogurt mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmm..... off to Hoffmans tues, think i'm up a couple lbs again....really sucks to gain weight when u dont eat much....MENOPAUSE....!!!! :biggrin:

i thought it was great, i signed up also

Good Morning

You guys are funny, sorry I missed tht the other day.

Vicki - so how far is 10,000 steps? I walked 6 miles and I take short steps, about 100 per block, so I should do it there. On the elliptical i do average of 125 min for hr is 7500 omg I better pick that up!

Hope you are feeling better and getting some food :biggrin:

Anyone have an appointment tomorrow with Hoffman? I will be there at 11:15.

Anyone have an appointment tomorrow with Hoffman? I will be there at 11:15.

I do Rain, but not until 1:45 :thumbup: wish I could have seen you.

Good Morning

You guys are funny, sorry I missed tht the other day.

Vicki - so how far is 10,000 steps? I walked 6 miles and I take short steps, about 100 per block, so I should do it there. On the elliptical i do average of 125 min for hr is 7500 omg I better pick that up!

Hope you are feeling better and getting some food :thumbup:

Yeah, one day I had a ton of running around to do and shopping and a craft show etc.......and still didn't get close to 10,000 steps. what is he nuts???:thumbup:

how did u make out rain?

It was kinda funny. I gained like 20 lbs since December but the Dr didnt know I was pregnant. So he was like hmm its not the holidays so what happend. And I was like I was impregnated and its a boy! So he was relieved to know that I wasnt gaining weight like crazy for no reason. I also got 1cc put back in so that might slow me down a little (I hope)

How did your appt go?

It was kinda funny. I gained like 20 lbs since December but the Dr didnt know I was pregnant. So he was like hmm its not the holidays so what happend. And I was like I was impregnated and its a boy! So he was relieved to know that I wasnt gaining weight like crazy for no reason. I also got 1cc put back in so that might slow me down a little (I hope)

How did your appt go?

that is funny Rain, how did he not know? anyway I stayed the same as last weight, even though i lived on ice chips for 2 weeks, and so he told me i could advance my diet and not to be afraid to eat and so when I left there i stopped at wegmans and bought a rottiserie chicken and some cottage cheese. came home and had like three bites of each and got stuck!!!! I was mortified, I started salivating and thought I was going to throw up, did nose breathing yada yada, took small sips of iced tea and went in the bathroom and pb'd. OMG, I was so scared and still am. hope my band is still in place. wow. so slow and steady. I have nothing in the band,so i must still be swollen. anyway I go back in 6 weeks, so i'll probably be back up by then too.....:)

that is funny rain...how could he not know

So you know how I got 1cc back in, well I didnt think it would make a difference. I went out to eat last night with my dad and got a sandwich. Yikes not a good idea. Totally had to go to the bathroom two times and bring it back up. So I guess the food party Ive been having for the past 3 months is over!!!

I was in and saw Dr Posner for my consultation on March 8th and he set a surgery date of May 4, 2010. I didn't think I would be this nervous, did anyone else get cold feet or is it just me?

im sure we all got a little nervous maggie...i know i waited a lot longer than you for my surgery date but still u are nervous

Actually this whole process has taken longer than I expected (so you would think I would be ready by now...LOL) I got the application and sent ALL my paperwork (Dr's notes, letter from my doctor, etc.) in June 2009, I had my phsyc evail done in Aug (on my own) and still never got into a seminar until November and then I never had my 3 hr meeting with Barb until 01/28/10. So this whole process has almost taken me a year, and as of now I'm still waiting to see if they can get the insurance to approve it. Did it take this long for everyone else?? Maybe I'm just an impatient person :wub: LOL

And does anyone else think the office is chaotic, my appointment was at 1:45 and Dr Posner never came in until after 2:00 then someone came in and got him for a meeting, so I waited and it was near 4:00 before I got out of there, and i wont even mention what happened with the billing last time I was in there :sad: But Melissa is fixing that, Thank God

it took me 9 months. and yes the office is chaotic...lol