Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 20th

Busy- I bought this thing from GNC that look like a tube shots and they are called ProteinSlam and made by cnp professional. It is only 2.9 oz and has 27 grams of Protein in one. So you get a lot of Protein in and it is only 3 oz. I am trying to space my protein out try to get protein in every two hours or so to try to keep my energy level up. I know you said you had trouble getting all that Fluid in so maybe something like that may help.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will def. try this. Today my get up and go seems to have got up and went!! Although I have done 2, 10 minute sessions on the tredmill, my chair has been my best friend!! DH changed bandages today and seems like the port site is numb, figure it is the same for everyone but it is a strange feeling. Thanks again Lauryn! I will be hitting GNC tomorrow!

Well, I'm not as swollen today and able to take in a little more on the liquids. I'm just having a really hard time with the Protein shakes (the taste) so I think I may go tomorrow and see if I can find those Protein Shots you're talking about Lauryn.

I have quite a bit of bruises. but then the cuts are really small so I'm thinking maybe that's because of the way they had to manuver things in those tiny holes.

I go back to work tomorrow. I'm hoping I make it the whole day, but I may not.

T

T, good luck at work today, I am not returning until Wed. although I feel really good today. Protein, whipped yogart, no fruit chunks, 4 oz, has 5 grams in it and does not make me feel full. I have realized that in this stage I will be grazing all day long to get in 50 - 70 grams of protein in. The Unjury chicken Soup is really good, 20 grams protein. I also have ordered the unflavored Protein Powder and can add that to bullion, tom. soup, or anything else to boost the protein. I also am hunting the Protein Shots, I figure even if they taste bad I can handle 3 oz!!

Texas good luck with work.

And I love the tube things(fruit punch is my favorite). Usually I just sip on it for about an hour. They also have ones that are 45 grams of Protein. you can find them on GNC website. I think they come in fruit punch and peach.

I Also really like the carnation instant breakfast(sugar-free of course). I usually have one of those in the morning with a scoop of unjury-unflavored and two cups of milk. I think it turns out to be about 30 g of Protein and it does not taste bad at all.

Has anyone been walking? I've been walking every day but I think I pushed myself to hard yesterday. I really felt sore last night. I am still trying to figure out how much i can do at this point.

Congratulations to all March 20th bandsters! It's my 5th day post-op and I'm feeling a bit better today. Growing tired of liquids. I have the AP Large band with 5 cc all together. What kind of band do you have?

Good Luck to us all!! :wink:

Hey!

I am doing pretty good. I feel like the swelling has gone down some. I am stiff and a little sore. I still have some gas pain in my shoulders and in the front between my breast. I finally got the heating pad out and that seems to be help. I have need the pain medicine.

I am still having a hard time getting all of the liquids and Protein in. I have been taking short walks. I did walk around the block yesterday very slow.

I am so scared to push the liquids. I always ate just to eat and I know I don't want to eat. I had my first tummy rumble this my morning to actually want something to eat (drink).

It is so nice to have other people at the same stage you are for feedback.

Lauryn, what are the tube fruit things? I saw something today that was 50 grams and was in a little sleeve thing. About $1.29 each. Is that what you are talking about? Also, I never thought of 2 cups of milk with the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury & carnation instant Breakfast. Good Idea!

Nava, they did not tell me what size band I have. I have my 1st visit on 04/04. I will ask him then.

Sahmof3, I feel pretty good today and thought my swelling had gone down. Put my normal jeans on and it hurt to snap them!!! Thats OK, it will happen. I am having pain in my left shoulder that hurts so much I bit my DH's head off today. Then I had to apoligize and explain to him why I snapped. He understood and gave me a shoulder rub but we don't snap at each other. I really felt bad! I am trying to walk a total of 30 minutes per day, don't always reach it. As far as the stomach rumble, my stomach has rumbled and growled since the 2nd day. I'm not hungry and my grandchildren got a kick out of it when they were here for Easter. I hope this does stop soon!

Lauryn, what are the tube fruit things? I saw something today that was 50 grams and was in a little sleeve thing. About $1.29 each. Is that what you are talking about? Also, I never thought of 2 cups of milk with the unjury & carnation instant Breakfast. Good Idea!

If you go to GNC.com and type cnp professional into search they should come up.

Yeah I really like the milk with the instant breakfast. With 2 cups it is over 12 oz. though so it takes a little longer to drink.

And my stomach has been rumbling also. It is finally starting to calm down today.

Hi All,

Yesterday I had several tummy rumbles, but I didn't really want anything. I found the Protein bullets at GNC today. I bought peach and fruit punch, all they had were the 45's. I didn't care for the peach, I've watered it down and I'm going to try a little splenda in it and see if that helps. It's pretty bitter to me. I'll try the fruit punch tomorrow.

I worked all day and made it. I did have one little episode where I sort of felt like I might get sick, but it passed and I just laid off the drinks for a little while.

I still haven't been able to comfortably get in the full amount of liquid they want you to, but each day I think as the swelling goes down it gets a little easier.

T

Hi Guys,

Do any of you have a flutter feeling around your port cut? I would say there is a baby in there if I didn't know better. I can't feel my port so I don't have any idea what this is.

My port area is still kinda numb so no, I don't have a flutter feeling. When I change the bandage there is still a dull feeling. I wonder how long b/4 the strips fall off.

I still have some numbing also, but there is something that moves under my skin. I don't know if it is the tube to the port or what.

I still have some numbing also, but there is something that moves under my skin. I don't know if it is the tube to the port or what.

Have you seen the Alien movies??? :thumbup: (Sorry)

Call the nurse tomorrow and ask her if she knows what it is, could it be air in the tube?