Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Stupid S&^t we Say...

Did you write this just for me???

I realized last week that I needed a fill because I was waking up hungry and could eat an actual whole sandwich. I called and have an appointment for Friday morning.

Between the call and this moment, it's like I'm putting good eating behavior on hold and eating crap just because I can. It's not going to get me to my goals any quicker and I've got to stop.

Thanks for starting this dialogue. I love this site for this very reason. You can always find something that speaks to you regardless of where you are in the process.

Very well said OH Juli, and so very very true! Great thread Sonia! Love to hear that these thoughts bumping around in my noggin are not alone ;-) KKG

For me it is the "I have never lost in the past with out gaining it all back. Why should this be any different."

So it gives me the excuse to eat?! NO Cerrin dont eat! well Dont eat the bad food! Eat the healthy food.< /p>

Ugg could I for once win the battle with my brain!

I think those thoughts come out of fear. You've been X size for so long. Shedding the excess and changing your body shape so drastically is going to bring up any emotional issues, such as fear.

For me, the problem will be what do I blame? I've been able to blame being fat for a very long time for anything that went wrong. Someone didn't like me cause I was fat. I didn't get the job cause I was fat. I won't spend lots of money on really nice clothes cause I'm fat (and might lose weight then all the money is wasted). etc etc etc. When all the fat is gone, what am I going to blame?

Awww...we all do it! I just think it is a bit of the "old me" popping up. The one that got me to my pre-op weight in the first place. Even though the band is a great tool to help us physically change our bodies, sometimes I think our minds lag behind. I know that in my case, my weight gain was very much psychological. I ate to soothe many negative feelings....anxiety, stress, sadness, crankiness, exhaustion, disappointment, etc. Now that we don't turn to food anymore, those thoughts just pop up sometimes. Hopefully, the positive changes in our minds will soon catch up to the positive changes in our bodies. In the meantime, keep busy with activities that make you feel good....exercise, a mani and pedi, a nice warm bath, or playing with your pets...whatever! Just find something to occupy your mind when those pesky negative thoughts pop in!

The one that is plaguing me the most recently is an old variation of the "I'll re-start my diet on Monday" trap instead I've been telling myself "I won't eat anymore... Valentines candy, Ice Cream, Rice pudding, *Fill in the Blank* once what I already have in the house is gone." Problem is once one pit-fall has been removed (via my stomach) another one always pops up.

The one that is plaguing me the most recently is an old variation of the "I'll re-start my diet on Monday" trap instead I've been telling myself "I won't eat anymore... Valentines candy, Ice Cream, Rice pudding, *Fill in the Blank* once what I already have in the house is gone." Problem is once one pit-fall has been removed (via my stomach) another one always pops up.

OMG Diane---you almost make it sound like it isn't "law" that diets cannot begin until either the following Monday or until all the crap is safely out of the house (via my mouth!)!!!

I am not commonly known for following rules, but I ALWAYS follow this one!!! Heaven help me!!! Sorry--but is kinda nice knowing I am not alone in this fool myself scheme!!!

Kat

One trick that use to work for me in the past was to make some tasty homemade Protein puddings then freeze them until they were the consistency of icecream before eating them. I'd eat one most nights before bed. Then during the day whenever I was tempted to eat something high cal/high carb that I ought not I'd remind myself of the healthy *treat* I had waiting for me that night.

Only for the last several months I have been too lazy to take the time to make the puddings to have on hand when I'm tempted. And telling myself if you don't cheat now, you can spend an hour tonight prepping a healthier treat just doesn't work near as well as knowing it is already there and waiting.

One trick that use to work for me in the past was to make some tasty homemade Protein puddings then freeze them until they were the consistency of icecream before eating them. I'd eat one most nights before bed. Then during the day whenever I was tempted to eat something high cal/high carb that I ought not I'd remind myself of the healthy *treat* I had waiting for me that night.

Only for the last several months I have been too lazy to take the time to make the puddings to have on hand when I'm tempted. And telling myself if you don't cheat now, you can spend an hour tonight prepping a healthier treat just doesn't work near as well as knowing it is already there and waiting.

That pudding idea sounds good, do you have a recipe? If so, would you mind sharing. Thanks. KKG

That pudding idea sounds good, do you have a recipe? If so, would you mind sharing. Thanks. KKG

Sure but this is probably not the thread to do it. Infact I felt a bit bad posting the comment about the puddings at all as this is a thread for us to vent our head issues not to actually tell each other how to "fix them". But I'd be glad to PM it to you or post it on a recipe thread.

My clothes are so ridiculously huge (some 26/28 and now wear a 20)... and it makes me feel so sloppy... not to mention makes me feel bad when people say,"Wearing those makes you look bigger."

But you know what - I'm just happy the clothes are big and hanging off of me than tight like they were!

My new favorite "I really shouldn't eat this but I am still eating way less than I did before the band." Gotta love it!

Ghost dont feel bad about posting the pudding comment!! Heck even i thought ooooo wonder how you make that!

i found myself last night since i dont want to lay there mentally talking crap about myself - that i have started thinking crap about the hubby!! ... sheesh! i think i was a nicer person when i just critized myself! Now no one is safe.... hehehhe :)