Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Stupid S&^t we Say...

hi friends

so this week was actually pretty good. I stayed focused, drank oodles of Water, focused on my Protein, logged what I ate and didn't eat just to pass time. And the scale finally moved! Plateau busted?!!

Then last night i'm laying in bed and the stupid crap pops in my head...

"Why am I in such a hurry to get these last 30 pounds off, i can't afford to buy new clothes let alone new unders or bras."

WTF! Why do we try to stall ourselves with loads of mental crap. :thumbup:

This morning I told myself to shut it - these last pounds are done. i dont care if i get so healthy that i am safety pinning clothes to fit better!

So i figured maybe we need a thread to post the stupd crap we think. We have all thought it. We're not alone. And once its posted - its out of our heads and holds no power.

anythings possible.... :biggrin2:

I think one of the dumbest things I do is when I am not restricted and I start eating more than I should. Next thing I know, the scale has gone up a bit instead of down. Simple resolution is to go to the doctor for a fill, right? Wrong, I put it off because I am embarrassed because I have gained weight, which results in my gaining more weight. Dummy, that is the purpose of the fills, to restrict me, I need to learn to make that appointment as soon as I lose restriction, lol.

Cognitive distortions. Same reason we justify waiting until Monday to start the diet. E.g. one that a banded friend of mine is dealing with when she thinks of her upcoming cruise - "I hope I don't lose weight between now and then or I won't have any clothes to wear. I need cute things to wear, so I better work at staying this same weight." When is that a good idea???

Stupid crap I think - "This is all I'm going to lose, thanks everyone for all the help."

LOL---I was reading this and thinking of myself always planning to start the diet on Monday....uh huh sure I did!!!! So I could have a hey day through the weekend!!!

Kat

OMG, I am full of those "stupid" thoughts. I am always in a inner war, one side that is always hungry and won't rest until full, the other that feels shameful and embarrased for eating and not having control. It seems like I never have a balance without the restriction. THanks for the tread.

For once, I decided to jump into a diet, and did it THAT DAY. No waiting, or anything like that. I'm counting calories, and I'm trying REALLY HARD not to justify going over on Sundays. I went over one Sunday, I had been logging everything for 2 weeks, and wanted one drink that would take me over and decided to do it. This past Sunday I almost went over, but I had to make myself stop. There's no reason to have a "free day" really. Of course by "over" I mean like 200 calories over my 1300 limit, but if I allow it one day, then it'll be 2 days...

Did you write this just for me???

I realized last week that I needed a fill because I was waking up hungry and could eat an actual whole sandwich. I called and have an appointment for Friday morning.

Between the call and this moment, it's like I'm putting good eating behavior on hold and eating crap just because I can. It's not going to get me to my goals any quicker and I've got to stop.

Thanks for starting this dialogue. I love this site for this very reason. You can always find something that speaks to you regardless of where you are in the process.

.... You can always find something that speaks to you regardless of where you are in the process.

Exactly! I am so glad I wasn't alone!

I've been justifing eating everything because I made the decision to have the band but haven't got it yet, and DH is such a inabler sometimes he said aw F it you're going to loss it all again anyway. :thumbup: Love that man he just wants me happy so I'll keep cooking all the crap thats making him fat too. But he's 6'3" and 240 large frame and I'm 5'2" and 208 small frame. that 13 inches in height warps his thinking. but I'm a big dummy for letting myself believe that crap.

don't get me wrong DH really is supportive and loving he just lives by the rule that if i'm happy he's happy and really means it:wub:

I got a fill this past Tuesday and had to be on liquids for 3 days. Of course, I saw this as a great opportunity to drink sweet tea and milkshakes :thumbup:. My thought was, "well, I need to get in some sort of calories." Thinking back on it, it was stupid thought. Sometimes our heads get the best us!

Mine is, "I haven't eaten much today, so now I can eat anything I want." Thank heaven for the band that stops me from REALLY eating anything I want.

I've caught myself adding up calories on my fingers for lunch and Breakfast to see if cheating with some potato chips would be "feasible"......I wanted to kick my ass!!! As if THAT were feasible......LOL

I keep telling myself that the last 28lb doesn't have to come off as fast as the rest of it did. I can take my time. WHY... so I don't have to work so hard. WRONG it has to come off or I will never take it off.

I've been fooling myself with the good ole' "I never really thought I'd get down to the size I am now so why should I fret over losing these last 20 pounds?"

Yet if I really didn't care why do I keep beating myself up like I'm some sort of failure? I really need to give myself a proverbial kick in the arse and either decide I'm happy where I'm at and quit with all the self loathing or get up and actually do something to lose those pounds and be done with it. Other than just whining ofcourse

Oh yeah I forgot the other stupid c**p I keep telling myself which says that I'm so behind on things around the house both physically and financially that I should just put aside trying to lose these last pounds and focus on maintaining until I get caught up on the other areas of my life.

This one actually seems to be the worse line of cr@p for me as its the main excuse both my DH & I usually give for not investing the time and money in joining a gym yet. Ofcourse I've found the money and time to get a membership to a local massage spa. So much for priorities.