Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share PB Stories

Who wants to play, “Worse place I’ve ever PBed” game with me?

I know it will freak out the newbies, but I see the humor in the hard or embarrassing lesson learned. I’m not advocating weight loss by way of PBing, holy cow though do we have some crazy stories out there.

Any takers? Here’s mine:

A few weeks back I had an early flight. In the rush to get to the airport we passed on Breakfast and coffee. Once we were situated in the concourse area of the airport I stood in a long line to get coffees, a muffin and a pecan roll. I thought I’d get the muffin, but my friend opted for it. So I was left with a pecan roll. What the heck I thought, I was HUNGRY, but then they started boarding the plane! I gobbled my food. They took my boarding pass let me walk down the thingy to get on the plane and I knew I was gonna hurl. There were people in front of me, and behind me. You know it is waiting to get your seat on a plane.

I rooted around in my bag and found souvenir bag, emptied as fast as I could and urped right there. Whew. Got to my seat did it again with this poor stranger shoulder to shoulder with me. I tried to be dainty and discreet…but ugh. I feel pretty fortunate that I’m quick to PB when I error. There are some who agonize for hours before they get rid of the stuck food.

So do tell. Give us your story.

:glare: great post, but yuck yuck yuck....thanks for sharing

I've only slimed so far...but the last time was the worst...

I was in Philly with my dh this weekend for a night away from the kids. We went to Irish Pub for dinner and I got stuck. We got back to the hotel and dh went downstairs to get me some pineapple juice from the bar. It seemed to do the trick, so I leaned over the give him a thank you kiss...which turned deeper...until I started to get the dry heaves and had to run to the bathroom and slime into the toilet...There's sexy for ya!!!

rain

Well, walking out of Walmart at the beach w/ my twin sister and niece. It came up going to the car and it was a big bubble. My sister freaked!

Meeting my twin sisters new beau, he took us to a Japanese steakhouse...you know where they cook in front of you. I got up 5 times during dinner. He leaned in to my sister and asked if I had diarehha.

hahahah

Now? I ate supper at the sink. A few bites, slime...a few bites more...slime some more. Right down the garbage disposal. salad is so good I have to have some every once in a while!

About a month ago I was in chinatown for lunch with a good friend who knows about the band, and an acquaintance that I don't know too well. I was in a rush to meet them and raced into the restaurant and decided to just order soup... wonton soup... bad idea! I slimed once in the bathroom at the restaurant and then I fell behind when we were all walking away from the restaurant and slimed right there on the street! THEN the other woman left and my friend knew I was in trouble .... we went into starbucks and there was a line for the bathroom... I couldn't wait and a giant slime in the trash can at starbucks... my friend tried to block me.. what a good friend!

I've made a few dashes to the bathroom praying noone stops me for a question or a chat!!

My worst one was I got stuck about 10 minutes after I ate. I had breakfast w/ DH and was driving to work when I could no longer swallow my spit. I start salivating like crazy but decide I can "maintain" until I get to the office.

As I get out of the car, I choked on my own spit and hurled in the parking garage. We have cameras everywhere!!! Thank God none of our security guards said anything :thumbup:

Now I scope out the bathroom at any restaurant that I'm in.

I wanna play...I wanna play!

This just happened yesterday and I posted in on another thread. I have been at a conference at the Disneyland Hotel this week. I've tried to make some good choices, but also have cocktails daily and foods I don't normally eat. I have not PB'd in a long time so I forget sometimes. But the lunch one yesterday was the worst by far: (the following was posted yesterday)

Ok...PB'd this morning on an 1/2 omlette...then was soooo sick all morning (sick feeling in tummy) I had pretzles and 7up after that. Then picture this...2200 people, sitting in this large garden setting for lunch, it was 75 outside and beautiful. Although I gave up bread for lent, I was having the bottom piece of a sandwhich (my tummy has been nauseated all day). I took 1 sip of 7up...and OMG...I am looking around for the bushes. I barely made it away from EVERYONE (not even away...just not at the tables) eating food and PB'd in the bushes. Only about 20 people saw and bout 50 heard and I projectile PB into the bushes. How cute am I?

Oh wow, those are some great or horrifying depending on your pov, stories. LOL

I needed a few weeks before I could write about mine, Pamela you get props for posting on the same day!

I know there have to be more, come on people.

Ok...obviously I jinxed myself...

I just had my first official pb... in my bathroom with the twins screaming and banging on the bathroom door... They were so offended that they weren't allowed in.

ummm...that's not fun!

FYI...emotional eating not only doesn't help you feel better... it hurts like hell!!!

Oh...and when you aren't able to handle solids in the am...that means chocolate chip Cookies as well...duh!!!

Rain

:wub:okay, i'm game too...just had 2 nd fill rushing back to work for surprise coworkers farwell party that I had to bring the Desserts. I was so hungry from all running around when I took a little bite of a crossant type thing... up it came... me spitting up all over myself HORRIFIED!!!! Couldn't wipe it off my pants...unble at that point to even attempt using a public bathroom. Worst yet was the xtra Water in my belly from the dr's office that i drank after the fill to test it out..I was a mess... I just wanted to crawl under a rock a hide. I had to call a coworker to meet me at my car and made a story about being sick and had to go home... NIGHTMARE

Well, I've had quite a few, but my most memorable was one of my first. Drove by Taco Cabana and on a whim (ha!) decided to veer in and get a taco. Also got a small frozen margarita which was SOOOOO good, but the cold I think closed me up and my taco couldn't go down. Tossed the rest of the taco and threw away the margarits (waaaahh!), got in the car and headed home. About 3 minutes later I was sliming and knew a pb was coming. All I had in the car was a bottled Water. Hurredly dumped out the window and then tried to daintily puke into the bottle. There's some real physics involved in this operation....high volume of something trying to project into a small necked receptical....it was awful!:crying: Now I keep a little stash of "barf bags" in the car at all times.:)

i was banded on 04/21/08. i get to start mushies on 05/06/08 but i just couldn't wait. (no lectures, please).

friday is "doughnut day" at work. i didn't even want one but i ate one. i started feeling stuck and then the hiccups started. i wasn't sure what was going to happen since it's never happened before. luckily i was smart enough to walk to the bathroom.

i gagged and out came the entire doughnut. it reminded me of cat vomit the way it came out in one long strand of food.

needless to say, i'm back on liquids and have learned the hard way that i need to learn to eat slowly!