Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gday aussie gal just banded

Hi hi

My name is Ky and I was banded on the 5th of Feb

I dont have alot of support so I thought I would join a forum and hopefully meet some lovely people!!

I was 196kgs when I saw the surgeon. I was 187kgs at banding. I have a lonnnnnnnnnng way to go but I have a goal of 70kgs myself. My doc has a goal of 100 so we will see who is right haha

I am still very sore today and cant wait til I can start exercising and concentrating on getting this weight off

Hope to talk to lots of you here

:glare:

hey ky theres a few aussie on here me being 1 of them im gettin mine done on the 26th feb n cant wait.. with all the great out comes u hear on here it will be a great support system for u, and there is always some 1 here to comment and help.. i hope u do fabulous keep us posted.. sal

Hi Aussie girls...good luck to you both. Have been to your lovely country a number of times. Had two exchange students live with us ten years back and keep in contact with them and their families almost daily. I miss them terribly and hope to get back to your country next Feb. Both my husband and I feel that Australians have to be the friendliest people God put on this earth.

Got a little off the subject. Kygie...hope your healing process is a short one. Aussiechik...hope to be hearing soon that your surgery is over and you are on the mend. AUSSIES ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Ky

Congratulations you have taken the first step. I am still waiting for the surgery (19th March). I am also from Australia.

Good luck girls

Waiting I think for me was the hardest although I did only have to wait three months from the time I saw the surgeon to being banded. BUT it comes n hits u on the butt so fast and ur packing ur slippers for hospital thinking this was only a dream yesterday!!! Where is aust are you both.

I know im just new to this but if i can help or you got any questions fire them away.....I didnt have very much support at first and its nice to talk to others who understand where youve been where u have stood still and now where you are going to and thats doooooooowwwwwwwwwwwn for us gals hehee

Heya Lilo

We are friendly me espesh atm coz im on a liquid diet therefore cant bite hehehe!!!!

hope to talk to u more soon Lilo I send ya lots a hey mates from a sunny Aussie house

Ky

ooooooooooo awesome to see some more aussie gals n hopefully guys here thisledo im doin it tough too compared to some people who I have spoken to guess thats what god gives us :thumbup:

we will all get there in the end no matter how it started

Hi she smiles awesome weight loss congrats!!!!!!!

looking forward to talking to u all on here

Ky

Hi Kygie,

Just want to say that I love your butterfly quote. Thanks for having this in your signature!

My recovery was unpleasant to say the least. Listen to your body as it's healing. Take it easy. I understand your enthusiasm for wanting to exercise. Start with short walks when you're ready. I think some folks try to do too much too soon, and then they end up with setbacks.

Congratulations on a successful surgery!

thank you crazy4myk9 I have spent so long feeling like an ugly caterpiller and I knew inside was the butterfly just waiting to break out and fly free.

The thoughts of not having to think before going places

-can i fit in the chair

-are the isles big enough

-will i fit through the turnstile

-how small is the toilet cubicle

-will the seat belt do up in that car

Life is about preparing for things but it will be nice to do things that others take for granted they can do everyday!!!

Ky

So true, Ky! I find myself noticing how I feel in chairs now. I look forward to the next time I fly to see how I'll fit in the seat on the airplane. Usually a dreadful experience if you're not a tiny person! One time, I had to ask for a seatbelt extension. No more!

I look forward to sharing our journeys.

Anne

Hi Ky,

welcome to the forum and congrats on the surgery. I have to wait til October, but that's ok, it means I have plenty of time to research things and mentally prepare for what will happen. I'm in Brissy myself.

Michelle

Im from Geraldton WA about 400km from Perth on the coast. Lovely spot if you love the beach and fit into a bikini aaaaaaaaargh!!