Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 3rd - Anyone Else?

hi march 3 bandsters... it's a warm day in nyc and i managed to walk nearly a mile and a half. that felt good, but i'm a little sore now. had to take some liquid tylenol as soon as i got home. the walk did help a lot with the gas, but it's been ever present since surgery. haven't had too much of the shoulder pain, but it does uncomfortably fill up my chest.

on a completely different topic, i was just wondering... what kind of band you all got and if it was partially filled during your surgeries?

Hungry4help,

Congrats on walking a mile and a half today. You have inspired me to go for a little walk this afternoon. I will let you know how it goes. I am still struggling with nausea and so am a little hesitant to do too much. I did go to the store today to buy some groceries for the next phase of the diet. It went okay...but I wasn't walking through the store browsing! It was pretty much go in, grab what you need, and get out.

Chat with you later.

Evansmom,

I haven't had a problem with the hunger...yet. I am having trouble eating what I should and getting enough Protein in. I've been mixing in my unflavored whey Protein with my meals...but the nausea has kept hunger away. I am just starting the pureed food phase of my diet today...maybe that will make a difference. Hang in there. We can do this!

Hi. I wasn't hungry until about an hour ago when hubby made baked chicken and mashed potatoes. :blink: I never wanted to just taste real food so bad. I'm on Clear liquids, Jello and popsicles for another week then I think I can go to Protein drinks and maybe Soup. I hope so!:) I find out at my next Dr. Appointment. I walked a little bit more today and only took pain meds once. I'm getting cabin fever and can't wait until I can shower, sleep and work like I used too.

Glad everyone else is doing so well. I hope I can keep up this diet...it's so so so so so hard.:eek:

I know that feeling... I cooked some dinner for my family. OMG the smells were wonderful. I actually had to walk outside for awhile. I keep telling myself Im going to be healthy... i chant over and over again. lol I have to... its either that or shooting people off of towers...or snatching food out of my toddlers mouth.

Pain is almost gone. Im going shopping today with my mom. I hope everyone else is doing great.

Evansmom,

I haven't had a problem with the hunger...yet. I am having trouble eating what I should and getting enough Protein in. I've been mixing in my unflavored whey Protein with my meals...but the nausea has kept hunger away. I am just starting the pureed food phase of my diet today...maybe that will make a difference. Hang in there. We can do this!

Hi there,

Yesterday I felt so hungry that I had a snack in between lunch and dinner. I know we are only supposed to have 3 square meals and no Snacks, but my stomach was hurting quite a bit. I had 4 oz. of yogurt and that held me over. I too have been cooking dinner for my husband and toddler every night and it's hard not to eat...I totally hear all of you on that! I have two more weeks of this liquid phase to go before transitioning to food. Good luck to all!

Rukshanna

Hunger hasn't been a big issue for me but then again, I was told to have 2oz of liquid every hour. I am to have 3 main meals but also to have some form of liquid - mainly to ensure I get my Protein in.

I'm sure my hunger will kick in sooner or later, so tips to offset that would be appreciated. :tongue:

I dont think that I am hungry, I just want food so bad. I cooked a chicken casserole for my family the other night and I didnt think I was going to make it! I am reading and so many of you have different diets. I know that we should follow what our own Dr.s say, however, sometimes I wonder if it would really hurt if I had a little bit of milk this week. I am supposted to be on Clear Liquids until monday and then add milk.

I am going to do my best to stick with it. Again, I dont think that I am all that hungry, It is just head hunger. I am realizing just how much I depended on food. Now I am learning to depend on it for nurishment, not comfort.

I am hesitant to get on the scales. How about you all, how are you doing????

:tongue:

Hi all;

I've lost 14 pounds in a week! Yikes! I'm a little freaked. I'm not complaining but surprised.

things are going well except for gas and I just had the worse shoulder pain. It was like a knife was going into my shoulder. Man it hurt.... a little better now.

I haven't had much shoulder pain- just a nagging pull. I started taking antacids for the gas and now the shoulder really hurts. I think that may be related.

I've had trouble exercising because of the gas pain. It just gets horrible and I limp home.

The other thing is that food smells good but I don't seem that interested in eating it. This is a first for me- I hope it continues!

Any suggestions for the pain other than Gas X?

thanks all - hope you are doing well.

Sadie

Hi Sadie! Hi ALL! Sounds like we are all dealing with a lot of the same issues. My doctor did not tell me any of the things I am reading here which is a little frustrating. He just told me two weeks of liquids, two weeks of mushies, and then go to regular diet??? Well I did about three days of liquids but was really hungry and went on to a few mushies. Felt much better after eating something a little more substantial.

For the gas pain, OMG the heating pad is the thing! Just press the pad up to where you are hurting the most. For me its been in the shoulder blades. I learned about the heating pad not from my doctor but from this wonderful site! I would be lost with this site!

I was really feeling good and almost completely out of pain but then I thought oh it looks like my steri strips are ready to come off. Well I took them off and went back to day three of pain where the incisions are concerned. Wished I hadn't of done that! Was suppose to go back to work tomorrow but feeling scared to do so now with this new pain.

Uggghhh! I know this is all part of the process but I'm so impatient that I just can't wait to get through the healing process and start living life with the band.

So what did your doctors say about walking every hour and small sips of liquid? I got none of that advise. Again, I feel very frustrated by my doctors lack of instructions!

Thanks all and good luck to all!

Terri

Hey TerriSioux

I was thinking pulling of the stri- strips- now I won't !! Sorry for you though. I'm supposed to wait until they fall off- I guess I will now!

I had bad gas all of a sudden 3 days ago and now all of a sudden it's all gone. Yea. I took so many Gas X pills and the left shoulder felt like someone was driving a knife in hard!

I feel good though still tired and tomorrow I have to take my SO for her band and wait and wait in the waiting room. I may fall asleep but who cares.

I'm glad this week is over- it was hard I think. I'll be glad to get this behind me and start learning how to live and eat with the band.

Best to all!

Sadie

DON'T TAKE OFF THE STERI STRIPS!!! LOL..I'm glad you read my post Sadie! OMG, you are going to go with your SO and wait in the waiting room for her. You are a real trooper girl! I hope she does well and you get to leave relative early! If you need to fall asleep you do just that! :smile2:

You've done great on the weight loss so far. I've only lost 4 lbs since surgery. My daughter says my body is freakin out and thinks I'm trying to starve it so it won't let go of the fat. That my body is storing up what it can to last through the starvation period. GEEZ body, you got a lot to hang to let it go! :sad:

Well take care and good luck tomorrow!

Terri

Hi Sadie! Hi ALL! Sounds like we are all dealing with a lot of the same issues. My doctor did not tell me any of the things I am reading here which is a little frustrating. He just told me two weeks of liquids, two weeks of mushies, and then go to regular diet??? Well I did about three days of liquids but was really hungry and went on to a few mushies. Felt much better after eating something a little more substantial.

For the gas pain, OMG the heating pad is the thing! Just press the pad up to where you are hurting the most. For me its been in the shoulder blades. I learned about the heating pad not from my doctor but from this wonderful site! I would be lost with this site!

I was really feeling good and almost completely out of pain but then I thought oh it looks like my steri strips are ready to come off. Well I took them off and went back to day three of pain where the incisions are concerned. Wished I hadn't of done that! Was suppose to go back to work tomorrow but feeling scared to do so now with this new pain.

Uggghhh! I know this is all part of the process but I'm so impatient that I just can't wait to get through the healing process and start living life with the band.

So what did your doctors say about walking every hour and small sips of liquid? I got none of that advise. Again, I feel very frustrated by my doctors lack of instructions!

Thanks all and good luck to all!

Terri

Oh, Terri, I'm so sorry your are hurting so much, hon. I've been anxious to get these strips off, too. I have been tempted to just peel them off but I suppose I know better now.

Don't push yourself if you aren't feeling too well. No need in going to work when you are feeling miserable. Please get plenty of rest, take it easy and keep us posted on how you are feeling!

Hi all,

I did not have steri strips. My Dr. Used the derma Glue. yesterday it started flaking and so I pulled some off. I wish I had not done that, though it is okay. I still have shoulder pain, anyone else? sometimes I have a weird feeling inside, like I need to burp. But the feeling, Like my insides are tightning up, only lasts a few seconds then subsides. Anyone else???

Tonight was my dads birthday. Oh, how I wanted to have some cake!! Everyone was eating hot dogs etc. while I had my Jello. I can not wait until I am at least on mushies in another week. I am desperate to feel texture in my mouth again!!

Hope all is good with everyone. Lets all hang in there through the liquids stage!! :)

my doctor says walk as much as you can, even if only 5 minutes at a time, helps greatly with the gas and for circulation

and drink ,liquid, drink, drink, drink!!!!!