Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Virginia Monthly Chat

Thanks, ladies! I had to change my avatar to something more upbeat (smiling crab vs. paper bag over my head -- it was kinda depressing me, but I was feeling that way the day I set up my account!), and now I'm trying to get my ticker working. Let's see if it works with this post. If not, can y'all tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Congrats you all... you will be on the flip side before you know it. Then the fun begins! hahah Good luck with your surgeries and keep us posted.

I am in the Richmond Area. I had my surgey with Dr. Bregman on 2/15/08. Including the Liver Shrinking I am down 25 lbs. But I have only lose 1.2 pound in two weeks. :smile2: My husband is scheduled for 3/14 but he has dropped 40lb already eating what I have eating and doing the Liver Shrinking Diet early. Does anyone go to the support groups in Richmond or Richmond Area?weight.png

I am in the Richmond Area. I had my surgey with Dr. Bregman on 2/15/08. Including the Liver Shrinking I am down 25 lbs. But I have only lose 1.2 pound in two weeks. :smile2: My husband is scheduled for 3/14 but he has dropped 40lb already eating what I have eating and doing the Liver Shrinking Diet early. Does anyone go to the support groups in Richmond or Richmond Area?weight.png

Don't compare your weight loss to your husbands, men loses faster than we do. I have no idea why.

I appreciate your advise not to compare to my husband. I know that this banding thing will work it just take our bodies time to realize we are not trying to starve it. But when you go from probally 2500-3000 to 450-750 you would think the weight would just fall off. It takes patience.

Keep up the good work eveyone.

Maybe your calories are too low. I read somewhere if your body is not getting enough calories it goes into stravation mode and starts to store everything it takes in.

Carla, wishing you the best tonight and tomorrow, because I know you're a nervous wreck tonight :drool:. Hugs!

PS

Call me if you need me.

Got my band on March 10th and I am doing well so far. No pain whatsoever. Not having any gas pain or anything. I am amazed at how well things have gone so far. I however am a little confused with the eating routine. I may need a little guidance as a typical day of getting liquids in. Can anyone give me an hr. by hr. rough idea with this? Dr.Lucktong in Roanoke, Virginia was my Dr.

I would have a Unjury (like slim fast in the morning)

Soup for lunch

Boost for dinner and lots of liquid in between.

They told e not to worry if I didn't want to eat the first week just do what I could.

Unjury is 20 grams of Protein in each 8 ounce shake.< /p>

You can order online get in two days

Hello Harleynana

I am Tammie and I was banded on February 15, 2008. I am down 38 lb. Seems to be going slow any hints.

My husband was banded March 14th and is down 80 lbs. Have you went to any support groups?

I have no side effects and can eat anything. He has some problems with food.

I have 5cc in my band.

Can you tell me any suggestions.

How much have you lost and since when.

I live in Chesterfield, Va.

I would love to chat more with you.

Thanks

Tammie

Thanks, ladies! I had to change my avatar to something more upbeat (smiling crab vs. paper bag over my head -- it was kinda depressing me, but I was feeling that way the day I set up my account!), and now I'm trying to get my ticker working. Let's see if it works with this post. If not, can y'all tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Have you heard from anyone on how to get the ticker going? I'm also trying to set it up for me and confused on what to do.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

I just wanted to join in and say hi. I was banded by Dr. Eric Pinnar on 3/21 and just got my first fill yesterday from Dr. Phil. I opted for the Allergan AP band (10 cc) and yesterday i got a 4.5 cc fill. Didn't have much restriction before so i'm interested to see what happens when i start eating solids with my first fill. I just love the staff over at Dr. Pinnar's office. They are such wonderful people! I feel like i couldn't be in better hands!

Edited by dewl
i can't spell!

I just wanted to join in and say hi. I was banded by Dr. Eric Pinnar on 3/21 and just got my first fill yesterday from Dr. Phil. I opted for the Allergan AP band (10 cc) and yesterday i got a 4.5 cc fill. Didn't have much restriction before so i'm interested to see what happens when i start eating solids with my first fill. I just love the staff over at Dr. Pinnar's office. They are such wonderful people! I feel like i couldn't be in better hands!

Hi Dewl, Have you been just drinking fluids since having the band? That seems like a long time. Or maybe you were eating some.

I went to a dietitian today to help me through my 6 month diet before getting banded and she sorta disapointed me. She said they will not do the surgery if you are not over 100 pounds. Has anyone heard this before? i'm approximately 80 pounds overweight. Hope that does not stop the process. How's the fill doing?

No, i haven't just been on liquids this whole time. My schedule went like this:

Pre-op

2 weeks Liquids (low carb)

Post-op

2 weeks Liquids (w/o carb restriction)

2 weeks Mushies

2 weeks Solids

I lost just under 20 lbs before my first fill and almost all of that was lost during the liquids phase. I lost a little more during mushies and then just maintained during the solids phase.

Since my fill 2 days ago i am on 48 hrs liquids, then 48 hrs mushies, then solids food (very carefully). I go back for my second fill (if needed) in 2 weeks. I'm pretty sure i'm feeling some restriction, but it's kinda hard to tell during liquids.