Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Virginia Monthly Chat

That's great, ColoradoChik. I here Dr. Pinnar Sr. is wonderful. Their offices are right next to each other.

Good luck and congratulations to you. Isn't this so exciting?

sorry, "I hear.." sometimes I type faster than I spell... :biggrin:

I just scheduled my surgery for April 4, 2008 with Dr. Robert Pinnar at Reston Hospital! Happy but NERVOUS!!!

Hi met Dr. Eric Pinnar at the seminar and rally liked him but since isnt a provider for BC/BS I had to go with his Dad. I bet you are excited about your surgery! I am feeling a little scared about it right now.

Colorado... congratulations on your surgery date! I completely understand all the "feelings" you're going through. I'm feeling all of them too! :thumbup: I'm on the liquid diet now and that's very interesting... :). I also have BCBS FEP and he's not a provider, but I decided to go with him. BCBS FEP will pay 75% of the billed fees... so, I'm okay with that as I was prepared to self pay... But, I think they're both such great doctors that it's nice to know we're in the same surgeon family! :lol:

Look forward to keeping in touch.

Sheri

I start the liquid diet one week pre-op on March 28th. I have no idea what they will have me drink. What types of things are you drinking?

They want me to drink Protein supplements, ie Unjury powder protein mixed with milk... they also recommend HOOD milk (which is sold at Harris Teeter), but I can also drink Atkins advantage shakes, Medifast drinks, and EAS? They want us to have 70-80 grams of protein a day. Also, chicken or beef broth which also counts as protein. And Water, plain, crystal light, fruit 2 0, diet snapple...and that's pretty much it. Today was my first day and the shakes are definitely fillling... I'm not hungry and, in fact, trying to finish my second shake... i'm also trying to get some broth in too... but so far so good...? :thumbup:

Good Luck! It doesnt sound that bad! You have to do this for one week or two? I was surprised to find out that I only had to do the liquid diet for one week pre op. Where did you get the Unjury powder?

Hi All, I've got one more step before Dr. Eric Pinnar's office will schedule my surgery -- just the session with the shrink. I'm (sadly) self-pay, but having now completed my taxes, we're appyling a big refund to that. :rolleyes:

Lattedah, I enjoy reading your posts because they're informative and I hope I'm not going to be too far behind you. You're my guide here, even if you never signed up for the position! :lol: Glad to hear you're doing well on the liquid diet.

ColoradoChick, Just go to Welcome to the unjury Homepage to buy samples or just place an order. I can strongly recommend the chocolate doctored with a shot of sugar-free syrups (like DaVinci chocolate or Kahlua flavor), milk, and a little ice. This morning, both my 10 y.o. daughter and 8 y.o. son kept drinking my shake and I had to make myself a new one!! :tt2: Now they want to now if they can have shakes for Breakfast everyday too.

Thanks Chica717. I am going to order some of the syrups right now so I have them on hand. I bet they come in handy in the liquid stage. I am sure glad that I am not self pay. It is hard enough to come up with the 2500 program fee!

Good luck everyone on your journey. I was one of the lucky ones that didn't have to do the liquids preop. I have a hard time getting enough Protein down as it is. I use the rice Protein, found it the easiest to drink, doesn't have a heavy smell.

I use the "magic bullet blender", it's small, doesn't take a lot of space and clean up is quick. My concoction is a scoop of ice, about 1/2 of container, a few frozen strawberries, orange juice, 1/2 a banana, 2 scoops of protein, a pack of spenda, blend well and enjoy.

I dont have a preop diet either, I just have to have liquids only the day before and take a cleanser. I just got my magic bullet, I love it, I've been making all kinds of smoothies! Yum!

Holy Moly, folks! I just got my surgery date -- 3/11! :cursing: The shrink wanted a 14-day pre-op diet (because I was mentally strong enough for it :angry:), but when the scheduler offered a spot 8 days from now, I was all over it. So, effective with that Protein Shake I had this morning, I've had nothing but shakes, broth, and Water. I can hardly believe it... :thumbup:

AWESOME chica!!!!!!!!

That is great news Chica!! Congrats!!