Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ladies? (waxing question)

ROFLMAO I am SO Glad you asked this , now that I can see that "area" down there I have been considering the same thing !

Curious to see the answers .

Mindy

Itried giving one to myself once. Bad, bad, bad idea. I ended up on the phone with my mother bawling my eyes out because I could not get up the nerve to pull the wax off.

That being said I would have been fine with someone else doing it. Yeah painful but so worth it in the end. I figure that they have had to seen some nasty looking snatch so mine could not possible look that bad..

ROFLMAO OH MY GAWD Girl you are BRAVE. I'll wax my face but not my vajajay !!!!

But i am with you , the waxers SURELY have seen nastier looking ones than mine . LMAO

MIndy :eek::lol::tongue::lol::smile::lol::lol:

It is funny now but at the time I was mortified. It took me a good 2 hours to get all the wax off not including the ultra hot sitz bath.

OH I can not even imagine ! You poor thing . You are braver than I to even TRY IT !

Mindy

I've always debated it, but I'm afraid my hooha is one of those 'nastier lookin ones' you guys talk about lol. I'm all disfigured on thighs and hooha from boils & crap. So I just shave it!

since im still over weight I dont know about ya'll but its not the EASIEST position to get into to shave it . I never do a really good job.

The girl that does my waxing for my eye brows and my lip is and i have become friends so i would probably be fairly comfy with her doing my waxing down there. I might talk to her about it when i go next.

Mindy

Wellll... I've had it done, and done by a professional. As for embarassing I figured - whatever it's like going to the gyno -they've seen one they've seen them all. And because this is their job they will be nothing but professional about it. At no time will your "goods" be staring them full on in the face. You go in and undres from the waist down, they give you a "paper cloth" type of thing that you lie on and then it folds up over you and you hold on to it, you move it to help them with different areas but it also covers you up where they are not working on it.

Does it hurt - sure it does, how bad? Well I don't know I have a high tolerance for external pain (a few piercings and tattoos attest to that) but it's worth it and sooo smooth after. You can buy something to "roll on" after you shower that stops ingrown hairs and whatnot. And it doesn't give that crazy itchy feeling that shaving does when hair comes back in.

My opinion - if you think you can handle having it done then schedule one with a professional at a salon/spa as it's just another day and another dollar for them.

I go to a fabulous place here in town called the Waxing Studio so i think i'll go there soon and get it done .

They are AWESOME . I will NEVER go to a nail place to get my eyebrows or any waxing done again . For just a few dollars more the waxing studio does SUCH a better job . Its locally owned but if you can find some place in your area that only does waxing i highly suggest it . The people that work in the nail places most of the time are nail techs that are not trained for waxing. The place i go they are licensed Aestheticians and it makes SUCH a difference !

So pay a little more money and go to a spa or something .

HTH

Mindy

I do the marketing for a local salon/spa that does brazilian's among other things. It is just a common everyday thing for them....you see one muff you've seen them all. There is nothing to be embarassed about, seriously. If you go to a reputable salon, its no big deal.

I have never done waxing, but once I get down near goal weight I would consider it -- I'm too embarrassed now. Not because of the nanners (one of my favorite euphemisms, yes, I admit I am easily amused), because of the fat. I often shave but dealing with the possibility of ingrown hairs, etc is just annoying and with my big gut it's difficult to do at times. I hear it's much better with waxing. I also have a high tolerance for pain.

I have gotten these done, even recently before going on vacation. Just be sure to go to a good waxing place / spa salon type (not a nail salon as mentioned). Your goods are not "out there", you will have like a paper "diaper" that covers you up...One bad experience, wax dripping "WAY" down down there, couldn't go to the bathroom for a wk (the #2 kind - gross I know)....

I shaved myself bald once when I was young - this was during some kinda erotic fun - and suffered from a severe case of the itchies for days afterwards. I phoned up my mum in order to whine about this and she fell over laughing.

The itchies were awful bad. I found myself dry humping the corner of my desk in order to try to find some relief. Since then I have left that region alone. It looks like my own personal part of the Canadian wilderness. As long as it remains wildlife free I am cool with it. I was thinking of applying to the federal government in order to get it recognised as a national park. Now I simply don't think about it all that much. But I had spent many years watching Sex and the City and I am curious about crotch wax jobs.

Yeah, me too. I had a white bathing suit one year so I took the lot off with a razor. Ick. Soooooo itchy and it really, um, reduced sensation. I know a lot of people say a brazillian increases sensation but I found the complete opposite.

Plus, I'm no prude, but I just dont like it. Little girls are bald, I'm an adult woman. Its kind of creepy to me, just icky.

But I would NEVER be brave enough to let someone down there to do it. The less people peer up my ginger the better. I can count on one hand the number who have and I'd like to keep it that way. And it would HURT!