Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

Guest Leslie2Lose

It didn't take them this long to approve my surgery. I'm still losing though and haven't gained anything - so I'm not too upset. The people I work with are more upset than me. They don't know why Dr. B. won't go ahead and just do the surgery since it is a complication and nothing I've done. They think he should work out the payment/insurance later and get me fixed...It'll work out good though with my folks coming. DH's mom is going to the beach the week after the 13th and she usually keeps the kids for us in the summer...so I'd need a babysitter that week. Now my mom and dad can just take the kids back with them to Florida after my surgery...it will all work out.

Last night it the first time food got stuck on me. I was eating a baked chicken patty (one of those by Tyson's/breaded). I normally dip it in dressing or something - I ate it dry and didn't chew, chew, chew and Whoa Momma! I grabbed DH's sweet tea and drank it (I HATE SWEET TEA!)...I was desparate!!! Only gotta learn that one once. Up until now it wasn't like I had a band, it was like it had to pop up and wave hello to remind me it is there. I didn't PB or throw up thank goodness, but I began to wonder...

Leslie - *hug* hang in there! I know it sucks for you to have to wait!

I haven't updated my WL ticker because my darn barely 4 month old scales are torn up. I initially thought it was the battery but low and behold we can't figure out what is wrong. I know I'm losing because today I fit into a pair of capris that I have been trying to get on every week since my surgery! It was sort of my 'first goal' britches!! And today, I have them on at work!!! So Go me! And as soon as our vacation bible school is over and I have a free moment I am running to Walmart and buying me some new darn scales! I know I haven't been posting much. I check in every day or so, but I am *SO* busy right now with this wedding and vacation bible school every night this week has NOT helped!! I tried on my wedding dress for the very last fitting before she does alterations and I could immediately tell a difference in it! I can't wait till this is all over and my big day is here! It will be such a releif to be off to Jamaica for a week of RELAXATION and boy will I need it! Keep up the good work guys!

Way to go Mia. Leslie, I am sorry for your problems with your port. Girls, I am sorry, but I just cannot get out in this heat and work out. It is way too hot. I am a fair complected red head and cant deal with being out in the sun forever. When the boys and I go to the pool, I stay i the shade! When the weather cools a little, I will walk. However, I am working out at the gym - yay me.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Oh, and since my fill Tuesday, I am able to eat today, had a Protein Shake and some chicken salad, and just recently, about 10 almonds. That is it for the day and I have not been hungry.

Take care all.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hey paragirl - it's okay about walking. It is hot - this week has been horrible. Honestly, it isn't too bad where we walk - it is completely shaded by trees/forrest. I would guess about 15 degree difference. I ended up going swimming yesterday and the Water was a nice change. Good for you in hitting the gym! Let us know when you want to join us - you're more than welcome.

My DH is a redhead too - he burns very easily. He's actually peeling right now from going to the beach a couple weeks ago.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Mia - girl you sound swamped! Sounds like your big day is getting closer...What is the date? You need to post some more pics to see your dress...I know it was your avatar at one time, but I'm wanting details!

I'm anxious to get this revision over - but can't do anything about hurrying it along. It is what it is. Of course, BCBS will probably approve me tomorrow, that's how things work...

I know how it is to eat something that I don't chew well enough or is just something that I can no longer eat. It is a very uncomfortable feeling and something I would rather not experience again.

Jonathan

My wedding is June 21 ! I cannot waiiiiiiiiiiit! As it draws near, I'm finding it hard to chain Bridezilla up! I've done so good about not freaking out but it's getting harder and harder to remain calm especially when things don't go perfect! It's funny though, I ask all my married friends certain things about their wedding to get ideas and 90 percent can't remember the detail!! So I keep asking myself why I'm stressing over something that really obviously is not big in the grand scale of things... I guess the important thing is you get married...so as long as we do that, I shouldn't stress, right?! MUCH easier said than done!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Friday the 13th. Terri called and said the insurance approved my revision on Friday. I'm scheduled for the 13th of June. I was so bummed out yesterday - imagining it would take another month for them to make up their minds. My self-control is about to break. I've been wanting to binge so bad - I've had such horrible cravings the last couple of days...back to that emotional eating.

Today is a new day! I don't want anything bad, nor have I attacked the pringles. I hope everyone is doing great and hope ya'll post an update as to your progress. It's been a while...

Mia- I'm soooo excited for you! You are going to make a beautiful bride. I'm not sure it's possible not to stress about the wedding....I know I did, lol! Just enjoy every moment, chaos and all. I was a bridezilla too, but once it was all over, I missed it. Sounds crazy but true. Anyway, I wish and your fiance the best! I will be at the beach while you are on your honeymoon, so have a good time and be safe!

Leslie- I'm so glad you got your approval. I know you are relieved. I too am an emotional eater, so I know how you feel. Just do the best you can and hopefully after your fill during surgery, you will feel some restriction! You're doing great...hang in there!

As far as me, I'm doing pretty good. Had a rough night though. My 2 year old son had a virus last night and was throwing up every 30 minutes. It was awful but he is feeling good this morning.

I haven't weighed in a while. I decided I was going to try to go without it for a while. I just switched my diet plan so I'm gonna give it some time before I weigh. I am noticing changes in my clothes, so I know I am losing inches. I know I will get discouraged if I don't see a number change, so I'm boycotting the scales for just a bit longer.

Hi everyone,

I hope that everyone has had a good weekend. Well I go for my surgery on Friday. I am excited but kinda nervous at the same time. I am trying so hard to not drink any more soda's. I love my diet coke though so it is hard. My husband said well at least now the diet coke truck can stop coming to the house. He thought he was being funny.

I was wondering can someone tell me how to get the ticker?

Guest Leslie2Lose

Congrats on your surgery date. My revision is on Friday so maybe we'll run into each other. I can't wait! I'm a little nervous, any surgery makes me nervous, but am so ready to get a fill and get on with this.

Thanks for all the support everyone. Leslie maybe we will get to see each other Friday. I am getting more nervous by the day, but also really excited to start my new journey to a healthier me.

Just stopped by to say hi and wish everyone a wonderful day.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Tiger50 - What time is your surgery? I have to call today after lunch to get a time to be at the hospital. I don't know yet. I'm hoping for early in the morning.

Tiger50 and Leslie- good luck to ya'll tomorrow! I'll be thinking of ya'll and sending up prayers. Make sure to check in with us as soon as you feel up to it! Take care.