Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

Guest Leslie2Lose

Holly - Do you want to meet today?? I brought my walking clothes just in case. I'm not sure where to meet - I've never walked at Darton before. My cell is 854-1964, give me a call and we'll find each other. It will be as hot as hades - I've got to stop by the store and buy me a bottled Water. Anyone else want to meet today too?

Tomorrow at 5:15 is definately on for walking - Jeannie, see you there! I hope to see Brina and Holly too!!!

My appointment is at 10:00 tomorrow morning. What time is yours? I think Pam's is at 1:00. We do need a secret Handshake/symbol. How about forming and O and leave the pinky up? That way it resembles the band with the port tube going up to the port...okay - I'm corny, I know! LOL

Leslie and Georgia--what times are your appointments tomorrow? Maybe I'll run into one or both of you. Any "secret" sign you want to use?

Holly

My appointment is at 1:30. What time is yours?

Guest Leslie2Lose

Ally - Do you have any weight straps? Usually they go around the wrists and ankles. That might work to add weights??? I wish you could join us!

Do ya'll know what we ought to do? We ought to start mini-marathon training. I don't mean running, but walking. Wouldn't it be a great accomplishment to complete something like that. We need to find a good one to participate in. There is a marathon they do in Callaway Gardens in November - with the lights on at night. I heard it is awesome. That would give us six months. We could all lose some weight and that'd give us a goal to work towards. Whatcha think???

Edited by Leslie2Lose
Correct Date

Guest Leslie2Lose

Here is some more information on the walk in November at Callaway Gardens (taken from their website)...Maybe we can get Dr. B. to sponsor us (just a thought)???

On November 16, you can take a walk that counts when you join thousands of others for the annual March of Dimes Night Walk through Fantasy In Lights. On this special night, the lights may be enjoyed by walkers only --- cars and trolleys are not allowed. Last year, almost 6,000 people strolled through the lights for a good cause.

In the past 17 years, more than 70,000 people have raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for the March of Dimes and the Ida Cason Callaway Foundation™. By participating you help prevent birth defects in children while helping protect the natural world in which these children live. In addition, you get to see the lights in the most spectacular way!

For information about Night Walk 2008, call the March of Dimes office at 706-660-0160. Okay - I called this #. Rates will be around $16.00 per person. The walk is on a Sunday night. We could stay Saturday night and have the day at the Gardens. A two bedroom cottage (each room has 2 queen beds) runs $400 (with tax) a night. The cottages are the cheapest - this is to stay at Callaway Gardens...If we can get 8 of us to go it'd end up costing $50.00 a piece for 1 night.

Edited by Leslie2Lose
Rates

OK 5:15 tomorrow at Darton. I usually park in the back parking lot close to the climbing wall thing.. I will see any of yall that want ot join us there. Really any of yall that are wanting to get started exercise now is your chance. We need to get this together and do it.

Brina

Where are you??? We want you in on this too! Get off the computer and come walk with us!

Leslie,

The mini marathon sounds great. I work much better with a set goal inmind and tha twould give me some motivation!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Jeannie - WALKING tomorrow it is...I'm looking forward to it. Holly, Brina - and anyone else - I hope to see you there too. I'll do some research on the walk..Maybe we can all get a cabin and have a girls weekend at Callaway Gardens. That'd be fun!

Hello Everyone:

I am thrilled to death that you guys have started brainstorming on some ways to start exercising. All of them are great. I. so. want. in.

However (as usual) my work schedule has just taken a large change.

My noraml work schedule is supposed to be from 815pm until 5am. Now that has changed dramatically. Now, to make it simple, i am on a variable schedule. This will start 5/25. When i say variable..i mean variable. It will kind of be an as needed thing. This was done without any warning or anything.

i am rather unahppy about it. i am going to see how it goes. I quit my last job becasue they worked me to death. I had no life. It had gotten to the point that when i had days off all i wanted to do was sleep. i did not watn to spend tiem with anyone..not even family becaseu i was so stressed and exhausted. The past few weeks that they have had me on my original schedule have been blissful. Now they change it.

i moved all the way from florida, left my family behind, and came to geaorgia..a place where I know no one. I took this job becasue it promised set hours and paid decently for this area. I have been working on a variable schedule since about june 2007 (and this was without warning and NOT to my liking, but it was promised/hinted that this would change when they hired someone). Now it seems that is not the case.

So it pretty much means, i am goign to see how this new schedule i have been assigned to will work out. Right now, I dont see how i am goign to enjoy it. I dont see how i will plan my life around varying hours. Especially when i can be "needed" at any time.

so i am in a wiating game right now. i dotn know when i will be eating, sleeping, or exercising. Hell, i don't even know if i will be working like this for long. i might like it. I might hate it. i don't know. we will see.

So I am one unhappy person right now. i wish i could find a job in which i was rally valued as an employee..not as an expendable pawn that they can move around in any manner that they like.

so, sorry about the loooong explanantion.

Please pray that I find my happiness.

Brina,

I am so sorry about your work situation. I've not had variable hours, but I've been in your shoes, and is stinks! If it's at all possible, come walk with us tomorrow before you go in for your night shift. I'll be there with my water bottle and bug spray :rolleyes:

Holly

Leslie, the Callaway Gardens Walk sounds great! Let me know what you find out. I do better with everything when I have a some sort of goal, so I think it's a great idea!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Well - I didn't get my fill. Leslie tried to, Elizabeth tried to and Dr. Bagnato came over and tried; all they hit was metal. There is no soft spot. My port has flipped. I have to have surgery again on June 6th to fix it. I am discouraged and really upset!

Oh Leslie, that sucks! I'm so sorry and I don't blame you for being bummed. Mia had port revision surgery, too, so she has been where you are. If I'm not mistaken, I believe she said Dr. B gave her a fill during the surgery, so maybe he'll do the same for you. Hang in there!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Thanks Ally. It does suck! I was so excited to get my first fill. I understand that things happen and go wrong. Dr. B. said this is so rare - he stitches it down and the new ports are very hard to flip over. I'm nervous about surgery again. I hate being put to sleep. He explained that it is a simple procedure and it wouldn't take long to do.

My body just finished recovering and I've been able to actually sleep and turn over without discomfort. I feel like I am starting over again. I don't have much time left to take off from work either. I think I have three days left all year...after that I'll have to take it without pay - which sucks! This is a setback - once everything is fixed all will be okay.

I've been lax in my food journal and exercise. I told DH a few minutes ago I really didn't feel like walking today, but I need to. It may be just what I need.

Leslie-

First of all *BIG HUGS* I had to have port revision surgery as well. My port had not flipped but Dr. Bagnato placed it into my breast tissue instead of high on the chest like normal. He felt that it would be near impossible to fill so thus the port revision. I scheduled mine for a friday surgery and was back at work on Monday so only one day out from work. I will tell you that the area was MUCH more sore than my initial surgery, probably because of the unstitching, moving and restitching but it was totally tolerable. Don't let that scare you, I just try to prepare people for reality other than to sugar coat it. The surgery won't last nearly as long, in fact mine was around 15 minutes and I was discharged as soon as I was able to down a cup of Water and get it down fine. He did give me 3cc's when he did the port revision so do not be discouraged. However, please let him know you would like the fill at the time of surgery otherwise, it is not standard to do so. I was self pay and DR. Bagnato took the entire cost of the surgery out of his own pocket. With you having insurance, it should be covered no problem but please be sure it is documented well so that insurance pays. I was completely devestated when this happened to me so I know you are prettty bummed about it. All in all, its very necessary as the band does little good without being able to be filled properly. If you want to chat or have any questions I can give you my phone number and I'd be glad to clear anything up or just give you a shoulder to whine to.. Trust me, I cried the entire way home, cried on the phone to Terri at Dr. Bagnato's office and to anyone who would listen. After the initual shock, I got my head into that it was necessary and just a minor set back. It will be totally worth it in the end! Hang in there and if you need to talk, I'll be more than happy to!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Mia - thanks!!! I'm sorry you had to go through this too. I just hung up with Terri (also crying and upset). My brain wasn't functioning when I was there - I was still in shock. I got back to work and thought of a thouand things to ask. I e-mailed her a couple then thought I'd just call. She said she'd been with a patient and hadn't had time to get back with me. I guess I'm impatient and persistant. She said they should be able to give me a fill at the time of surgery. She is checking on payment for me with Dr. B. Everyone there is great and so supportive.

I didn't cry at OTC - I did my best to hold it in. I bawled when I got in my car to drive over to Dr. B's office and I cried there too. It is upsetting. I'm better now than I was an hour ago. I just may take you up on that phone call. I am on yahoo messenger too under leslimik50 - I'm sure I'll be on a little tonight.

I'm nervous about the surgery. I'm glad it is short and it is good to hear you were up and about quickly. I don't know if there will be a lot of stitches removed. I think some of them came loose (which caused the port to flip). He did say he was going to have to make a new incision.

My port is also in my breast area - it took Leslie and Elizabeth a long time to find. I felt like I was having a breast exam done - lol. I'm a 40DDD - so I'm hoping to lose some of that and get into the single D stage. Maybe then it won't be so hard to find - LOL

I really like Leslie, but am sad that Elizabeth is leaving. They were both really nice. Malik is going to be out for a while as well. A guy named Steve was filling in for her today (she had a school function). Steve said he was filling in for her when she is out for six weeks. He was really nice though.

Leslie-

I added you to my YIM, so message me when you get on it. I am usually online everyday from work. I probably won't be on much tonight because I'm packing and getting ready to go out of town for Memorial Day weekend. I will be online today until around 4:30 when I get off from work. Everything is going to be fine so don't you worry. Try and keep a positive attitude. I know it's hard. My cell is 229-798-2776 if you would like to call and chat sometime. And that goes for anyone in our forum. So try and be patient until your surgery. You will get your port positioned correctly, get your fill and be on your merry way! It took me about a week and a half to have the tenderness from the revision to go away. Just take your drugs and wait it out, before you know it, you'll be back to your old self again!