Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

Georgia Girl;

How's the excercise working for you? I have a gym membership, but haven't really taken full advantage. I have a friend who is also a personal trainer, I'm thinking of biting the bullet and buying a couple of "discounted" sessions per week. I try to use the walk away the pounds at home to get 'something' in. Do you workout at home or in the gym?

Well, I just started exercising yesterday and today the scales still didn't move! I used to have a membership at the YMCA and I loved it there. At the time, when I cancelled it, I just didn't have time to go and I was wasting a lot of money. Now, I wish I hadn't cancelled it. We have a weight machine that I used yesterday (only do that every other day). I also jump roped yesterday. I have a step aerobics video that I might do today.

I did so much better when I was going to the gym, so I may try and get another membership somewhere.

Mia - good luck on the scales! I have a scale, a Walmart special that I've had forever, and it actually weighs me exactly the same as Dr. B's office and at the YMCA - that never happens!

Georgia Girl - Meant to say I loved your pics - big difference!

Jeannie - Your pics are great too! Can't wait until I can say I'm halfway there!

Holly - I think I was banded right before you. Definitely too soon to be eating those solids. Dr. B just told me I could move to the full liquids and mushies, so if you are gonna cheat, it would be better to cheat with one of those foods. Not that I'm saying cheat...but you know what I mean!

Bamboo - I did a personal trainer a few years ago and it was awesome! Great motivation and she really worked my butt. I lost lots of inches (just didn't keep it off, sadly).

Brina - thanks for the kind words. Your posts are always just what I need to hear! Girl, you are hilarious!

As for me, I think today is the best day I've felt, both physically and emotionally, since having surgery. It is amazing the difference food will make. I had some cream of chicken Soup last night and man, I was stuffed on such a tiny amount. Today, I'm drinking the Special K Protein Water and I've had yogurt. I've got a Protein Drink with me and some cream of chicken soup for lunch. Have no clue how I'll manage to get all of that in. I'm struggling drinking water!!!

Georgia Girl - Meant to say I loved your pics - big difference!

As for me, I think today is the best day I've felt, both physically and emotionally, since having surgery. It is amazing the difference food will make. I had some cream of chicken Soup last night and man, I was stuffed on such a tiny amount. Today, I'm drinking the Special K Protein Water and I've had yogurt. I've got a protein drink with me and some cream of chicken soup for lunch. Have no clue how I'll manage to get all of that in. I'm struggling drinking water!!!

Thanks Allykat! I'm so glad you are feeling better today! Soups are going to work great for you now that you are on full liquids. Do you like Tomato Soup? When I was on full liquids, I made Tomato soup (with skim milk instead of water) and I added just a little bit of shredded cheese, dried basil, and dried oregano (or italian seasonings) and it was sooo good and very comforting.

Glad you feel better!

Well, I just started exercising yesterday and today the scales still didn't move! I used to have a membership at the YMCA and I loved it there. At the time, when I cancelled it, I just didn't have time to go and I was wasting a lot of money. Now, I wish I hadn't cancelled it. We have a weight machine that I used yesterday (only do that every other day). I also jump roped yesterday. I have a step aerobics video that I might do today.

I did so much better when I was going to the gym, so I may try and get another membership somewhere.

There is a gym in Moultrie just down from colquitt emc called snap fitness- I think a membership is less than 50 a month I had thought about joining there since the YMCA is ALWAYS crowded during times when i can work out- I used to be a member of the Y and it was frustrating to have to wait on machines to work out. This snap fitness place is open 24 hours and they give you a pass key to get access. I am going to look into getting a membership there- I think they give you a free work out just to check the place out- Have you heard anything about it? I wonder what people think of it? Let me know if you know someone who has a membership and can give some insight on it!

Hi Allykat,

You are right, I was banded one day after you. I feel very lucky to have avoided any gas pains, and my incisions seem to be healing nicely. Thanks for your words of advice!

Holly

There is a gym in Moultrie just down from colquitt emc called snap fitness- I think a membership is less than 50 a month I had thought about joining there since the YMCA is ALWAYS crowded during times when i can work out- I used to be a member of the Y and it was frustrating to have to wait on machines to work out. This snap fitness place is open 24 hours and they give you a pass key to get access. I am going to look into getting a membership there- I think they give you a free work out just to check the place out- Have you heard anything about it? I wonder what people think of it? Let me know if you know someone who has a membership and can give some insight on it!

I had thought about joining that one, but the only downside for me, is that they don't offer child care of any type. The YMCA offered the Child Watch program: you pay like 10 or 15 dollars a month and you can bring your kids with you to the gym and they have a room right next to the gym where you can drop off your kids while you work out. I liked it because the wall is clear and you can just step right outside the gym door and peek in on them.

I don't really know that much about snap fitness other than they don't have child care and they they are open 24/7. Sorry I wasn't much help, but I'll keep my ears open if I hear someone talking about it.

bamboo-

Have you lost any since your fill? I am anxious to see if the scales have moved- come on UPS-!! This morning I tried to finish off a peice of stuffed chicken breast and I had a tight moment so maybe I do have a little restriction in the morning time-by afternoon I really can eat a lot of food if I let myself- I can't wait to get to good restriction. I do the walk away the pounds videos too- a try to a couple of times a week get out and walk outside a mile.

Mia;

Yes, I've lost 2 pounds since my fill on the 25th and gained 1 and lost one and gained........get my drift? It is driving me crazy!!! I think that maybe I'll just stay off the scales until once, maybe twice a week. BTW, congratulations to you, I noticed that your ticker changed! Good for you!!

Oh my gosh, I came home to the best surprise yesterday. I have a group of online friends. There are 5 of us, and we've 'known' each other for 10 years now. We were all pregnant together, so we met through an expecting club, and we've just all grown close over the years and email each other all day long. We get together occasionally, but primarily, we all talk online. We live pretty far apart.

Anyway, they sent me the coolest gifts to Celebrate "the new me" with my surgery. I was so incredibly touched. One was a "luck toggle bracelet" with peridot and the other was peridot and pearl cluster earrings. The cards with them from Red Envelope said that the peridot was "celebrated for centuries for its alleged ability to accelerate personal growth and impart good luck and open doors of opportunity." How cool is that? And very fitting!

Here is a link to the bracelt if you want to see. The earrings must no longer be available. So thoughtful of them! I was so surprised!

RedEnvelope - luck toggle bracelet

Hello to all:

I have been reading your posts here regarding your surgeries with Dr. Bagnato. I had my surgery on 1/25/08 at Cleveland Clinic in South FL. Just had my first fill. I am moving from South Florida to Bainbridge GA the first of April.

In doing my research it would seem that Dr. Bagnato in Albany is the closest physician for me and certainly one who seems to be held in very high regard by all of you!

I am unclear on if he does the fills, if he takes insurance for the fills, does he do them under fluoroscopy??

I will be contacting him to get get an appointment once we move and I surely hope you all will adopt me as an orphan even though I did not have my surgery with him??!!

You have a very close and supportive group, something I have not really had here in FL.

Thanks for any input you can provide me! Much appreciated!

Diane

Hello to all:

I have been reading your posts here regarding your surgeries with Dr. Bagnato. I had my surgery on 1/25/08 at Cleveland Clinic in South FL. Just had my first fill. I am moving from South Florida to Bainbridge GA the first of April.

In doing my research it would seem that Dr. Bagnato in Albany is the closest physician for me and certainly one who seems to be held in very high regard by all of you!

I am unclear on if he does the fills, if he takes insurance for the fills, does he do them under fluoroscopy??

I will be contacting him to get get an appointment once we move and I surely hope you all will adopt me as an orphan even though I did not have my surgery with him??!!

You have a very close and supportive group, something I have not really had here in FL.

Thanks for any input you can provide me! Much appreciated!

Diane

Hi Diane! It's nice to meet you. Are you excited about moving to Bainbridge?

I'm not sure about Dr. B's policies regarding fills for people who were not banded by him. Sorry I'm not much help, but I do know they do not do fills under fluoroscopy.

We will certainly welcome you with open arms! Everyone needs support and this is a great support system here. Let us know what you find out when you call. Here's the number if you want to go ahead and call 1-229-432-8484.

Welcome Diane! I'm sorry, since I'm newly banded, I can't answer your questions, but the office staff is super nice. I'd call and ask them. When I researched doctors, it was between Dr. Bagnato and one in Tallahassee. The office staff alone is one of the factors that swayed me to Dr. B. They are great and were very helpful in answering all of my emailed questions. Jenni Stone is his office manager....she is great with answering emails if you want to contact her that route. I don't have the address with me, but do a Google search for Dr. Bagnato or Weight Loss Surgery of Albany or something like that and you'll get the website.

Bainbridge is a pretty town! You'll like it there!

Just to let you all know - I spoke to Dr. Bagnato's office and they do take patients who have had surgery done elsewhere. Thank heavens! So many Dr.s do not take other patients and she said fills were $150. Quite reasonable considering they are 3 times that here! However, my insurance pays for it.

They were very helpful and took all of my info. I will make an appointment with them when I get up there the first of April. I am very excited about this move. We have owned our home in Bainbridge for 6 months, and we really love it up there. I was hoping to have sold our house in FL much sooner. It has finally sold and I am eagerly anticipating a move to a much quieter, less stressful lifestyle.

I will tell some some about my saga here........I chose to have the lapband surgery after much research and like so many of us..having failed too many times at diets. I had recently lost 60 pounds and was well on my way to putting it back on - gained almost 30 back. So, I had the surgery 1-25-08. It went very smoothly, I had no major problems and healed quickly. I was also very lucky that insurance paid for it. I lost 27 pounds in the 2 weeks prior to surgery and 2 weeks after surgery. Then I felt like there was no difference in my pre and post lap-band self. I had a very difficult time and struggled with my intake until my first fill.

I received a 4 cc fill yesterday and it has made all the difference! I KNOW it may not last........but then again, it just may. I like to be optimistic! Total weight loss is 31 pounds as of today.

I am married, will be going into semi-retirement. My elderly mother lives with us, along with three golden retrievers! They are much easier to handle than my mother!

Will be working part time from home so am also anxious to join a gym and get moving with exercise. Walking is just not making much difference.

Thanks for the welcome and I look forward to meeting all of you.

diane

Diane-

Welcome!!! How exciting to be moving! You will really like the area I think. I'm near moultrie so not all too terribly far from Bainbridge. I was banded 01-17 and am down 33 lbs so far! I still don't have tight restriction just yet but I'm hoping to get there soon! Glad to have you come aboard.