Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When is the right time...

When did you start looking for a Plastic Surgeon  

1 member has voted

1. 1. When did you start looking for a Plastic Surgeon

• BMI above 30
    • BMI between 28-30
    • BMI between 24-27
    • At Goal
    • None of the above

So i went to visit my surgeon for a fill yesterday.. and he said i reached a milestone in my journey.. im no longer considered morbidly obese... He said our next goal is to hit a BMI of 2930 and thats when bandsters usually start looking into PS ...

My question is when did you all start considering PS.. and actually looking for doctors

I just started looking the other day, and my BMI is 31.something. I figure there isn't any harm in starting to look now, so that I have an idea of what I'll do and who I'll go to.

thanks for posting this, this is exactly what I'm struggling with right now. I'm am just 3 lbs over a bmi of 29.9. Then I will just be overweight.

I am so anxious for PS, but also want the best results possible. So I am thinking I may have to wait till I am in a normal range? not sure.

I've gotten past my initial goal to a BMI of 24 before I started considering a breast lift. And my stomach would be much improved by more weight loss, I really need to be down at 21, 22 for my build, what's round my middle is fat, not sagging skin. But then, I dont need a Tummy Tuck. I think when you do, you may as well take as much fat with it as possible, rather than lose that fat THEN have the tummy tuck. I mean save yourself some work! So 29, 30 sound sensible.

I want a breast lift and I think for that I need to be right down where I plan to stay as my boobs have really only shrunk in the last 10kg. If I had had a lift at a BMI of 30, I would definitely have affected the result negatively with more weight loss as I've lost a lot of size since then.

I am not worried about my stomach, its my boobs they look horrriable. I need a lift with implants! I will try and get that done some time next year.

The scale is only part of the story here...if you are at a stable and healthy weight, you may be ready for plastic surgery. For lap band patients, this is often a year or more out from their band.

Emotional stability and a healthy environemnt in which to heal are also important considerations.

A plastic surgeon can help determine how much fat you have left, and I do

an anaylsis in my office. Patients often have less fat and more excess skin

than they think.

Best wishes,

Dr. LoMonaco

Plastic Surgery

Houston, Texas

opening movie

Bodylifthouston

The scale is only part of the story here...if you are at a stable and healthy weight, you may be ready for plastic surgery. For lap band patients, this is often a year or more out from their band.

Emotional stability and a healthy environemnt in which to heal are also important considerations.

A plastic surgeon can help determine how much fat you have left, and I do

an anaylsis in my office. Patients often have less fat and more excess skin

than they think.

Best wishes,

Dr. LoMonaco

Plastic Surgery

Houston, Texas

opening movie

Bodylifthouston

Do plastic surgeons work out deals with you when you are getting a number of areas done?

How much does a bodylift cost on average?

Hi. I think most PS offices offer discounts for multiple procedures, non-financed payments, and will include other things at no charge.

I cannot comment on the price for LBL because it is defined so many different ways, but when I do it I perform a Tummy Tuck, pubic lift, muscle tightening, outer thigh lift, buttock lift, new belly button, and all liposuction needed. The general price range for this is $10 - $20,000.

Hope this helps,

Dr LoMonaco

I have booked my first PS consult for the 18th Feb (and am waiting for another one to contact me to book a consult with him too). I'm about 10-20ish pounds from goal now and have a BMI of 26. I waited this long because I wanted to see how my body would look closer to goal, and I need to wait until August at the earliest for the surgery anyway to have the time off work and find the $ to fund it too. I'll be looking at a Tummy Tuck first and then might get a breast lift in a couple of years. I can live with the sagging boobs for a while, but the jelly belly just depresses me.

Thank you Dr.JLo, I may need to give you a call.

Hi. I think most PS offices offer discounts for multiple procedures, non-financed payments, and will include other things at no charge.

I cannot comment on the price for LBL because it is defined so many different ways, but when I do it I perform a Tummy Tuck, pubic lift, muscle tightening, outer thigh lift, buttock lift, new belly button, and all liposuction needed. The general price range for this is $10 - $20,000.

Hope this helps,

Dr LoMonaco

Dr. JLo-

First of all, I admire your work that I have seen on Big Medicine. I am such a fan!

I have carried twins for 38 weeks (6.4 lbs. each), 19 months later had another c-section, all while having a pre pragnancy weight of 245. Needless to say I have quite an "apron". I feel comfortable with the way the rest of my body is shaping up through exercise. Okay so maybe I want some implants too. I have told myself that I wanted to be 170 before seeking out a PS. I am 5"5" and in a 18 (because I have to tuck in my stomach in my pants). The rest of me looks like a normal person now. It is hard to feel good about this much weightloss when I see that apron everytime I look in the mirror. How much weight in skin can be removed during a TT. When should I seek out a PS in your opinion? Can you recommend someone in DFW for a self pay? Thank you so much!

In started looking before I was banded!!LOL Hey you cant blame a girl for being impatient!

I just got my surgery and my BMI was about 30 but I just wasnt changing shape from the from the front and it was negging me out. I have to say that I am more than thrilled with my results so far and I am only 3 weeks out. It has spurred me on to lose more weight and I cant wait to get back on my power plate!! Oh yes and it boosted me down to a BMI of about 27/28, so the end goal is even more in sight now!

Nina xxx

I had a breast lift and implants done 3.5 months after my surgery. I opted for 800cc implants overfilled to 1000. I realise this is considerably more than average, but it's what I wanted. I went from a very deflated 38DD with my nipples pointing to the ground to a perky and full 38H with nipples that point dead ahead and was thrilled. :)

However I had a complication and developed an infection in my left breast and had to have the implant removed. This wasn't due to the surgeon's error or something I did or didn't do, it just happened. I go in for re-implantation on March 12 and am very excited about that! :)

I plan to get a Tummy Tuck done in future, but want to get within 10lbs of my goal weight. I still have to lose another 20 to get within that 10, but I have a goal to focus on. :)

Since losing weight, I've developed a rash under my flabby tummy/upper pubic area. I've been doing all I can to keep it dry and clear the rash up, but just when I seem to get on top of things, it will flare up again and not respond to the different creams and powders I have on hand. With any luck because of this complication, I'm hoping that my TT surgery, or at least part of it, will be covered by insurance. I questioned my surgeon's nurse about this at my pre-op consultation yesterday and she seemed to feel that it was worth submitting an application with my insurance co. to see whether or not I'll be approved.

Right now I'm not ready though, and I have to have the surgery within 30 days of the approval (should I be fortunate enough to get it) so I'm holding off for a little while longer. It will give me a chance to lower my weight and raise my bank account. That's plenty of incentive for me. :biggrin2:

I had a breast lift and implants done 3.5 months after my surgery. I opted for 800cc implants overfilled to 1000. I realise this is considerably more than average, but it's what I wanted. I went from a very deflated 38DD with my nipples pointing to the ground to a perky and full 38H with nipples that point dead ahead and was thrilled. :blink:

However I had a complication and developed an infection in my left breast and had to have the implant removed. This wasn't due to the surgeon's error or something I did or didn't do, it just happened. I go in for re-implantation on March 12 and am very excited about that! :eek:

I plan to get a Tummy Tuck done in future, but want to get within 10lbs of my goal weight. I still have to lose another 20 to get within that 10, but I have a goal to focus on. :)

Since losing weight, I've developed a rash under my flabby tummy/upper pubic area. I've been doing all I can to keep it dry and clear the rash up, but just when I seem to get on top of things, it will flare up again and not respond to the different creams and powders I have on hand. With any luck because of this complication, I'm hoping that my TT surgery, or at least part of it, will be covered by insurance. I questioned my surgeon's nurse about this at my pre-op consultation yesterday and she seemed to feel that it was worth submitting an application with my insurance co. to see whether or not I'll be approved.

Right now I'm not ready though, and I have to have the surgery within 30 days of the approval (should I be fortunate enough to get it) so I'm holding off for a little while longer. It will give me a chance to lower my weight and raise my bank account. That's plenty of incentive for me. :biggrin2:

JOHNSON AND JOHNSON MEDICATED BABY powder works wonders... im having the same issue and im only a little over 1/2 way to goal