Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fills in Toronto, Ontario

I am new in Toronto. Looking for a doctor to continue with my fills - live near Deffirin subway station. How much does a fill cost? Thanks...

I don't know if you've found the info yet but there are a couple of Lap Band clinics in Toronto. Best place to start is contacting them. Here are a couple of links.

Healthy Weight Loss | TLBC (The Laparoscopic Band Centre) | Contact Us

The Surgical Weight Loss Centre

Hello did you find the lap ban fill doctor. I am looking on in Ontario that would do Mexico patients. thx

I can't find anyone to do fills on Mexico patients in Ont. I was told that the Surgical Weightloss Centre will do them for $3000. Yeah right, that`s ridiculous! I have a J&J band and he doesn`t fill them. There`s a Dr Nicholas Cristou in Montreal that will do them for $100 a fill + initial consult of $100. I have to go for my first fill soon. I was banded on Feb 13. Anyone else know of anyone closer

just wanted everyone to know that I called the SWLC and you need to have a consult $200,then you can only have an Inamed band and if he decides to take you as a patient the it will cost $5,000 for after care. As for fills, I'm leaning towards detroit, Montreal could be a possability as well.

just wanted everyone to know that I called the SWLC and you need to have a consult $200,then you can only have an Inamed band and if he decides to take you as a patient the it will cost $5,000 for after care. As for fills, I'm leaning towards detroit, Montreal could be a possability as well.

A fill for 5000.00? Isn't it pretty much all the after care needed? Just asking. My Dr. said fills were a couple hundred bucks plus I have to fly in but even then its no where near 5000.00. I hope that I don't need that kind of a fill. He said maybe 3 to 5 or 6 fills on average to reach goal weight. Never said anything about 5000.00.:lol:

I think you have to realise that if you are in the Toronto area, there are 3 clinics that do the surgery on a self-pay basis. Those clinics are not going to be interested in serving you unless you make a significant investment with them. After all, you going elsewhere to get banded lost them a lot of money!!! I would always advise people to make arrangements for fills before having surgery so as to know upfront and avoid disappointment.

In Alberta, where you can only get the surgery through AB health care (not many approved), and there is no self-pay option at this time, you can usually arrange for fills for between $100-200 per fill (or so I am told).

Billybobby,

The aftercare including all fills would cost $5,000. This is if you have your surgery out of Canada. They are trying to punish us who can not afford to have the surgery in Canada. As for any doctor who would do fills to patients from someone else, its easy sign a wavier. Just my opinion.

Just wondering...have you gone for a fill yet? I'm still trying to figure out where to go. Detroit or Montreal? I haven't told anyone so I have to go on my own. I may even go back to Mexico but right now I'm getting very discouraged. I have only lost about 15lbs but my band is empty. I know I have to get a fill soon or else this was just a waste of money. Anyone have to go soon? Anyone gone to Detroit? I can't afford another $3000 to go to Toronto. At least if I have to go back to Mexico, I would make it into a vacation to make it worthwhile. Not sure what the hell to do?! Any suggestions?

Bansternan, I am not banded yet,will be very soon, So, toronto is out of the question? Then go to Montreal,...$200 beautiful, you can't beat that. I was thinking about it though for myself since I will be doing it soon in Mexico. I was thinking, of Detroit or even Monteal but, I found out if you get just anybody to do your fills you are taking a risk of getting your tube poked and if it starts to leak then your shit out of luck . You will have to pay for sugury all over again at your costs. Okay, so you go back to Mexico for your fill, then your covered for any repairs or defects. What about having to spend the money on gas to go to Montreal, food along the way, maybe even a hotel. You need to figure out whats the savings? Is it much different.? For me as I think about it, it really is the best idea to go back to Mexico where I will be banded right at the begining.Buy the way , how come you never told anyone? Just Curious? I can't shut up about it, I tell everyone!

I can't find anyone to do fills on Mexico patients in Ont. I was told that the Surgical Weightloss Centre will do them for $3000. Yeah right, that`s ridiculous! I have a J&J band and he doesn`t fill them. There`s a Dr Nicholas Cristou in Montreal that will do them for $100 a fill + initial consult of $100. I have to go for my first fill soon. I was banded on Feb 13. Anyone else know of anyone closer

Could you send me the nr to Dr Nicholas Cristo. Thank#s. Farah

Where r u? Fofo I wouldn't mind a travelling companion if u r going to Montreal.

Juney...I haven't told anyone because they would just tell me that I should go to WW and join a gym. everyone thinks it's ridiculous to have surgery. I don't want or need their judgement so I've chosen to keep it to myself

Hey There!! Did you end up going to Montreal to get your fills? I am slotted for surgery with Dr. Ortiz in Mexico on Feb 13. I am trying to get a head of the game by already selecting my post-op care dr. I live in Toronto so I was looking into Detroit or Montreal. How were your experiences?