Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Shakes

If I don’t drink mine I am hungry all the time. Rather than buy pre made drinks try a powder that you can mix with Water. I get a big thing of Protzime (sp) it mixes with a spoon and last about 2 –3 weeks depending on how many I drink. I buy it at Anytime fitness. At a min I drink one a day in the morning for Breakfast and my cost on the mix is $30.00. If I don’t use a Protein Drink I notice I eat more and don’t loose as much.

The Protein Shakes are expensive but you get your money's worth in weight loss. I found some Protein Water mix by Special K, a powder to mix in your water. It is only 5g protein but you have to drink water anyway so this way you get a few extra grams.But it does have 30 calories, so you have to factor that into your diet. good luck

Saintluver..... I use GNC whey Protein powder.... It comes in a variety of flavors and I really like it alot.... My favorite is banana creme... There are 20 grams of protein per scoop and about 110 calories... My nutritionist says it is good because it is within the calorie range she feels is good.. I buy the 3 pound size and it lasts for a long time... I have several flavors and don't use the same flavor each time.... They have smaller 1 pound sizes...

What do the Protein Shakes do to keep you from being hungry? I was using them every mornig for Breakfast too. But I am really nervous about liquid calories . Plus solid food sticks with you longer. I Got a fill last monday and have HAD to so the shakes in the morning because I am so tight in the mornings. But I would much rather have something solid that I know is going to stick around a while. Also how does anyone drink thos protien powders mixed with Water. That is gross. The only way I can drink the powders is with milk and milk is a nono. Milk has something like 14 grams of sugar in an 8 ounce glass.:cursing:

What do the Protein Shakes do to keep you from being hungry? I was using them every mornig for breakfast too. But I am really nervous about liquid calories . Plus solid food sticks with you longer. I Got a fill last monday and have HAD to so the shakes in the morning because I am so tight in the mornings. But I would much rather have something solid that I know is going to stick around a while. Also how does anyone drink thos protien powders mixed with Water. That is gross. The only way I can drink the powders is with milk and milk is a nono. Milk has something like 14 grams of sugar in an 8 ounce glass.:cursing:

I am so tight in the morning that is all I can get down and if I don't have something I get headaches or feel gittery. I don't care for the powder myself, I buy the EAS premixed ones that actually aren't that bad. More expensive but what are ya gonna do?

WHAT EVER YOU DO DO NOT BUY THE EAS FRENCH VANILLA. I BOUGHT THEM THINKING OF THE COFFE AND THEY ARE EXTRRREEEEMMELY GROSS!!!:rolleyes:

WHAT EVER YOU DO DO NOT BUY THE EAS FRENCH VANILLA. I BOUGHT THEM THINKING OF THE COFFE AND THEY ARE EXTRRREEEEMMELY GROSS!!!:rolleyes:
I like the EAS french vanilla ones that are premixed... not the powder.

I get Atkins advantage pre-mix canned -chocolate delight @Sam's club 12 for $13.xxish. Convenient tasty, quick, easy, filling and low carb. Not too sweet, cheaper than most coffee/soft drinks too. On the go I can grab, drink,and trash the can.

I can't even swallow slim-fast, too high in carbs and way to sweet for me.

Good luck.

the adtkins are o.k. I just drank on of the strawberry today, but i prefer the slimfast lowcarb/high protien shakes. The creamy vanilla almost tastes too good to b:redface:e true.

Hello everyone! I too am still drinking Protein shakes. I am also very tight most of early morning and afternoon so using the shakes gives me peace of mind that I am getting the Protein I need. I am not too hungry so the shakes help with the nutrients even when I don't feel like eating, or am too tight.

I am drinking 1 can of GNCs 50 Gram Slam shake a day - splitting it into two servings. I like the Cookies & Creme and banana Cream. They have a discount the 1st - 7th of every month so I buy a couple of cases then. Given the amount of money I used to spend on fast food, these shakes are cheap lol.

I do occasionally, but I am about to go on them for 1 week to kick start a weight loss. I'm a bit plateau'ed so I hope this will get my numbers falling again. :eek: