Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Full??????

I really like this quote............I sure hope I learned it well and don't have to fail to learn it again................Much better today. I am back on Optifast for another week before I start adding foods again......ahhhh, my security blanket.

I am the same way as a lot of you I get really hungry and I wonder if there is a band really in there. But then the one day a had to much of the wrong thing I sure didn't feel well. I guess it will take us time to get used to this new tool we have.

Well its official, I think. Tonight we went out to eat and I think I actually got full. I had about 4 ounces of hamburger steak, some turnip greens and almost all of a muffin. Then all of a sudden there was a feeling like something in my chest. I had a bite of muffin in my mouth, and I just stopped and said oh!? I put that bite of muffin in my napkin and stopped! I did not wanna go too far. I'm just so glad to know now that 1) I can in fact get full and 2) I now get full off of much less food than pre band.

I'm just so excited now.:rolleyes2:

I am bad, I kinda skipped right through the mushy stage and went to soft meats without any problems at all. I do measure out everything ,and I only have 1/2 -3/4 cup food at a time. However, I have not yet felt full. The good news is that I rarely feel hungry.

Thank goodness - I didn't know what was happening but I have had that pain in my left shoulder. I was banded on 1/4/08 and I am due for a fill on 2/14/08, I am permitted to eat solids 2 days prior so that my surgeon can decide how much to fill. I am thinking of getting it tight since it seems I can eat a lot of mushy food.

SHirley

Hi all...........I had that gas pain forever even with exercise. I thought it would never go away. I am 3 weeks post op and I'm still on my Optifast shakes. I never felt full except that one time when I came home starving and ate the wrong thing and until yesterday had never had anything "stuck" I was wondering if I was banded at all....then........One of my pills got stuck and I was miserable........I will now always cut my pills up....:rolleyes2:

My Dr told me that before the fills you dont have restrictions. The band is just there its not working. He said the lig stage and small ammounts is to let the band heal in the correct place. Once you get a fill is when you will start feeling full from the band.

I am feeling much the same as everyone else that has posted here. I just feel like I'm on a diet. I'm not terribly hungry, but I feel as though I could eat almost as much as before the band. I agree with BensonRN, I think that you don't really start feeling restricted until you get filled.

Thank you BensonRN for the info. I never thought to ask my doctor that question.....I'm just now adding things like cottage cheese.....

I had my first fill yesterday, 4 cc's total in a 10 cc band, and I am feeling the restriction. I didn't even have anything last night, more than a few mouthfuls of Soup. I had a Protein smoothie in the late afternoon, and didn't feel hungry until around 9:00pm and had the Soup, but really it wasn't more than 5oz, and I was full.

That is such a nice feeling, and now this morning, I have been nursing my Slimfast for nearly 40 minutes.

I have to stay on liquids for the rest of today, and mushy/pureed food Friday and Saturday.

I had a fill last week and did my liquid stage again, then mushy and yesterday I had regular food. I am feeling good and I get a full feeling. I eat really slow so that as soon as I start feeling it I stop because I really don't want to get sick. I guess it is the "eat until you aren't hungry, not until you are full" saying that sticks in my brain. It helps me. I had dinner at halftime tonight (ate my Protein first) and am still pretty full. I love not being hungry all the time. liquids DO NOT fill me up at all.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches