Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New 60+ Thread

LadyKC & Majj, Congrats. You are both on your way to a healthier you. Keep posting & keep moving.

Lady and Majj:

Congrtulations and good luck on the new road. It is hard. Very hard but you can do it.

I am still bumbed but go for a fill Monday. Maybe that will help.

So far it has been all will not fill.

Have a great day!!!

CONGRATS to the newly banded two!!

You're on your way to a healthier you!!

WOOHOO!!

:thumbup::smile2::party::):smile:

Thankyou all...

You probably won't see much weight loss right away
.Wow!!! your right I thought not eating at all for the 2 days just drinking Fluid in hospital yesterday I would loose something NOPE !!:) not a thing , lost 4kilos pre op diet (9days) and thats it ....

Still feeling sore in the tummy today , taking it easy don`t feel hungry on Optifast (I prefer that to the Sustagen ) strained Soups which is loverly for a change of juice , how long before the soreness subsides ?? I still feel listless and sleepy , hoping each day I will feel better off to see the dietitian Monday so have 3 days before I drive and go out to do banking , work chores etc ...

Thankyou all once again for your support , they say the first couple of months are the hardest TRUE ??? I hope so I want things to get better so I feel normal ..:eek:(not that I was ever very normal) ..:mad2:

Hey Majj- checking in- how's it going? Glad to have a place where I can check in and say my knee hurts and all of you will understand. Have been on a work/vacation in Mexico this week and spent an evening dancing the night away with much younger folks and was sure I would wake up in alot of pain. Even though I am 250 pounds down and exercise every day, my body carried around all of that excess weight for alot of years and it still reminds me. Guess what? No bad pain. My arthritic knee just so of told me it was there, but a barefoot walk on the beach and a swim and that was better. To all of you working on losing your weight and for those of you just beginningyour journey I just want to say that it is worth evry nickel, every bit of hard work to get your life and your health back..My husband still stands back, looks at me, shakes his head and smiles..Just 6 years ago I could barely get myself across the room, let alone on a dance floor for 3 hours! :eek:

Wow - keep dancing and thank you for sharing your inspiring story.

Joyce in KC

Sandi, thanks for the post. It gives us all hope. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Hi all: I'm new to this post. Not banded yet -- in process of going for testing. Have done about half already. You are all a great inspiration to those of us over 60 who are contemplating this procedure. Lately I've seen 2 posts about blood clots that is scaring me. I hope I'm not over thinking this surgery. Have done alot of research and it excites me to think about doing it -- but Im getting frightened at the thought of complications. Was blood clots an issue with anyone? Do they give you medicine to prevent clotting at the hospital? Sorry for the negative questions. Cat Lady:confused::eek:

I have never had any problems with blood clots; but they did give me some kind of shot before surgery they said was for this.

I also spent the night and they put on those leg things that message your legs that are suppose to prevent blood clots.

No problems.

Good luck!!!

PS.. I seem to be doing a little burping here is that expected..???

Burping is definitely expected. Let it rip.

Glad you're doing well.

Burping is definitely expected. Let it rip.

Glad you're doing well.

Yah, that. I also had tummy rumbling, loudly. I was in church and my daughter-in-law looked at me, she heard the:blushing: rumbling. I wasn't hungry, just tummy rumbling. Haha!

Hi nd Welcome cat Lady ...I too got a needle in the belly before the op to prevent clots and wore the sexy white sox , which I have to wear for a a few weeks at home day and night ..but no problems I think they do it as a precaution..I had all the same worries and thoughts before being done but so far its been worth it first day after the op I was thinking my god what have I done to myself , but now the sorness is gone I feel heaps better and looking forward to lossing weight and getting healthy and happy like the banders here I keep reading about , take your doctors advise and try not to worry too much...

I am feeling a lot less sore and a little more hungry today (day 3 post op.), I slept till 9am have just showered and am off to make my Optifast (strawberry) I quite like it , but it would be good to get my TEETH into something lol...will have strained Soup for lunch in between will get my Berroca down ..

Nothing planned for today potter around , maybe do a little book work later (end of the month stuff is a pain) .. I am pretty lucky to have a home office so don`t have to go into the factory office for my work (we have a lady to work that end), I do the wages and accounts from home she does the invoicing, Quotes , orders and telephones....

Well as I seem hungry this morning I am off to eat (drink)...Have a great weekend ...

Hi Marjj,

We all felt "what did I do to myself" the day after surgery. I'm confident if all the other ladies on this site (& men) can conquer this transition, we CAN TOO.

Glad to hear you are doing well.

Joyce in Kansas City

OK where is everyone. Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm having weight gain issues. I'm exercising like heck and not getting enough calories. What are you guys eating.

I'm supposed to be on 1200 calories. 72 Proteins, 35 fats and 50 carbs. There is no way I can get in all my calories and not go over my carbs. I only eat between 700 - 800 calories HELP