Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fun Thread - Screen Names

DeLarla

Awee, Kathy, that's awesome! Jamie, I'm laughing WITH you, not at you! I think you're jammin&losin, and what a cute girl you are Ms. Blondie!

Well, my name is self explanitory. I was "biggun" previously and everyone told me I need a more positive name to feel more positive about myself. So since my name is Kim and I am self proclaimed delishiously adorable it just came to me. What is especially funny is when I am telling my husband about something one of you all said, I use your screen names. I will be like, "you know what I heard today from Delarla and Harley Nana?" I'm betting he is still wondering who you are and how I know you!

you see I am creature of simplicity.

LOL... Penni, I can relate. I was thinking that it has to do with the Virgo in us!?!

Great thread Lisa!!!

Lisa - I was just thinking of starting a thread about this - always fascinated to know where people get their screen names from! Can't wait til Kelleymoos answers to this!!!

My name is kinda unpronounce-able as it's an Irish language name - Niamh (see!?) but it means "brightness and lustre" in english so hence "Bright"!

By the way - Niamh is pronounced Neeve to rhyme with Eve 'case you're interested!

I'm simple too. I've tried coming up with cool screen names for myself, but the only one that ever saw any use was Sanderling. But I'm a victim of Mommy-brain, and could never identify with a name other than my own. Suffice to say it's a good thing it's unusual enough, and hardly ever taken when I need to register somewhere.

Never would have guessed that pronunciation, Bright!

Claraluz is my cat's name. It's Spanish and is pronounced Clara loose. It means clear light.

Nancy

Like penni I'm creative as heck. my first name here was grt139.. my thre initials to my name and my badge# from the police department.

My new name is cause I'm banded (duh) and the 08/10/04 is my banding date.

YOU??? Trouble??? Nooooooooo!!! Not you!!! :)

My usual screen name is NautyNnce, which I chose at Christmas time (my FAVORITE holiday) about 6 years ago. Just like the song, making a list, checking it twice.......yada yada.....But as the months went by....people kept calling me Nauty Nancy.....so I suppose it could work both ways since Nancy IS my name! So I guess it could work BOTH ways....but what commotion I caused in chat rooms!!! Can never keep up with all the messages.....it really was an innocent choice.....believe it or not!

But when I had the lap band surgery on 9/24/04 and got on the PC a month before to gather more info.....I wanted a new image....maybe not a new image...but a positive one....so I chose NancySmiles. It's both a happy & sad story. I chose it mainly because my Dad always called me "Nancy with the Laughing Face"....after the Sinatra song...and because I am ALWAYS smiling....at least most of the time anyway.....When he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's almost 10 years ago, he used to remember my name that way....and when I would come to visit I would say, "it's me, Dad, Nancy with the Laughing Face." And he woudl say, oh yeah...I knew that....

Well, as the years went on and his disease progressed, even more quickly after my Mom passed away 5 yrs ago, he would say it less and less....I knew I had lost him (mentally) forever when he stopped knowing who I am. So when I chose my name for ANY websites having to do with Lap Band surgery, I started using the name NancySmiles....as a personal tribute to my Dad (who is still living, but in very late stages now), and also because I do smile...all the time, thinking of the good memories I have of my Dad and also because of the new healthy life I have now.....with my band and all the friends I have made because of it....especially all of you!

soooooooooo................NancySmiles............forever!!! :):D:D

DeLarla was a name a crush gave me years back. He was this darling bartender where I often caused a little weekend "DeLarla" bad girl trouble. One night he looked at me with his baby blues and said, "your Mamma named you wrong, you aren't a Lisa, you're a DeLarla." Everyone called me DeLarla since then, but only when I'm being bad (being fun, that is!)

Well some my think my name is because of the childrens story book (about the little princess who could not sleep because of the pea under her mattresses, good story, u should read it) But my story behind my nickname.....

Okay, here goes (don't laugh!). One night I was tossing and turning and kept feeling like there was something poking me. The next morning I looked and found nothing. I couldn't figure it out. I flipped my mattress thinking it might be a spring or something poking at me. I figured I would just chalk it up to strangedom when my husband found the culprit!

U READY FOR THIS???

There was a milk dud stuck on my back because I had been eating them in bed that night. I was laying on it all night and it stuck to my back!!! GROSS!!! (plus I was humiliated!) Needless to say, I NEVER eat in bed anymore. My mom bought me the book Princess and the Pea because of this whole ordeal, and therefore I am..... princess_n_thep

LOL cute Princess..

Hmm, well Leatha is my given name and G is the first initial of my last name. lol. How simple is that?

Now, for the real nick, which I use everywhere but here. Lethalwoman. This is the name I took back in '97 when I first got online and has always been my regular nick. It came from men asking me my name. When I said 'Leatha', they would say 'like lethal?", So.. when it came time to have a nick, I thought what better name. It fits, not only because of Leatha, but in attitude and demeanor as well. It's not meant in a 'deadly' Lethal sense, but more in a flirtatious/fiesty sort of way. :)

When I first signed on to AOL years ago and had to chose my screen name I was going to use Kellymoose that was my nickname from birth and it was too long to use all the letters so I took of the e and I am kelly moos!