Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fun Thread - Screen Names

DeLarla

Do you ever wonder where some screen names come from?

For example, I always think Vinesqueen has one of those cool gardens with a fragrant, beautiful garden with green vines crawling along the house.

I picture Darcy with a little white nurse's hat.

And I imagine Jammin&loosen doing aerobics till her loose pants fall off so all her clothes must have loosened up since she's jammin and loosen.

I still can't figure out why Kelly moos!

DeLarla was a name a crush gave me years back. He was this darling bartender where I often caused a little weekend "DeLarla" bad girl trouble. One night he looked at me with his baby blues and said, "your Mamma named you wrong, you aren't a Lisa, you're a DeLarla." Everyone called me DeLarla since then, but only when I'm being bad (being fun, that is!)

while I absolutely love to garden, that is actually not the origin of my screen name. I'm way too geeky... so... GEEK ALERT! <insert flashing red light here> GEEK ALERT!

when I was a contract tester at MS my project was Win98, testing 3rd party networks. My particular network was Banyan Vines, and by the time we shipped I knew more about that particular platform than anybody in the Galaxy. I tested and found bugs in German, Korean, Japanese, and two different Chinese dialects. Mind you, when a job application asks for languages, I only think programming languages.

/Geek Alert!

But when I graduate I am going to buy myself a couple of esprarilled fruit trees...

And Harley Nanna, I'm dyslecic, and always read your name as "Nanny Harley" and I picture you doing gramma stuff for a rough and tumble biker gang, baking Cookies in the shape of the Iron Cross... kissing boo-boos when someone biffs their ride...

Well, blossom was a nickname my dh gave me years ago. It stuck! So when I joined gardenweb and then an online gardening club I just used that old nickname. It got even more stuck!!! Many, many people know me only as blossom. I answer to it just as naturally as I answer to my real name.

mine was just a nickname i was given by some friends from my old job...

i go by southern bandgirl on oh's lapband board. i came up with that one all by myself!

michelle

LMAO, Cookies in the shape of a cross, omg! It's actually quite simple, I didn't start riding a motorcycle, ie, a Harley until I was a Nana...whallaa---HarleyNana. Baking Cookies, NOT, I don't cook anything (my other nickname.. Microwave Mama, given to me by my two sons) and the thought of touching any boo-boos makes me weak in the knees, unless it's my precious grandsons.

Thanks for the visuals though ladiescool.gif

ooh, I love to cook! I love to invent new recipes too.... whenever I come home, my son insists that I cook everynight. "you are the only thing that saves me from eating mac'n'cheese for the rest of my life."

He also calles me "medic mom." Knowing what kind of kid I was, I figured that I'd better get my red-cross certification and a really good first aide kit... :D

I have a screen name on AOL ZebraLuck76 and I had that name for almost 7 yrs now, I use to be GemLuck and My Hubby before we married was Zebra14541 (We met online) once we got married I changed my screen name to ZebraLuck!

Trish: is my nick name i got about 17yrs ago, whats funny is my hubby introduced me to his family as Trish, so one day I had to call his mom for something.. i dont remember, but I said Hi, This is Patricia.. She was like WHO?? I said Patricia... it was quite and then I said Oh.. no its Trish.. Then she knew who she was talking to LOL

Okay, when I first logged on to LBT, I was sobbing because I saw here what I wanted for me, and for the first time in a long time, I actually had HOPE. I would get the shakes getting on the computer to see if it was real, to see if I could find something awful that made this Not for me. It took a few days to finally post, and when I had to choose a name, I chose what I wanted to be, and that was "the best me" there was. Thanks for the hope everyone. You inspire me daily!

Hey Jamie is your name supposed to be Losing or Loosing? LOL Just curious!! Forgot to mention what my name means. Um Penni is my name and 60 is my birth year. So you see I am creature of simplicity. LOL!! I should change my screen name to PenelopeLee since that is my real name. Becky I share your middle name. How cool is that?

Michelle, I can breathe now! I've always meant to ask you what your name meant, but I kept forgetting. My step-mom's name was Mola Reba, and she finally told me it was the name of a boat. This is a fun thread.