Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much food do you eat at your sweet spot?

I hate the head hunger. I can walk through the kitchen and not even be hungry at all until I see a banana sitting there Or I open the cabinet to get my Vitamins and see the nuts... all of a sudden I am craving both of them.

The visual clues... that's what marketing is all about. Why do you think diners have those clear glass, revolving displays loaded with Desserts?

And the big supermarkets that have their own bakeries inside. I mean what smells better, a loaf of bread baked yesterday sitting in a clear wrapper or a freshly baked loaf just out of the oven?

These are all ways we are enticed to overeat. No wonder we needed the band!

this is semi off subject, but goes along a little with the previous post..i'm still not at my sweet spot, but my 7 year old eat 3 times more than me...and he does not have a weight problem.

this is semi off subject, but goes along a little with the previous post..i'm still not at my sweet spot, but my 7 year old eat 3 times more than me...and he does not have a weight problem.

Your 3 year old has a different metabolic rate to yours. If you could get your metabolism to go like a runaway train like his does, you wouldn't need any help shedding the pounds. :frown:

Your 3 year old has a different metabolic rate to yours. If you could get your metabolism to go like a runaway train like his does, you wouldn't need any help shedding the pounds. :frown:

amen to that!!! actually if i could get my butt to move like his (he's 7) then i wouldn't need any help with shedding the pounds. he never stops moving!!!!

Why are doctor's so afraid of patients making decisions like this? Do they think we are completely stupid? Why would we want to be overfilled? How much fun is PB'ing and pain? Why can't they trust us to determine what our sweet spot is and when we need another fill? Geesh, they act like we are all out to get away with something. I very much feel for you, dustout.

Why are doctor's so afraid of patients making decisions like this? Do they think we are completely stupid? Why would we want to be overfilled? How much fun is PB'ing and pain? Why can't they trust us to determine what our sweet spot is and when we need another fill? Geesh, they act like we are all out to get away with something. I very much feel for you, dustout.

each doctor is totally different, but my doctor puts it in our hands, and gives us a little guide to go by: if you can eat more than 10 bites of solid food; if you can eat more than 1/2 sandwich with white bread; if you are hungry between meals & you are not eating soft foods; if you feel the desire to snack; if you are consuming more than 800 calories..............it might be time for a fill.

if you have night cough or acid reflux at all it IS time for an unfill. if you cannot swallow liquids for more than 24 hours it IS time for an unfill. if you can not swallow your own spit it IS time for the emergency room :smile:.

amen to that!!! actually if i could get my butt to move like his (he's 7) then i wouldn't need any help with shedding the pounds. he never stops moving!!!!

My mistake there, I got his age mixed up with the amount of food he was eating . I wish I had my son's energy level too. There's only one of him, but I swear he can run in 3 different directions at once when I'm trying to round him up for something. :smile:

yeah isn't it great...he can't even be still for me to comb his hair.. he literally climbs our walls (literally..in the hall all the way to the ceiling)....

maybe one day after this 100 lbs isn't weighing me down, then i will have some energy too.

You're the customer TELL them what you want. Everything is negoitiable, so maybe they say they will only give you .2cc's and you say .5 and call it a deal at .4 or something.

For me, I am still struggling to figure out my "sweet spot". I have had 4 fills and can eat about 1/2 cup to 1 cup at a time, depending on the food. My issue is snacking, which I have to find other ways to deal with stress that drives me to snack.< /p>

Come on folks I have been at this for 200+ lbs now and I can tell you that the psychological reasons you got heavy will be in your face as you lose weight.

FACE them!! Embrace them.

Then when they are not looking gather them all up, put them in a weighted suitcase and throw them deep and far into the ocean.

Then put up a sign that says NO FISHING!

Move on and make it permanent. (as much as you can).

Couch sessions available upon request..

HI Everyone,

TulipStar, I agree with you when coming to some agreement with the doctor with how much fill you want. My last fill we settled on .3cc. Lo and behold that did the trick. I had my second restriction with 5 tries. I still can eat a nice portion of food; 4oz of Protein, 4oz of veggies, 2 - 3oz of carbs. My next fill is 2/6, I want a .2cc fill which should put me at a restriction where I hope I can eat 1/2 - 1 cup of food. Since that is what they say we should only be able to eat. For I am not losing the 2lbs a week like they say I should.

I've already felt the sliming, saliva and PB'ing. Horrible, horrible feeling. Someone suggested to me to drink hot tea or eat a small bite of food about 10 minutes before a meal. The hot tea did help. So I've been doing that first thing in the morning.

Just Tuesday past, I was able to eat a pastrami sandwich on whole wheat bread. And I wasn't really hungry. I should not of been able to eat 1/2 of that sandwich. So, I know I'm not at my sweet spot.

Lost only 5lbs since 1/2. So hope this next fill is it for a long while.

As for the doctors givning small fills, it's a $$$$ thing. It's $350 a visit that's billed to my insurance co. But, also to get you to a retriction slowly. But, preventive medicine compared to the illness get if we didn't have the band.

Well, hope everyone have a successful weekend.

Just my 2 cents worth but:

There are many places you can get a fill, just like other companies the Dr. has to earn and compete for your business. I would sit down or write a letter to the Dr. and tell them you are looking to find another place to get your fills, NOT because of him., but because....share your experience and how it made you feel. Explain that it is a hard enough journey for you and it is upsetting to have the added stress by rude comments like you received and you find it insulting. Were your fills included with your band placement? If so you might just go directly to the Dr. tell your experience, and request someone else give your fills.

Everyone is different and one person may require more fills then another does. I think it is understandable what your saying about Snacks and meals. You were just thinking how long between when you eat.

Sorry you are having this experience. Keep us posted how things turn out and do not let this lady bring you down.

Sweet spot?

To me the "sweet spot" is where you have the best of both worlds. That is you lose weight by following the eating program but are not so tight you have discomfort.

I think you are doing what I call testing your band. I mean really a sandwhich?A pastrami no less!! I sugest you go back to liquids for a couple days then start back eating the bandster way and get your mind completely around eating as you know you should. There is just no place for a pastrami sandwhich. You should never had even tried it. The band will not work for you if you dont "work it" .. If you continue to eat sandwhiches and non band friendly food you will stretch your esophagus and develop a second tummy no a pouch. You should be eating around 900 - 1000 calories a day. Are you? Keep a diary of what and when you eat. Do you drink the Water you are supposed to be drinking? Do you get all your protien 50 - 75 grams a day? Stop testing your band and get back on track. The band won't do it by itself.....

My doctor won't give me more than .3cc fill at a time. And it's always my doctor that gives my fill. The asst. only takes the basic info. b/p, weight and intake info of food intake since the previous fill. That info usually determine how much of a fill he'll give me.

That's the first time and the last time I'll test the band like that. My fill last December put me closer to a restriction than I've been since being banded. It was scary to of gotten that far with that sandwich. Of course I was too full for dinner. It was just Water for the balance of the day.

My next fill is 2/6 so, I won't dare test the band like that. For I've already experienced what PBing is and everything else that goes with overeating.

So as you said, that sweet spot, where you have the best of both worlds... a good restriction . Then I can see that 8 - 10 lb per month weight loss that's suppose to take place when you're restricted.

I've learned my lesson with that test. Didn't come this far to just mess up on a test like that. It's not worth it.