Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Nymphs Feeling Restriction!

I am hoping my next fill 1/17/08 will be "it". I can eat about 1/2 of what I could at 6.5. So maybe 7.5 will be my "mark". I have to be really careful of what I eat. I had an egg salad pita sandwich yesterday and I had to get my can of pineapple juice out just in case. I stopped for a bit and it went down eventually. Unfortunately, it wasn't worth the effort. I eat out daily at lunch with the lunch bunch and we tried someplace new. Yuck. Anyway, I hope the 7.5 will do it for me until I drop some more weight.

I've hit my second goal...first was "Onederland" and second to weigh less than my husband!! Yea!!!! 45 down and 64 to go!!

Take care all.

I haven't even had my first fill. I don't know how you have had four! I have my six week check up next week (at seven weeks) and will get my first fill! Any advice for me!

I haven't even had my first fill. I don't know how you have had four! I have my six week check up next week (at seven weeks) and will get my first fill! Any advice for me!

I was banded on 11/06 so hang in there. It does work if you follow the plan. I'm at a point where I'm not hungry again like I was just after surgery. My biggest battle is head hunger. You can do it if you keep at it. I'm not the best example as I usually eat regularly after each fill...no mushies or just fluids. It works for me. I just don't eat between meals except two Snacks a day neither one of which is high in calories but is high in Protein.

Take care!!

Looks like I've hit the spot finally. I am at 7.5 cc's with this last fill this morning. I had a lot of problems getting down my oatmeal. I had to do it slowly and carefully. I hope I've hit the mark. I've never had such a quick reaction in my fills. It usually takes a day or two to kick in. I now have to be careful what I eat and how much I eat. I don't want to mess up my pouch or get stuck...neither one is good.

Take care all.

Hello everyone!

I'm feeling quite similar to a lot of you. A lot of hunger, head hunger, and lapsing into bad habits due to hunger! I had 3 cc's in my band at surgery, then 1 cc fill in December, and didn't feel any restriction. I just got another 1 cc fill this last week and I can feel a difference, but not enough restriction yet. I can't eat as much as I used to, definitely, but I can still eat way more than I should. It has helped a lot with the hunger though. My doc is going to give only .5 cc's/month from now on. So I hope the next .5 cc's does the trick of filling me up after 1/4 to 1/2 cup food.< /p>

I was afraid to post to this thread....LOL I have no fill and do not feel I need one as of yet.......I have no hunger still since surgery. I am losing just fine, though I did have a 14 day period where I had not lost any weight but have since lost 7 pounds.

I am able to eat my 3 ounce meals just as I have all along and I feel full and no need to eat more. I am not snakcing on anything in between meals. I am exercising 5-6 times a week and am intensifying these workouts.

I only drink Water and Milk and V-8 juice. I am always careful to eat my Protein first and chew and chew and chew, the food is not an issue at this time. I do not see my Dr until Feb 7th I am anxious for him to see me. I want to be down 40 pounds when I see him, I think I am going to make that goal.....YIPPEE!!

I feel like I have some initial restriction after my second fill on Friday. I'm on liquids this weekend but I had a Luna bar and some American cheese slices last night and I felt it going down! It wasn't pain but I was uncomfortable for a couple of minutes -- a definite reminder that it's time to be more careful about following the rules. I'm also feeling less hunger. I hope it lasts! I'm up to 6 ccs in my 10-cc band.

I have a 10cc band. It was pre-filled with 2cc during surgery. 2. cc were added at my first fill so I have 4cc in my band. I had restriction for about two and half weeks after my first fill. I have been struggling for a week and half, am full for only an hour, and then I must eat. I can wait for my fill Tuesday.

I was so hopeful at my last fill that I would get some restriction, but nothing. Fortunately, my dr. does not make me wait more than 2 weeks before I can get another and I'll be at that appt right on time!

I just can't rely on willpower anymore. I'm not going crazy on food or anything, but if I don't get my calories under 1000 for at least a couple days a week, the scale doesn't move.

I know this isn't supposed to be a race to lose, but the slow down of weight loss is mentally depressing. I'm ok with slow and steady, but a stand still is just awful and from the posts, I can see others feel the same way.

I hope next appt helps, but I said that last appt!

It's definitely frustrating doing this without restriction. My 2cc in a 10cc band is not doing it for me. I went out for lunch and dinner today and on both occasions I had no problem finishing my meal. The meals I ordered weren't very big but way too big for a bander. My fill appointment is at 9am on Wednesday and I hope I get enough to give me a chance to get the weight loss moving again. If I wanted to do it with willpower alone I wouldn't have gone through an operation or have spent this much money.

SADES: Ditto for me. I have been relying on willpower for at least the last month and just don't feel like I can hold on longer without a fill that works. I know once I get the fill that works, it might be short lived, but even a week or two of restriction would be a relief.

I watched my family eat pizza this weekend and resisting is not easy ( but I did). I have another week before my next appt. UGH!

Even 2 weeks restriction would be good at this point... might get a few pounds off in that time. I try to resist the wrong foods but can't always do it. Good on you Shortgal for resisting the pizza. I guess for me right now it feels like I was on a diet and lost some weight and now I'm off it again ... not too different to how I've always done it in the past. I'm trying not to be impatient about this but my motivation is dwindling.

I got my 2nd fill last Wednesday bringing to 4cc in a 10cc band. They used Omnipaque instead of saline this time too. I've had good restriction with this fill but it is also that wonderful time of month (sorry guys) so that makes it a little tighter. I've lost 3 pounds since that fill. I haven't been hungry but this morning I am hungry. I hope this doesn't mean the swelling is going down and I will need another fill right away. I've really enjoyed the past 5 days with the restriction.

I'm pretty sure I'm at the best restriction because I am not able to eat a lot of my favorites, like the spicy chicken strips sold at the grogery store. I usually grab a couple for me and one non-spicy strip for Sam, my cocker spaniel. I just can't eat them. I've really had some very painful experiences and it is always while I'm driving. I also can't eat nuts. eggs don't work well. I was planning on eating eggs as my main source of Protein but that went by the wayside. I eat a lot of tofu. I've gotten "in" to curries lately. I had about three small bites of roast beef last night and had to give up on that. It is a good thing I still have Protein powder left so I can add some to my yogurt or I would be really short on my Protein. I guess 7.5 on my 10 is where I need to be. I usually forget my Vitamins so I'd better start remembering those. Weight loss? I'm still 45 down from my highest but not moving.

It takes will power even at a good restriction to not eat my favorites. It is just a good thing I don't like ice cream. I need to work out more. I've been off my tread mill because I've been fighting a 3 week session of a cold. I need to get back on and ratchet up the calorie useage.

Bottom line is you can work around the band if you want. THe band is a great tool but it is up to us to use it correctly.

Hang in there everyone.

Dang. Got 2 cc of fill today on top of my 4.5 already in there. So up to 6.5 cc. I could feel (and HEAR!) the Water gurgling through right after the fill. I'm on liquids for 2 days, so I started a Slim-Fast shake when I got home. I took my Vitamins while I was drinking the Slim Fast. YEOUCH. I thought for sure I was going to PB them. It hurt. And they weren't even big Vitamins. I'm taking supplements to hopefully help my skin as I lose weight and they're capsules. It took me nearly an hour to finish my Slim Fast after that. Gees. This might just be restriction! Goodness, I hope so. That would so rock.

I have lost a lot of weight and the NP asked how I've done it without restriction and I told her "will power." It's true - that's what this has been. BUT, the weight is at least a tad bit harder to regain when I slip, now. It'll be so nice to be able to lose weight with the assistance I PAID for over two months ago. LOL