Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Realize band

Just a reminder... you can use the "ignore" button for any poster who you don't care to hear from.

Thanks for the link, MichelleInCA. I love to read research... I'm weird that way. ;)

Yes, thank you! I tend to always go by the old adage, "Trust, but VERIFY".

(I'm also wary of chicken Little yelling that the sky is falling! LOL)

So links to real, valid info are invaluable for me!

I always love your perspective, Jack! ;)

again for the third time - The meta study DOES NOT include LapBand AP (third Generation) bands - only the older models.

And I m not asking you to take my advice - Im just telling you what the real deal is so your not duped into believe things that aren't true to make an informed decision. Exactly what Elizabethsew said - dont take my work or your doctors word, do your own research = doctors get most of their info from reps which is exaggerated information because they have to time to do their own research.

And further the video from youtube IS the Realize band, called the Swedish Band in Europe.

again for the third time - The meta study DOES NOT include LapBand AP (third Generation) bands - only the older models.

And I m not asking you to take my advice - Im just telling you what the real deal is so your not duped into believe things that aren't true to make an informed decision. Exactly what Elizabethsew said - dont take my work or your doctors word, do your own research = doctors get most of their info from reps which is exaggerated information because they have to time to do their own research.

And further the video from youtube IS the Realize band, called the Swedish Band in Europe.

Fair enough. The meta study shows the older LapBand = Realize in effectiveness, complications, etc. So the logic you are putting forth is that the older LapBand is every bit as "horrible" as the Swedish Band, but the AP is so much better, it makes the older one look like crap? Innamed might disagree. From my research the AP was developed because the company knew the wider/lower-pressure Realize band was coming to the US and they had to compete.

You keep telling everyone to do their own research... well as you can see there are not a lot of studies with the AP band to look at. Maybe another view is I don't want to use a brand new band model, just like I don't want to use Windows Vista until it gets fixed. (Plus I'm a mac user so...)

Isuza,

You know very well that the band in that video is not the Realize Band. The port looks like something some kids put together for a science project. It looks metalic not at all like the one on Johnson and Johnson's web site, which looks like the one I handled in my doctor's office.

Do people get paid for hits on their YouTube videos? It's an honest question, I really have no idea.

I would be surprised if the school you are attending allows you to use YouTube videos and Wikipedia as references on your papers. But if you can, let me know which school that is. And you've never told us who your surgeon is that showed you a Realize Band but doesn't use it, or where he/she is located. I trust my surgeon and proudly post his name on my signature.

Yeah, I saw a bunch of this Isuzu's/redstarr's "research" and notable quotables were pulled from Wikipedia and I literally laughed out loud. Told my husband, and he laughed out loud as well. Anybody who tries to use THAT as a reliable source or to support their own arguments has got to be a flunky...definitely NOT a med student. Puh-leez.

Oh...and I also saw that YouTube video...that is definitely NOT the same band that is in my stomach. It's all weird looking and it doesn't look like what is around my stomach at all. Not in the least.

That being said if your going to come onto message boards and make hostile statements and call DOCTORS "morons" I would highly suggest you back UP those statement with links and other Cold hard fact along with the things spewing off your finger tips !

Why would someone believe what you are saying over their own doc ? Should I take your word for it ?

do you not think your word would have more merit behind it if it was followed by facts, places to research those facts instead of hostile post after hostile post and name calling of doctors who people have put their trust and lives on the line with ?

you want us to believe YOUR real deal ? Im not saying what you are saying is true or false, im simply saying PROVE what your saying , back it up if you believe in what your saying so strongly , it will go further than the way you are going about things now !!

Mindy

(Plus I'm a mac user so...)

I knew there was a reason I liked you. And you're from the right state too. :)

Oh...and I also saw that YouTube video...that is definitely NOT the same band that is in my stomach. It's all weird looking and it doesn't look like what is around my stomach at all. Not in the least.

Maybe it's an earlier generation? Because in spite of what lsuza/redstar keeps saying, the Realize band being sold in the US is not the first generation. In fact, the first generation band (put out in the 80s) didn't even have a buckle, but was sewn shut!

Luckily, all the bands have changed a lot since the 80s. :)

I doubt the YouTube video is any medical device at all. If the device were from the '80's it would predate YouTube by a couple of decades. Buzz Lightyear (in the YouTube video) was quite convincing, don't ya think? It's cute and cleaver, and Isuza is getting extra hits on it. What do ya suppose it's rating is now? I think that is the whole game being run here. Isuza wins cause we hit his/her video.

I win? I win what? a new car? Im trying to show you what the band looks like that's all. I have a picture showing the Realize Band inflated - If someone can explain to me how to post here - I'll do it. You wont proof - i got it!

my agenda is to do one thing only - expose the truth so you can make a decision on the facts- not half the facts - now that you have the facts and you still want the realize band- great, good for you - but at least you have all the information to make an informed decison. If you went to buy a car and it looked like it was in perfect condition but it was involved in 3 accidents, wouldn't you want that information before you purchase it.

You know what, Im outta here - Everyone go get the Realize Band, knock yourselves out. If my help is not appreciated, lots - o - luck people. I put in 30-40 hours of research, spoken with 4 doctors and went to 3 seminars and have taken my own personal time on my vacation to help others by giving them information J&J is not. If you think you know better than go for it.

goodbye

You win for being annoying quite frankly....Didn't you say your "gone"?

I'm going to guess everyone who has the Realize Band did so by choosing what works for them based off of their consultation w/their surgeon...Not by typing in to Wikipedia. Can you just move on - please??